Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   if you could, which would you pick (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/if-you-could-would-you-pick-19526.html)

pzabby 02-27-2011 04:13 PM

if you could, which would you pick
 
lets say a draft came up in which raptors recieved first pick and there were clones of both chris paul and howard on the board. you would know that these clones' careers would turn out exactly like paul and howard. who would you pick and why? i would pick paul because pure point guards should be the anchor of a team and it is much easier to build around an elite pg than an elite centre.

js12 02-27-2011 04:19 PM

Interesting question.

I'd give Chris Paul the nod. He's an elite point guard that raises the level of everyone around him. He can take over games on both ends of the floor, and we need a player that can do that.

Gurk 02-27-2011 04:20 PM

At this point we need a young dynamic PG so I would take Paul

KollegeKid 02-27-2011 04:25 PM

i would take bargs :eekout:

Chiggmo 02-27-2011 04:34 PM

Howard and pair em with bargs, D is covered and so is rebounding, therefor bargs can go stand deep and drain his shots (if he can hit em) and we draft or sign a playmaking PG and let em go.

MARTYNAS 02-27-2011 04:44 PM

Course Howard :D
Do you saw Howard and Paul this year? Howard improved his offense while Paul looks lost after that injury. 2 years back, Hornets was top team in the west, now they just fighting for play-offs spot. And Paul averaging only 16 point's per game now.
I know it's C and PG, but come on, different levels, Howard all the way.

eazy187 02-27-2011 04:46 PM

Dwight Howard.

A center as dominant, and athletic, as Howard is something I wouldn't pass on.

Bankiz 02-27-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazy187 (Post 514378)
Dwight Howard.

A center as dominant, and athletic, as Howard is something I wouldn't pass on.

+1

true center as dominant as him are more rare than true pg.

so i choice D12

Deez 02-27-2011 04:55 PM

Which one would you say other stars clamour to play with more though? That means something also to a franchise.

Barracuda 02-27-2011 05:02 PM

Howard only because I'd like to say we have a Samsquamtch on the Raps.

Snooch 02-27-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 514384)
Howard only because I'd like to say we have a Samsquamtch on the Raps.

http://static.funnyjunk.com/CommentP..._43ab_2eba.jpg

pzabby 02-27-2011 05:25 PM

new question: (didnt want to start another thread)

whos better? shaq in his prime or howard? i say shaq. the man was unstoppable in the low post. and on d, well, he did weigh 320 pounds with below 10 percent body fat. jeeeez, thats one scary man

Gurk 02-27-2011 05:38 PM

Shaq in his prime for sure. Howard isn't anywhere close to the offensive abilities Shaq had in his prime

eazy187 02-27-2011 06:54 PM

Shaq. It's not even close.

He was literally a monster in his prime.

MARTYNAS 02-27-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 514397)
new question: (didnt want to start another thread)

whos better? shaq in his prime or howard? i say shaq. the man was unstoppable in the low post. and on d, well, he did weigh 320 pounds with below 10 percent body fat. jeeeez, thats one scary man

stupid question. No offense ;)

pzabby 02-27-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYNAS (Post 514471)
stupid question. No offense ;)

some taken ;)

box92 02-27-2011 07:45 PM

james jones, reason? cuz he has a black belt

surreyjack 02-27-2011 07:55 PM

kyrie irving is said to be a chris paul clone

Nites 02-27-2011 08:04 PM

Our defense is so shitty. We need a last line of defense and Howard fits that role. He would alter almost every shot taken in the paint. Him and Caldy would be connecting like crazy on alley-oop plays. If some athletic point guard blows by Caldy you still have Howard as a last line of defense. Also, Bargs wouldn't have to do shit inside the paint, he could just camp at the 3 point line all day.

Nites 02-27-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 514397)
new question: (didnt want to start another thread)

whos better? shaq in his prime or howard? i say shaq. the man was unstoppable in the low post. and on d, well, he did weigh 320 pounds with below 10 percent body fat. jeeeez, thats one scary man

Shaq is waaay better. Shaq commanded triple teams!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24