Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Jay hints who is willing to stay here? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/jay-hints-who-willing-stay-here-20201.html)

Tommy C 05-11-2011 04:55 PM

Jay hints who is willing to stay here?
 
check out this video. 3:35 - Jay Triano tells the camera about the players who love the city, the team and the coaching staff... Bargs, Calderon and Davis are missing from his line... Try to read between the lines.
I have a feeling Bargs will be traded during/ post draft day.
Davis will be traded as well; As far as I can remember he was never big on the fact to play in Toronto.
Calderon may stay as he is a great backup at the PG spot, if we draft a PG he may get traded.

Link:
Season In Review: Pt. 7 - Apr. 29, 2011 | video | Raptors

powerfulpanda 05-11-2011 04:59 PM

oh god....smh

carp 05-11-2011 05:04 PM

he was talking about the young players.... this trade bargnani rhetoric has gone a little overboard now.

pzabby 05-11-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 537886)
he was talking about the young players.... this trade bargnani rhetoric has gone a little overboard now.

i didnt watch the video but davis is young no?

Blaze 05-11-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 537896)
i didnt watch the video but davis is young no?

he was just listing our young players at the top of his head, he just forgot about davis nothing more...

Ammo 05-11-2011 06:38 PM

I only noticed the omission of Davis when I heard it. And whether or not Jay meant to leave him out, it will take a lot for me not to see him as living out of a suitcase until he can "go home". It may not be fair to him to say that, but experiences of this organization leave me unwilling to ignore strong hunches.

Don Vito 05-11-2011 07:46 PM

Wow I hate when people read into things like this. Davis ain't going nowhere..

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...TF/24czcxx.gif

Ammo 05-11-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 537917)
Wow I hate when people read into things like this. Davis ain't going nowhere..

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...TF/24czcxx.gif

I like Davis, but none of us have any basis for thinking one way or the other, partly because he says nothing when his mouth is moving.

80% of the words that come out of his mouth are exactly the same...."Just trying to get better, just trying to help the team an' stuff". Admittedly good words to hear, but nothing else has ever come out.

What's left? Inklings and hunches. I've seen happier and more engaged guys than that leave town quicker than ice cream disappears when there's a fat kid in the room.

FoldedLaundry 05-11-2011 08:32 PM

I thought DD and Davis were the building blocks of this rebuild..

Don Vito 05-11-2011 08:36 PM

Just because he doesn't suck up to the media doesn't mean he hates the city. After all he re-tweeted this..

Twitter

Why would he re-tween that if he didn't agree with it? He must agree with it which is why he re-tweeted it. Ed enjoys being here and playing on this team.. anyone who says otherwise is just looking to create unnecessary drama.

js12 05-11-2011 08:39 PM

Ed Davis is just shy. He's never been a guy that likes to connect with the media. Remember the draft day interview?

FoldedLaundry 05-11-2011 08:44 PM

He seems to be more focused on his game than the media

jeffb 05-11-2011 08:45 PM

Wow, i think you're reading wayyyyyyyy too much into this.


Sheeesh

Dark Knight 05-11-2011 08:50 PM

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...0&d=1246514933

Ammo 05-11-2011 09:48 PM

He starts the thread as a question.

What Jay said holds no bearing on Ed staying.
No one can say they know either way.....'cept maybe for Ed's dad, who seemed pissed when Toronto drafted him. Ed's dad got him Charlotte Bobcats drawers for Christmas.

gabe91 05-11-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 538015)
He starts the thread as a question.

What Jay said holds no bearing on Ed staying.
No one can say they know either way.....'cept maybe for Ed's dad, who seemed pissed when Toronto drafted him. Ed's dad got him Charlotte Bobcats drawers for Christmas.

And what about saying he was going to help train Ed this summer so he can put on muscle and be a better for the Toronto Raptors next year? I really think you don't know what you're talking about.

Don Vito 05-11-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 538015)
He starts the thread as a question.

What Jay said holds no bearing on Ed staying.
No one can say they know either way.....'cept maybe for Ed's dad, who seemed pissed when Toronto drafted him. Ed's dad got him Charlotte Bobcats drawers for Christmas.

That is bullshit. When did Terry Davis say he was pissed that Ed got drafted by the raptors? Stop blowing smoke.

Tommy C 05-11-2011 10:07 PM

I am not saying anything, not aiming at anyone.
My feelings? He is looking to get better so he will be able to ask for a trade.
I am really not looking into this shit too much like JeffB tends to think, I just saw this vdeo. But to me you can see who wants to be here and who isn't too excited. I think it's crucial for the team to have players who WANT to be here and not players who NEED to be here because they are under contract, and looking forward to be traded.
could be just a senior moment of Jay, but could be something the coaching staff feels.
I still think he wants to get better, help the team, and then to go elsewhere.
Only time will tell.

Don Vito 05-11-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy C (Post 538030)
I am not saying anything, not aiming at anyone.
My feelings? He is looking to get better so he will be able to ask for a trade.
I am really not looking into this shit too much like JeffB tends to think, I just saw this vdeo. But to me you can see who wants to be here and who isn't too excited. I think it's crucial for the team to have players who WANT to be here and not players who NEED to be here because they are under contract, and looking forward to be traded.
could be just a senior moment of Jay, but could be something the coaching staff feels.
I still think he wants to get better, help the team, and then to go elsewhere.
Only time will tell.

This goes to show you know absolutely nothing about Ed Davis, his personality and character. Really.. this thread is a disgrace to Ed Davis.

Northern Neighbour 05-11-2011 11:12 PM

Some of you are reading way too much into nothing. It was just an oversight on Triano's part. I highly doubt he knows what the braintrust is thinking since BC may not even be the team's GM when the off-season officially begins.

And to suggest that a player doesn't like the city because he gives ho-hum interviews is absurd. We've seen the opposite as well, where a player expresses his love for the team, the fans, and the city and then leaves town at the first opportunity.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24