If Only!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,752
Representing:
Default If Only!

Does anyone think that we might have had a chance at Dwight Howard if DeMar stepped up a notch to all-star talent?

Like if DeMar had a stat line of:

23-24ppg 5rpg 3apg & fg%.476

& everything was playing out as it is now...

We could possibly trade
AB & who ever else + our pick for Howard

That is believing that if DeMar was putting up great numbers Dwight would consider signing here...

Would DeRozan have have to have even better numbers than I listed?

Just a thought.
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,473
Representing:
Default

That's a lot to give up for a guy who can't create his own shot...
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,752
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
That's a lot to give up for a guy who can't create his own shot...
Hmm so you think AB is better than Dwight?
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,473
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
Hmm so you think AB is better than Dwight?
Well no, but I'd rather keep Andrea, DeMar, and our high draft pick than have one year of Dwight just to watch him leave town.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,084
Representing:
Default

DK, have you not seen Dwight play lately? Didn't he just light us up? He's turned the corner in a big way. D12 is coming into his own and his skills are catching up to his athleticism.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,491
Representing:
Default

Too bad DD didn't have that stat line.... we could have dealt ED, DD, Bayless, Amir and our first for him and have the best frontcourt in the league next year. If only...
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,473
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
DK, have you not seen Dwight play lately? Didn't he just light us up? He's turned the corner in a big way. D12 is coming into his own and his skills are catching up to his athleticism.
Honestly, I missed the game.

Maybe Dwight has developed some sort of consistent post-game other than just turning around and dunking it. However, that still doesn't justify selling the farm for the dude. Is he the best center in the league? No doubt. Is he worth giving away our top assets and hoping he decides to stick around? Probably not.

If he doesn't like it in Orlando, why would he like it in Toronto?
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 222
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
Does anyone think that we might have had a chance at Dwight Howard if DeMar stepped up a notch to all-star talent?

Like if DeMar had a stat line of:

23-24ppg 5rpg 3apg & fg%.476

& everything was playing out as it is now...

We could possibly trade
AB & who ever else + our pick for Howard

That is believing that if DeMar was putting up great numbers Dwight would consider signing here...

Would DeRozan have have to have even better numbers than I listed?

Just a thought.
Every bad team needs someone to score and thats what Demar does. On a good team I doubt he plays nearly as good. He's never going to be able to lead a team.
kishan13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,752
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Honestly, I missed the game.

Maybe Dwight has developed some sort of consistent post-game other than just turning around and dunking it. However, that still doesn't justify selling the farm for the dude. Is he the best center in the league? No doubt. Is he worth giving away our top assets and hoping he decides to stick around? Probably not.

If he doesn't like it in Orlando, why would he like it in Toronto?
Don't u get it? He wants to play with another super star player!
What I'm saying is if DeMar was playing out of his mind we could have had a seriouse chance of getting Dwight & resigning him. I don't think he cares what city it really is. It's who is playing there & if he thinks he will be happy playing with them.
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,312
Representing:
Default

i don't think he would be staying here even if he goes for one more year here.

but to be fair :
d12 + nelson +Jrich
for
caldy+barg+barbosa+JV+1st 2013

it's a lot to give up for this. (espn machine - replace ed by JV)
even if in the summer 2013 we will have 25M in capspace.

but i would do it, not in a heartbeat, but still theat would have some consideration.

nelson/bayless
DD/Jrich
JJ/kleiza
Amir/ED
D12/gray/magz

casey would have the first frontcourt defense in block shot and the less point in paint. that will open the penetration for bayless, DD and JJ.

but how about a dream !!! LOL !

Last edited by Bankiz; 03-06-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,473
Representing:
Default

This is the kind of trade we'd have to make to get Dwight.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Plus our first rounder.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
chillin like a gremlin

Senior Member
 
bigmandinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 749
Representing:
Default

What's the point? We won't have enough talent left to be a contender. However, if we could work out a trade that involved not giving up Bargnani, then that would be one hell of a frontcourt...
bigmandinky is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,197
Representing:
Default

This should be named the PIPE DREAM thread.

If only Jessica Alba would sit on my face...
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,312
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
This should be named the PIPE DREAM thread.

If only Jessica Alba would sit on my face...
LOL * infinity !!!
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,442
Representing:
Default

This is the worst idea I've seen here in ages.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
is full of beans

Senior Member
 
Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 3,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
Don't u get it? He wants to play with another super star player!
What I'm saying is if DeMar was playing out of his mind we could have had a seriouse chance of getting Dwight & resigning him. I don't think he cares what city it really is. It's who is playing there & if he thinks he will be happy playing with them.
I remember Bill Simmons yacking about how the fact that Chicago wasn't on Dwight's preferred trade teams (Nets, Lakers and Mavericks) proves that Dwight isn't really only interested in winning.

Last edited by Beans; 03-06-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: only interested
Beans is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

jesus christ man, Howrd is like top three in the league of coveted players. Dark Knights ESPN trade thing was accurate. Toronto wouldnt have any chance whatsoever to land that guy in a trade. Never.

Signing him as a FA is different. But lets be honest...think he'd be able to even pretend to think about it without laughing???
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,895
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
That's a lot to give up for a guy who can't create his own shot...
Shot? He dosn't have a shot. Just a lob from under the net.
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,752
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
I remember Bill Simmons yacking about how the fact that Chicago wasn't on Dwight's preferred trade teams (Nets, Lakers and Mavericks) proves that Dwight isn't really only interested in winning.
I think he is, I just don't think he gets along with Rose thus the reason why I said "happy playing with"

Last edited by halphbreedballer; 03-06-2012 at 10:19 PM.
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars
 
AR1815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 888
Representing:
Default

I hate Dwight's personality - specifically, his whole Superman BS and the trade drama this year. But he is a hell of a player, and he impressed me in the recent outing against the Raps. Granted, it was a small sample size against shoddy competition, but it seems like he's finally developing a hook shot and an ability to make a shot within 8 feet of the basket.

His FT is awful though. I was watching the Bucks play the Magic in the 3rd quarter of a recent game, and with about 16 minutes left in the game, Milwaukee decided to start fouling intentionally. I don't know what's worse - the coach's total lack of faith in his defense, or the fact that Dwight is such a poor shooter that it could have worked to the Bucks advantage (it didn't).
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24