Jay will return as Head Coach next year !
Old 02-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default Jay will return as Head Coach next year !

BC will have Jay return next year as our head coach. He is doing a good job with the handling of Bargs, Ukic and Graham. With the addition of Marion, our team will start to jell. Jay has been around long enough and he has earned his stripes in this league. He was involved with the US Gold Medal team, a man respected in the league by U.S. BASKETBALL and the top players that were on that team.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

fail
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,109
Representing:
Default

I think there is a strong possibility that he will come back but I want a better coach with more experience

Last edited by Gurk; 02-26-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

BC is running outta time to keep fucking with projects, experiments and potential, in terms of the patience MLSE will have with him, so if he keeps Jay he better be damn sure we will be much better next year.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,904
Representing:
Default

I dont care who is coaching, as long as this team is playing better thats all that matters. This bad year is not jays fault, but his reccord is a little shitty. I dont know. Im guessing at this point its still a tossup
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,505
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
BC is running outta time to keep fucking with projects, experiments and potential, in terms of the patience MLSE will have with him, so if he keeps Jay he better be damn sure we will be much better next year.
If we're going turn the corner as a team we need to stay healthy.

If the Raps have as many injuries to key guys next year as they did THIS year we'll struggle again... new coach or no. Unless BC pulls some magic out of his hat and gets us more depth.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
playing D

What What....
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 172
Representing:
Default

No chance in hell he's gonna be coach next year, there may have been a few injuries and other excuses out there but Jay cannot get these guys motivated to play. The only time we've had decent results is after brutal blowouts, where the next game guys are playing for 'pride'. Getting kicked out the game the other week as well that was just so stupid, if he was any way a decent coach, he wouldnt have waited till we were down 17 with less than 5mins to go. An yeah he maybe well respected as an assitant but thats where he should remain, as an assistant, not a head coach.
eoraptor77 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

i don't think that Colangelo is on the hot seat here. He's had one bad year. just one. I can't see MLSE taking the risk of canning him and hoping that doesn't further damage this team's already fragile reputation.

As for Triano coming back, i would say that it is possible, but it probably isn't the first choice in Colangelo's mind.

Although apparently D'antoni was shitty his first year after being promoted from assistant and Colangelo kept him around so you never know.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,505
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoraptor77 View Post
No chance in hell he's gonna be coach next year, there may have been a few injuries and other excuses out there but Jay cannot get these guys motivated to play. The only time we've had decent results is after brutal blowouts, where the next game guys are playing for 'pride'. Getting kicked out the game the other week as well that was just so stupid, if he was any way a decent coach, he wouldnt have waited till we were down 17 with less than 5mins to go. An yeah he maybe well respected as an assitant but thats where he should remain, as an assistant, not a head coach.
So the wins against ORL (shorthanded)... HOU... recently against SA? Games where we should have had no chance in hell?

I guess that Jay gets no credit for any of those eh?

All of the games where our guys just pissed themselves in the last 2 minutes and fumbled the game away? Those his fault too?

That's great.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,381
Representing:
Default

I want to see how the remainder of the season plays out.
If the Raps continue to show improvement at both ends of the floor from a technical standpoint and if Triano seems able to motivate them to play with intensity on a consistent basis, then I wouldn't object to keeping him around.
There's a long way to go before those things are accomplished and not alot of season left to do it.
I'm afraid that B.C might just want to keep Jay on as coach because he's obedient.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Retro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Posts: 49
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
Although apparently D'antoni was shitty his first year after being promoted from assistant and Colangelo kept him around so you never know.
Didn't they go on to sign Steve Nash that summer?

I wouldn't mind if Triano remains as the head coach, unless we could get a proven NBA coach otherwise i don't see the point in letting him go.
Retro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
playing D

What What....
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 172
Representing:
Default

I understand your point, the raps did get some very suprising wins but those are mostly games guys are up for anyway, or if it is Jay that motivates our guys to get up for bigger games, why o why cant he get them up for games against the shittier teams out there. I think Jay does have alot of bball smarts an you can tell he's hurting, sitting there on the bench when he sees the ugly heartless performances some nights but he doesnt seem to know how to turn things around during a game.
eoraptor77 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
Didn't they go on to sign Steve Nash that summer?

I wouldn't mind if Triano remains as the head coach, unless we could get a proven NBA coach otherwise i don't see the point in letting him go.
i dunno.

I just know that when D'antoni was promoted from assistant to head coach, he didn't do very well at all and yet Colangelo kept him on anyways.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,505
Representing:
Default

Honestly.... at this point I'm really thinking that it's just on-the-floor LEADERSHIP that's needed. And Marion has probably brought more of that than anyone else so far (except maybe JO at points).

I love Chris... but he's letting this team down right now with his softness.

When he plays with ferocity this team is 10 X better.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

actually, i really briefly looked it up and i think Nash came to Pheonix the following season (i.e. D'antoni's first full season with the club).
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,258
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i don't think that Colangelo is on the hot seat here. He's had one bad year. just one. I can't see MLSE taking the risk of canning him and hoping that doesn't further damage this team's already fragile reputation.

As for Triano coming back, i would say that it is possible, but it probably isn't the first choice in Colangelo's mind.

Although apparently D'antoni was shitty his first year after being promoted from assistant and Colangelo kept him around so you never know.
i saw this ting on nba tv that showed coach's records right after they were permoted almost all of them were under .500 and those who were above were only by a game or 2 and dont get me wrong there were a bunch of sik coaches
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,381
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Honestly.... at this point I'm really thinking that it's just on-the-floor LEADERSHIP that's needed. And Marion has probably brought more of that than anyone else so far (except maybe JO at points).

I love Chris... but he's letting this team down right now with his softness.

When he plays with ferocity this team is 10 X better.
I agree with your point about Bosh.
Although, leadership is not all that's needed. There are major issues with the on court systems. Maybe Triano needs a full training camp in order to put effective changes in place. These are professional basketball players though. You'd think they'd be able to grasp simple changes to the concepts more easily.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 443
Representing:
Default

there is no way in hell triano comes back next year as head coach.he'll be retained as an assistant.
Quad Core is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,109
Representing:
Default

Leadership is a major nesscessity. Just look at the Celts before and after KG..
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
waiting for the casey is fired press conference

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,000
Representing:
Default

he should get his job back next year

if BC waited a two weeks before firing Sam, Triano's record would look much better, and there was no way we were going to win those games anyways,

the Raptors are much better to watch right now then they were all season, this three game stretch with marion
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Former Raptors head coach the new USC head coach FR33RIDE Toronto Raptors 9 06-22-2009 09:23 AM
Jay Triano Named Head Coach 3 Year deal halphbreedballer Toronto Raptors 1 05-11-2009 08:32 PM
Head Coach Next Season Windex Toronto Raptors 25 04-13-2009 07:55 PM
Del Negro New Bulls Head Coach Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 2 06-10-2008 05:07 AM
Time to look for a new HEAD COACH! Toebee Toronto Raptors 33 05-01-2008 10:19 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24