Originally Posted by Insidehoops
1. Dwight Howard: Despite his inability to hit even mid-range jumpers, Howard is still considered the best Center in NBA right now. He's a tremendous defender, rebounder and dunker. Hopefully he'll somehow learn how to shoot the ball instead of making endless dunking attempts.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 22.4 ppg, 15.5 rpg, 0.7 apg
2. Yao Ming: As one of the best big men mid-range shooter and FT shooters, Yao's regarded as the best Center in the beginning of last season but his position drops due to injury issue. Yao may never return to his best form but it doesn't prevent him from being the top 3 Center in NBA.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 23.6 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 2.3 apg
3. Andrew Bynum: Bynum was having his break-out year before shutting down by a terrible injury. Bynum is a tougher and better defensive player than Yao and much better mid-range shooter than Howard, which indicates that he has the potential to be the best Center after next season.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 17.5 ppg, 13.9 rpg, 1.0 apg
4. Jermaine O'Neal: O'Neal will be playing Center in Toronto for sure and he's therefore regarded as a Top 5 Center in NBA. O'Neal is quite skillful and can hit shots even near the 3 pts line. However, he's always been considered a loser and his FG% is a little bit humiliating for an inside player.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 18.2 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.1 apg
5. Tyson Chandler: Chandler is one of the most underrated player in current NBA and he can easily post double double in every game. It was him who made Tim Duncan silent in Western Conference Semi-final. Besides, he's been shooting over 62% for two consecutive seasons.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 12.5 ppg, 14.3 rpg, 0.6 apg
6. Chris Kaman: Kaman was considered a Top 5 Center last season but his awful performance in Beijing Olympics turned him down this time. He had a break-out year last season due to the injury of Elton Brand and now let's wait and see how good he'll be when paired with Camby.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 16.8 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 1.9 apg
7. Mehmet Okur: Okur is a severely underrated defender and mid-range shooter. He might be soft as a Center but the duo of Okur/Boozer is the key to the Jazz's success alongside with Deron Williams. Okur might still be able to improve a little bit next season.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 17.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.4 apg
8. Al Horford: Horford has proved that he's a decent Center last season, averaging a double double in the series against Celtics while dominating Perkins at both ends. Horford is much younger than any of the Centers above so his potentials is unpredictable.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 12.7 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 0.5 apg
9. Shaquille O'Neal: Even at age 37 Shaq is still the one that needs double team. Even though the Suns did a stupid trade to get Shaq from Miami, he did limited Duncan and the Suns were given a chance to challenge the Spurs. Nonetheless, the Spurs were simply unable to be beaten in the first round.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 11.9 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 1.4 apg
10. Andrew Bogut: One of the most overrated NBA players in current League. Bogut has a bigger mouth than anyone else but he's never been able to prove that he can somehow dominate the basket. Still, Bogut is able to make the top 10 list due to the severe scarcity of talented big men.
Predicted Stats For Next Season: 15.0 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 2.6 apg
Other Candidates: Eddie Curry, Brad Miller, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Andris Biedrins and Samuel Delembert.