If we were to trade Bargnani, what would be a realistic trade scenario? - Page 11
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #201 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,387
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
We're not getting any of them for Bargnani. The only way we get Deng is if we send a large package that includes Calderon's expiring and take Boozer's monstrosity of a contract.
I think they are all possible but It would have to be a 3 or 4 team deal (in my opinion). I don't think the teams that have what the Raptors need(a SF) want Bargnani,but a third party could complete a deal. Avoid Boozer at all costs.

The only one is Utah for Millsap where Colangelo may be able to orchestrate a direct deal between the teams involving Millsap and Bargani,but for Deng(especially) and Gallinari they'd have to definitely involve another team.

The Raps have a 0% chance at getting Gay,I'm done making proposals involving him.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #202 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
I think they are all possible but It would have to be a 3 or 4 team deal (in my opinion). I don't think the teams that have what the Raptors need(a SF) want Bargnani,but a third party could complete a deal. Avoid Boozer at all costs.

The only one is Utah for Millsap where Colangelo may be able to orchestrate a direct deal between the teams involving Millsap and Bargani,but for Deng(especially) and Gallinari they'd have to definitely involve another team.

The Raps have a 0% chance at getting Gay,I'm done making proposals involving him.
You're not likely to get a 3 team deal done this early in the season. Maybe in the new year.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #203 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,387
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You're not likely to get a 3 team deal done this early in the season. Maybe in the new year.
True,it would have to be teams as equally desperate for a change as the Raptors.

I know there's lots of pressure on BC but realistically his hands are tied and he's in a very tough spot that most GM's would have difficulty getting out of.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #204 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

I would think about Stoudemire and Shumpert for Bargnani, Fields, and Kleiza. Major problem with the trade for us is Stoudemire's health. I wouldn't want to let go of Shumpert if I were NY.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:23 AM   #205 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,589
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

devin harris and josh smith, all your fault jeff
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #206 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
I would think about Stoudemire and Shumpert for Bargnani, Fields, and Kleiza. Major problem with the trade for us is Stoudemire's health. I wouldn't want to let go of Shumpert if I were NY.
I wouldnt touch amare with a 10 foot pole, he's pretty much Bargnani without the threes, more boards, but very injury prone and expensive
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #207 (permalink)
old and shot.

Member
 
Led Boots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St.Catharines ON.
Posts: 140
Representing:
Default

Bargs>David Lee
Led Boots is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #208 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,952
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'm just going to assume that you've never seen Pau play..... : |
Given Pau's play style and where he is in his career he'd provide less for this team. Pau plays in the post, mid to high usually. With demar's new post grad it's not difficult seeing demars game fall off a cliff given his shooting stroke. Pau isn't dominant enough anymore to excuse losing your best scorer and negating your second beat scorer and still come out better. Sorry not happening
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #209 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,589
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

David Lee> Bargs
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:22 AM   #210 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
Given Pau's play style and where he is in his career he'd provide less for this team. Pau plays in the post, mid to high usually. With demar's new post grad it's not difficult seeing demars game fall off a cliff given his shooting stroke. Pau isn't dominant enough anymore to excuse losing your best scorer and negating your second beat scorer and still come out better. Sorry not happening
Wha??

You're reaching... BIG time.

Pau just doesn't fit in with the Lakers because they have D12 down low taking up his space. The Lakers operate better with a "stretch 4"... a guy who can shoot it from deep... and that's why Jamison is lighting it up there now. Doesn't mean that Pau is suddenly shyt... that's just crazy talk.

Pau is still one of the best passing big men in the game. I think that Demar would actually FLOURISH playing off of him... and the P & Rs that could be run with Pau & Lowry? Not to mention Pau mentoring JV?

Makes WAY too much sense not to do it.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #211 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,097
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
Given Pau's play style and where he is in his career he'd provide less for this team. Pau plays in the post, mid to high usually. With demar's new post grad it's not difficult seeing demars game fall off a cliff given his shooting stroke. Pau isn't dominant enough anymore to excuse losing your best scorer and negating your second beat scorer and still come out better. Sorry not happening
You realize Kobe likes to play in the post a bit too, right? Demar modelled some of his moves off of Kobe. Correct me if I am wrong, but Kobe managed to get to the NBA finals 3 times with Pau on the floor, no?

Yeah, you can stop now.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #212 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

If the Lakers didn't have Jamison, a Bargnani for Gasol trade would get done sooner rather than later. Jamison's playing pretty well in that stretch 4 role in the past few games. Bargnani's obviously an upgrade over Jamison. It's all going to come down to how Pau and Jamison perform when Nash returns. With Dwight there, I really don't see Pau fitting in LA. I want Jamison to struggle a bit, so they get desperate. If Dwight remains healthy, I'm fairly confident Gasol's going to be traded.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:33 AM   #213 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,589
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
If the Lakers didn't have Jamison, a Bargnani for Gasol trade would get done sooner rather than later. Jamison's playing pretty well in that stretch 4 role in the past few games. Bargnani's obviously an upgrade over Jamison. It's all going to come down to how Pau and Jamison perform when Nash returns. With Dwight there, I really don't see Pau fitting in LA. I want Jamison to struggle a bit, so they get desperate. If Dwight remains healthy, I'm fairly confident Gasol's going to be traded.
jamison is a legit scorer, good point.
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #214 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

We can't underestimate Calderon's value in a trade for Gasol. I would love to have him over Blake or Duhon for sure. With Nash's age and health, Calderon is not only good insurance but can also contribute some solid back-up minutes. He's 44-49-95.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:42 AM   #215 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 228
Representing:
Default

i like the gasol trade, but i think colango is too selfish to let Bargs go to see him do better on another team.

we stuck with Bargs
hoodz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #216 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
If the Lakers didn't have Jamison, a Bargnani for Gasol trade would get done sooner rather than later. Jamison's playing pretty well in that stretch 4 role in the past few games. Bargnani's obviously an upgrade over Jamison. It's all going to come down to how Pau and Jamison perform when Nash returns. With Dwight there, I really don't see Pau fitting in LA. I want Jamison to struggle a bit, so they get desperate. If Dwight remains healthy, I'm fairly confident Gasol's going to be traded.
Jamison just went 33points-12reb-2assists-1block-1steal.... D'antoni is going to be good to him.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #217 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Jamison just went 33points-12reb-2assists-1block-1steal.... D'antoni is going to be good to him.
yeah seen it, he had a big game. He's been averaging like 17 ppg last 4 games. Dantoni has been going to him down the stretch some nights over Pau. If he continues to play like that, they're not going to be too tempted to trade for Bargs and might be better off to keep Gasol in the event Howard gets injured. If Jamison's out thats another story. It's all going to come down to how both of them are performing when Nash returns. If something gets done at all, it's going to be closer to the deadline.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #218 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
yeah seen it, he had a big game. He's been averaging like 17 ppg last 4 games. Dantoni has been going to him down the stretch some nights over Pau. If he continues to play like that, they're not going to be too tempted to trade for Bargs and might be better off to keep Gasol in the event Howard gets injured. If Jamison's out thats another story. It's all going to come down to how both of them are performing when Nash returns. If something gets done at all, it's going to be closer to the deadline.
agreed...besides, I don't see AB getting dealt... I bet we're more likely to see Kleiza and Ed. Jose might be kept going forward, re-signed with the high level of play he's showing and Amir is a great fit with him. We'll be chasing a SF, Gasol doesn't make sense to me.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #219 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
yeah seen it, he had a big game. He's been averaging like 17 ppg last 4 games. Dantoni has been going to him down the stretch some nights over Pau. If he continues to play like that, they're not going to be too tempted to trade for Bargs and might be better off to keep Gasol in the event Howard gets injured. If Jamison's out thats another story. It's all going to come down to how both of them are performing when Nash returns. If something gets done at all, it's going to be closer to the deadline.
TBH I still think that it would make sense for them to deal Pau and take Bargs....

Why wouldn't they want a guy who's years younger and a better fit for their squad? He could back up D12 and Jamison and play 20-30 min/night easily off the bench.

Pau's making WAY too much money just to keep as an "insurance policy". Not to mention I can't imagine how pissed he'd get once he realizes that that's what his role has become.

I do agree though that L.A. is probably going to wait until the deadline to do anything (unless they get an insanely good offer).
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #220 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
TBH I still think that it would make sense for them to deal Pau and take Bargs....

Why wouldn't they want a guy who's years younger and a better fit for their squad? He could back up D12 and Jamison and play 20-30 min/night easily off the bench.

Pau's making WAY too much money just to keep as an "insurance policy". Not to mention I can't imagine how pissed he'd get once he realizes that that's what his role has become.

I do agree though that L.A. is probably going to wait until the deadline to do anything (unless they get an insanely good offer).
Agreed, though I still don't see why we take Pau and all that coin.... let alone with junk like Blake or Duhon.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24