Interesting article about DeRozan - Page 2
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
On T-Ross Flight 31

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,723
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

DeMar DeRozan
@DeMar_DeRozan
My new website is up at DeMarDeRozan.com. It pays tribute to my Compton roots. Check it out and let me know what y'all think...\

http://www.demarderozan.com/
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,906
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
look at the contracts around the league, and look at demar's stats. he's ALREADY worth his contract
Yeah, I pretty much agree. I'm a demar fan. The thing is his contract kind of feels like a superstar contract!? Obv it isn't in the 14-19mill range but really on ur roster you want 2 expensive superstars (very good/all-star level,) and then some good young players on rookie contracts, and whatever's left on good fa contracts. Obviously that's perfect world! Imo DD is a good player on a slightly expensive contract.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
demar's one of those guys that doesn't need someone to push him to improve. he pushes with or without a player chomping at his heels, as we've seen
He pushes on a string. He's overpaid for what he contributes. At best he's a 7/7.5 million player. He needs supervision in the off season to push him in the area's that need improvement for the teams benefit, not the area's that need improvement in Demar's offensive game. I don't care if his 3 pointer improves, I do care that he stops being so lazy on defense. And becomes a better rebounder.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,792
Representing:
Default

I would be ok with DeMar's contract if this was one of the teams like the Lakers, Nets, Knicks, Heat, Clippers, etc, teams that already know that they have their core player or players and now they are ok overspending on the supporting cast.

But the Raptors have to be smarter with their money.
woodchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,446
Representing:
Default

Money is money ... it isn't ours ... MLSE has indicated and even new management has communicated that Cap restrictions will not limit strategy. MLSE is okay going over ...
The key is getting the right pieces that fit towards building a solid foundation and in the end a championship caliber organization / team.
Carlito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
But the Raptors have to be smarter with their money.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
Money is money ... it isn't ours ... MLSE has indicated and even new management has communicated that Cap restrictions will not limit strategy. MLSE is okay going over ...
The key is getting the right pieces that fit towards building a solid foundation and in the end a championship caliber organization / team.
You do know cap restrictions do apply, although not as strict as the NHL, they still are there. The NBA is unlike the MLB either. If the raps use JL III's team option, they'll be at almost $73 million aka capped out. The only thing left is minimum salaries, bi-annual exception (I think that 1.9 million type deal) and the MLE. So, the raps are paying a lot of money for a team with a ceiling of a first round exit. Having more cap space allows for more flexibility. When you have more flexibility it increases the chances of dishing out $ to be the highest bidder on certain players. So, yeah, cap restrictions do affect strategy.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,378
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
He pushes on a string. He's overpaid for what he contributes. At best he's a 7/7.5 million player..
This past season he got paid 3.3M averaging 18ppg/2.5apg/4 rpg/ on around the league average of PER at 15..You call that overpaid?? OK,cool!!

Give the man(who will be only 24 when the season starts) at least one year to prove he can be worth the 9M on avg extension before you discount him. Whether slowly or not,an all around player or not, DD has improved every year and with more traing with Team USA,the birth of his daughter and a better wing teammate(Rudy Gay),all signs point to him becoming better by all the motivation and help surrounding him.

7.5M would have been a better deal I agree, but based on his numbers,it's safe to say he would've got 8 Million at the very least from another team or the Raptors had BC not extend his contract at the time he did.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,780
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
This past season he got paid 3.3M averaging 18ppg/2.5apg/4 rpg/ on around the league average of PER at 15..You call that overpaid?? OK,cool!!

Give the man(who will be only 24 when the season starts) at least one year to prove he can be worth the 9M on avg extension before you discount him. Whether slowly or not,an all around player or not, DD has improved every year and with more traing with Team USA,the birth of his daughter and a better wing teammate(Rudy Gay),all signs point to him becoming better by all the motivation and help surrounding him.

7.5M would have been a better deal I agree, but based on his numbers,it's safe to say he would've got 8 Million at the very least from another team or the Raptors had BC not extend his contract at the time he did.
Well the nice thing is DD has nothing to prove to Niggles - especially with his silly comment about DD being lazy on defense (the player everyone says works and out works every other player there). And of course DD needs to work on his offense, DD stretching the floor with a consistent 3 will allow the team to transition back on defense quicker (as the other team is spaced out and not clogging the paint all the way to the top of the key). Getting back on defense for DD who typically drives and when he misses he's caught behind everyone and plays catch-up, then he tries to work himself into the defense after the play has started so a number of times he looks confused. OF course not the whole issue but certainly working on offense to better his shot and positioning himself better on the floor will definitely effect his defensive game in a positive way.

DD is a few ticks away on the improvement list that will make him a better overall player.

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 06-23-2013 at 04:49 PM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Well the nice thing is DD has nothing to prove to Niggles - especially with his silly comment about DD being lazy on defense (the player everyone says works and out works every other player there). And of course DD needs to work on his offense, DD stretching the floor with a consistent 3 will allow the team to transition back on defense quicker (as the other team is spaced out and not clogging the paint all the way to the top of the key). Getting back on defense for DD who typically drives and when he misses he's caught behind everyone and plays catch-up, then he tries to work himself into the defense after the play has started so a number of times he looks confused. OF course not the whole issue but certainly working on offense to better his shot and positioning himself better on the floor will definitely effect his defensive game in a positive way.

DD is a few ticks away on the improvement list that will make him a better overall player.
+1
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
This past season he got paid 3.3M averaging 18ppg/2.5apg/4 rpg/ on around the league average of PER at 15..You call that overpaid?? OK,cool!!

Give the man(who will be only 24 when the season starts) at least one year to prove he can be worth the 9M on avg extension before you discount him. Whether slowly or not,an all around player or not, DD has improved every year and with more traing with Team USA,the birth of his daughter and a better wing teammate(Rudy Gay),all signs point to him becoming better by all the motivation and help surrounding him.

7.5M would have been a better deal I agree, but based on his numbers,it's safe to say he would've got 8 Million at the very least from another team or the Raptors had BC not extend his contract at the time he did.
I wasn't referring to his salary last season,I'm talking the money in his new contract. You're right that he's improving every year, but slowly. I'm not interested in waiting till his eleventh season for the light to go on. It should have gone on by now, but it hasn't.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Well the nice thing is DD has nothing to prove to Niggles - especially with his silly comment about DD being lazy on defense (the player everyone says works and out works every other player there). And of course DD needs to work on his offense, DD stretching the floor with a consistent 3 will allow the team to transition back on defense quicker (as the other team is spaced out and not clogging the paint all the way to the top of the key). Getting back on defense for DD who typically drives and when he misses he's caught behind everyone and plays catch-up, then he tries to work himself into the defense after the play has started so a number of times he looks confused. OF course not the whole issue but certainly working on offense to better his shot and positioning himself better on the floor will definitely effect his defensive game in a positive way.

DD is a few ticks away on the improvement list that will make him a better overall player.
Comments aren't silly when they're true. Demar is lazy on defence! He looks confused because he is confused. He get's caught because of his poor basketball IQ, poor positioning and lack of hustle.

Last edited by niggles; 06-23-2013 at 09:36 PM.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24