Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Insidehoop's Top Ten PF's in the NBA (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/insidehoops-top-ten-pfs-nba-3221.html)

Gurk 09-14-2008 07:01 PM

Insidehoop's Top Ten PF's in the NBA
 
I also found the top ten PF's from the same site
Quote:

Originally Posted by Insidehoops
1. Tim Duncan: Though TD is considered a Center according to some ISH posters, he's actually a PF and is still the best player in this spot despite being 33 years old. Duncan's stats might drop a little bit this season but I'd rank him over Garnett again this time.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 18.9 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.2 apg


2. Kevin Garnett: One of the most skillful PFs in NBA history. KG dominated Gasol in NBA(even TD failed to own Gasol in WCF) to lift the Celtics to their 17th NBA title and he's been long considered one of the best defensive players in this league.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 19.6 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.7 apg

3. Dirk Nowitzki: Dirk is probably one of the best Big man shooter in current NBA, but he's regarded by many ISH fans as a soft player. However, Dirk's still the second Best international player in the league and the scoring leader of Dallas Mavericks team.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 25.0 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 3.1 apg

4. Pau Gasol: Gasol is regarded as even a much softer player than Nowitzki and the reason why the Lakers lost in the final. Nonetheless, Gasol has proved how good he is during international B-ball tournament and no doubt he deserves the No.4 spot on this list.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 18.3 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 4.0 apg

5. Amare Stoudemaire: Amare is actually a PF who was forced to play Center at some point of his young career. At 26 year old, Amare might be able to improve himself during the next two years to truly become a dominating PF. Defense, however, is what he needs to work on next.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 26.2 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 1.4 apg

6. Elton Brand: I'd rank Brand to a higher position if he hadn't been injured last season, but he's still one of the best PFs in current NBA. As an undersized PF, Brand shows us how excellent his skill is and how to own taller and tougher opponent. Let's wait and see how good the 76ers can be with Brand.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 21.5 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.0 apg

7. Chris Bosh: Bosh is the best inside scorer in Team USA and don't forget he's still young and hasn't reached his full potential yet. Bosh has developed accurate mid-range shot skills and toughened his defense in recent years. Bosh is the one who will decide how far the Raptors will go this season.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 20.7 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 2.3 apg


8. Carlos Boozer: Boozer's defense is just as terrible as Stoudemaire and he's even shorter and unable to play C therefore. Nevertheless, Boozer is a fairly efficient scorer and lead the Jazz in scoring for the recent two years. Let's wait and see how good he'd be this season with Deron.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 24.4 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 2.8 apg

9. Al Jefferson: AJ is probably one of the most underrated PFs in current league. He's proved that he's an elite Top 10 PF in this league by his outstanding performance in the Celtics w/o Paul Pierce and this young Timberwolves. Too bad most people can't see it.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 22.5 ppg, 13.1 rpg, 0.9 apg

10. Antawn Jamison: Though shooting at a relatively low FG% for a PF, Jamison is still considered a top 10 PF in this league. He's capable of grabbing offensive boards and shoot accurate three pointers sometimes. He's one of the key player to lead the Arenas-less Wizards to play-off.

Predicted Stats For Next Season: 20.2 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.6 apg

Other Candidates: Rasheed Wallace, Kenyon Martin, David West, Emeka Okafor and Zach Randolph.

I am shocked that Pau is ranked higher than Bosh. I am also shocked at the points he is predicted to have
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=102106

rapsfan087 09-15-2008 08:59 AM

Dunno, it doesn't sound so wrong for me, the whole list is more or less right, although something can be changed (I'd change Bosh to the 5).

ClingRap 09-15-2008 09:46 AM

I'd drop Pau to number seven or 8. I'd also find a way to get David West into the top 10.

fancylad 09-15-2008 10:05 AM

I'd drop Pau and Brand below Bosh. I don't think that's being homeristic either.

In any case, these lists just make me all the more impatient for the season to just BLOODY START ALREADY!

INSIDER 09-15-2008 10:08 AM

ive said it once, i'll say it again... Pau Gasol is overrated. and its even worse now that he's in LA.
i guarentee that if he was still on Memphis he'd be #9 in that list.

Acie 09-15-2008 10:09 AM

I'd have Sheed actually on the list, but the rest seem about right.

Bosh has done nothing to warrant being higher.

Snooch 09-15-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 (Post 55661)
I'd have Sheed actually on the list, but the rest seem about right.

Bosh has done nothing to warrant being higher.

Agree on the Sheed statement, I would swap Sheed(proven player, champion) with Al Jefferson(good numbers on a bad team)

Benzo 09-15-2008 10:45 AM

Pau>Bosh

INSIDER 09-15-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoochieBoochie (Post 55665)
Agree on the Sheed statement, I would swap Sheed(proven player, champion) with Al Jefferson(good numbers on a bad team)

nope...
not on my list.
the way i look at these lists is a little different...
in my mind i look at who i'd want on my team, or who i'd prefer on my team.
theres no way in hell i'd take Rasheed Wallace over anyone on that list.

according to your post Snooch, you say Jefferson puts up good numbers on a shit team, but do you really think Wallace would put up 22/13 on Minny? hahahahaha.... i'd like to see that.
and i know its not about stats and its about what a player brings to a team, but along those same lines - wallace is a head case. so that gives me even more reason to keep him off the list.

Benzo 09-15-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 55668)
nope...
not on my list.
the way i look at these lists is a little different...
in my mind i look at who i'd want on my team, or who i'd prefer on my team.
theres no way in hell i'd take Rasheed Wallace over anyone on that list.

according to your post Snooch, you say Jefferson puts up good numbers on a shit team, but do you really think Wallace would put up 22/13 on Minny? hahahahaha.... i'd like to see that.
and i know its not about stats and its about what a player brings to a team, but along those same lines - wallace is a head case. so that gives me even more reason to keep him off the list.


............and you said if Pau was still on the Grizz he would be number 9....

....If Bosh was on the Griz he would be nine too.

Stop contradicting yourself.:giggity:

LX 09-15-2008 11:30 AM

What has Brand done that warrants him being higher than Bosh? Gasol gets #4 because of what he's done internationally? I don't know - it doesn't seem like there is a solid set of criteria at work here. But whatever. Lists are so Y2K.

INSIDER 09-15-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 55671)
............and you said if Pau was still on the Grizz he would be number 9....

....If Bosh was on the Griz he would be nine too.

Stop contradicting yourself.:giggity:



how am i contradicting myself?
i never mentioned anything about bosh.
i said Pau was too high... and if he were in memphis he'd be lower.

Benzo 09-15-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 55674)
how am i contradicting myself?
i never mentioned anything about bosh.
i said Pau was too high... and if he were in memphis he'd be lower.

but Jefferson can stay because he puts up good numbers on a bad team.

INSIDER 09-15-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 55678)
but Jefferson can stay because he puts up good numbers on a bad team.


since when is 18/9 good numbers from an Allstar PF? those are actually sub par numbers for any given Allstar PF.
yet those are what Pau put up in Memphis.
so even on a shit team he put up less than stellar numbers.

when Pau posts 22 and 13 call me.

Snooch 09-15-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 55690)
since when is 18/9 good numbers from an Allstar PF? those are actually sub par numbers for any given Allstar PF.
yet those are what Pau put up in Memphis.
so even on a shit team he put up less than stellar numbers.

when Pau posts 22 and 13 call me.

When Al Jefferson anchors a 50 win team, call me.

INSIDER 09-15-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoochieBoochie (Post 55691)
When Al Jefferson anchors a 50 win team, call me.

anchors a 50 win team!!!???
hahahahahah Since when did Pau Gasol change his name to kobe Bryant?

he played there for a month.... how is that anchoring anything?
they were already a very good team, and were destined to win 50+.

are you saying that without Pau the lakers wouldnt have won 50+ games last season?
gimme a break.


a million dollars says that if minny offered Jefferson for Gasol straight up, the lakers would do that trade in a nano-second.... and minny would be a laughing stock.

Acie 09-15-2008 12:37 PM

He won 50 games with Memphis, 49 another year.

Superjudge 09-15-2008 12:38 PM

Hoopdome?

Sj has som time off.

INSIDER 09-15-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 (Post 55695)
He won 50 games with Memphis, 49 another year.

fuck you Acie!

Snooch 09-15-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 55694)
anchors a 50 win team!!!???
hahahahahah Since when did Pau Gasol change his name to kobe Bryant?

he played there for a month.... how is that anchoring anything?
they were already a very good team, and were destined to win 50+.

are you saying that without Pau the lakers wouldnt have won 50+ games last season?
gimme a break.


a million dollars says that if minny offered Jefferson for Gasol straight up, the lakers would do that trade in a nano-second.... and minny would be a laughing stock.

2003-2004 Memphis won 50 games, playoffs and sixth seed all with Pau being the main man.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24