Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Jawai: "Andrea is one of the greatest talents in the world." (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/jawai-andrea-one-greatest-talents-world-2738.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 07-23-2008 10:08 AM

Jawai: "Andrea is one of the greatest talents in the world."
 
Ugh .... Nathan's apparently delusional too. :(

Anyhow, this was from an interview with an Italian paper. I can't translate the rest. ;)

Quote:

Q: Do you know Andrea Bargnani? What do you think about him?

A: Andrea is one of the greatest talents in the world. We can easily play together, since we complete each other. He's more perimeter oriented, i stay under the basket: it will be hard for opponents to keep us down. We'll make Italy and Australia proud of us.
Source - Click here

Benzo 07-23-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

A: Andrea is one of the greatest talents in the world. We can easily play together, since we complete each other. He's more perimeter oriented, i stay under the basket: it will be hard for opponents to keep us down. We'll make Italy and Australia proud of us.
I wonder who Tom Cruise is in that relationship.

Major 07-23-2008 10:11 AM

"Andrea holds down the right end of the bench, and I will firmly plant my butt on the left end of the bench. Darrick Martin and Yogi Stewart will be proud of us."

But seriously at least Nate has the character. I like that in players.

Snooch 07-23-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 45450)
I wonder who Tom Cruise is in that relationship.

Easily Bargs

Dr. J. Naismith 07-23-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 45450)
I wonder who Tom Cruise is in that relationship.

Easliy Nathan. I see Andrea more like Renee Zellweger. ;)

Snooch 07-23-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 45461)
Easliy Nathan. I see Andrea more like Renee Zellweger. ;)

http://www.joeiverson.com/Library/ra...argnaniBio.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...1R_468x552.jpg


scary:puke::wtf:

Claudius 07-23-2008 10:57 AM

I like that endorsement, here's a guy who plays the game and practices with him everyday. If Andrea returns to form, and I think he will, we'll be in a nice nice place.

Superjudge 07-23-2008 11:10 AM

You cacksmokers are so hard on Andrea it ain't funny.

The guy is gonna be a very good player, you can see it everytime he's out there.

He will be a slow curve kinda guy is all

Dr. J. Naismith 07-23-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 45475)
He will be a slow curve kinda guy is all

Well, he'll be learning from the best now considering how long it took Jermaine to make a name for himself. :face4:

Snooch 07-23-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 45477)
Well, he'll be learning from the best now considering how long it took Jermaine to make a name for himself. :face4:

Only problem with that is JO was traded before he made the jump.

Superjudge 07-23-2008 11:23 AM

Yep.

true, and the Portland went in the tank.

ClingRap 07-23-2008 11:49 AM

I still like andrea ALOT. It's frustrating seeing a guy of such immense talents struggle. The one thing that was missing last year from his game that was present in year one was his fluidity. he looked mechanical at times, which could be the result of anything from the injuries he played through to the constant shuffling of him around the starting line-up.
Young guys need a consistent spot to gain comfort and chemistry.

I think he'll be primed and ready to roll this fall. I really like the looks of this team.

Adequate Swag 07-23-2008 11:56 AM

A clearly defined role is going to help Andrea alot.

Last year his role changed regularly based on his play and the play of others.

Now, he knows what's going to happen every game. He'll be the first big off the bench, and unless he totally shits the bed, his minutes should stay pretty consistent all season.

That combined with increased time against second units should do wonders for him from a confidence and consistency standpoint.

Benzo 07-23-2008 11:57 AM

Bargs was hurt alot more than we all think last year. He'll be fine, and in the running for 6th man of the year.

Major 07-23-2008 01:20 PM

Jawai continues to grow on me. I hope he influences the Raps like JYD used to - always a smile, constantly upbeat, a little nuts, and plays his heart out when he's on the floor.

LX 07-23-2008 02:21 PM

Another thing in Andrea's favor is the fact that he should be more capable of letting the game come to him. He shouldn't need to force things and rush his play.

Ugo Ferst 07-23-2008 02:30 PM

Ill reserve my Andrea opinion for when the season starts, altho i do like him coming off the bench ;)

jeffb 07-23-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adequate Swag (Post 45499)
A clearly defined role is going to help Andrea alot.

Last year his role changed regularly based on his play and the play of others.

Now, he knows what's going to happen every game. He'll be the first big off the bench, and unless he totally shits the bed, his minutes should stay pretty consistent all season.

That combined with increased time against second units should do wonders for him from a confidence and consistency standpoint.

I agree, last season started out well for Bargnani.But when Sam started yanking him to/from the starting line up and his role was so undefined that it killed his confidence.That plus his injuries killed him. I expect him to settle in this year and have a season more comperable to his rookie season and probably improve on those numbers.

14PPG/5-6RPG

LX 07-23-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 45615)
I agree, last season started out well for Bargnani.But when Sam started yanking him to/from the starting line up and his role was so undefined that it killed his confidence.That plus his injuries killed him. I expect him to settle in this year and have a season more comperable to his rookie season and probably improve on those numbers.

14PPG/5-6RPG


So you think that he would have been a solid contributor had he stayed in the starting lineup? To me he just didn't look ready to make the jump. To me the mistake was putting him in as a starter right away, and not the yanking so much.

And the biggest problem was losing the toughness that Garbajosa brought, and that was a void that Bargnani just wasn't ready to fill in any way. In fact he added to the void as a starter. Now he's got a guy in there that is both going to make things easier for him in terms of development, and hold him more accountable than anyone was going to in the locker-room in the past.

rapsfan087 07-23-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by •LX• (Post 45623)
So you think that he would have been a solid contributor had he stayed in the starting lineup? To me he just didn't look ready to make the jump. To me the mistake was putting him in as a starter right away, and not the yanking so much.

Agree with that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24