Jalen Rose: Demar Derozan got game - Page 2
Old 07-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,773
Representing:
Default

He also needs to start getting some calls from the official's finally!!!

Maybe this is the year...
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,810
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94 View Post
Not to be a dick, Im sure I'll get hated on but I'm not trying to be rude, but I feel like alot f you guys jump on any positive thing you here and take it to the heart.
Well said
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,224
Representing:
Default

The most glaring hole in Demar's game over his career has been the lack of a good team.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,224
Representing:
Default

If Demar was drafted by an elite team and had a lesser role we would all love him and want him to be a Raptor.

Instead he's drafted by a shit GM in a bad situation and had to take on a big role and therefore, there are question marks galore.

And from as much as I can tell, Demar still seems to embrace the challenge of taking on that role, and is still pushing himself.

Demar is awesome. Good character guy. Definitely a keeper.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,286
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
If Demar was drafted by an elite team and had a lesser role we would all love him and want him to be a Raptor.

Instead he's drafted by a shit GM in a bad situation and had to take on a big role and therefore, there are question marks galore.

And from as much as I can tell, Demar still seems to embrace the challenge of taking on that role, and is still pushing himself.

Demar is awesome. Good character guy. Definitely a keeper.
And if he were drafted by an elite team and had a lesser role, he'd be paid 5M per year, and then yes I would want him.
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
El Guapo

The Problem Solver
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,392
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
And if he were drafted by an elite team and had a lesser role, he'd be paid 5M per year, and then yes I would want him.
I hate salary comments.

Do you pay the dude? Who cares if its 9 or 5.

Until we start attracting the Lebrons and Chris Pauls to our team, salary cap space is not an issue.

Build a winning culture. Pay guys whatever it takes.

Also Martell Webster just resigned for like 6million per year. Yeah ... the bench player on a horrible team.
Sauce is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #27 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,286
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
I hate salary comments.

Do you pay the dude? Who cares if its 9 or 5.

Until we start attracting the Lebrons and Chris Pauls to our team, salary cap space is not an issue.

Build a winning culture. Pay guys whatever it takes.

Also Martell Webster just resigned for like 6million per year. Yeah ... the bench player on a horrible team.
I watch the team. The team is limited by the contracts on it. Consider this: let's assume you like DeRozan, Amir, and Gay. Would you be happy with the team going into an offseason with them each signed to a 20 M dollar contract? That means no cap space and surrounding them with minimum contract players. Now, would you be happy with them each signed to a 5 M dollar contract, leaving space for a big name free agent or two, or even several solid supporting options? Even if no LBJ signs here, we could probably manage a few Millsaps and Iguodalas.

Salary matters. You might not like to think it does, but it does. A lot.
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24