Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   If Only! (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/if-only-22390.html)

halphbreedballer 03-06-2012 07:28 PM

If Only!
 
Does anyone think that we might have had a chance at Dwight Howard if DeMar stepped up a notch to all-star talent?

Like if DeMar had a stat line of:

23-24ppg 5rpg 3apg & fg%.476

& everything was playing out as it is now...

We could possibly trade
AB & who ever else + our pick for Howard

That is believing that if DeMar was putting up great numbers Dwight would consider signing here...

Would DeRozan have have to have even better numbers than I listed?

Just a thought.

Dark Knight 03-06-2012 07:29 PM

That's a lot to give up for a guy who can't create his own shot...

halphbreedballer 03-06-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 623241)
That's a lot to give up for a guy who can't create his own shot...

Hmm so you think AB is better than Dwight?

Dark Knight 03-06-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halphbreedballer (Post 623246)
Hmm so you think AB is better than Dwight?

Well no, but I'd rather keep Andrea, DeMar, and our high draft pick than have one year of Dwight just to watch him leave town. :cookie:

bjjs 03-06-2012 07:38 PM

DK, have you not seen Dwight play lately? Didn't he just light us up? He's turned the corner in a big way. D12 is coming into his own and his skills are catching up to his athleticism.

carp 03-06-2012 07:43 PM

Too bad DD didn't have that stat line.... we could have dealt ED, DD, Bayless, Amir and our first for him and have the best frontcourt in the league next year. If only...

Dark Knight 03-06-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 623248)
DK, have you not seen Dwight play lately? Didn't he just light us up? He's turned the corner in a big way. D12 is coming into his own and his skills are catching up to his athleticism.

Honestly, I missed the game. :p

Maybe Dwight has developed some sort of consistent post-game other than just turning around and dunking it. However, that still doesn't justify selling the farm for the dude. Is he the best center in the league? No doubt. Is he worth giving away our top assets and hoping he decides to stick around? Probably not.

If he doesn't like it in Orlando, why would he like it in Toronto?

kishan13 03-06-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halphbreedballer (Post 623240)
Does anyone think that we might have had a chance at Dwight Howard if DeMar stepped up a notch to all-star talent?

Like if DeMar had a stat line of:

23-24ppg 5rpg 3apg & fg%.476

& everything was playing out as it is now...

We could possibly trade
AB & who ever else + our pick for Howard

That is believing that if DeMar was putting up great numbers Dwight would consider signing here...

Would DeRozan have have to have even better numbers than I listed?

Just a thought.

Every bad team needs someone to score and thats what Demar does. On a good team I doubt he plays nearly as good. He's never going to be able to lead a team.

halphbreedballer 03-06-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 623253)
Honestly, I missed the game. :p

Maybe Dwight has developed some sort of consistent post-game other than just turning around and dunking it. However, that still doesn't justify selling the farm for the dude. Is he the best center in the league? No doubt. Is he worth giving away our top assets and hoping he decides to stick around? Probably not.

If he doesn't like it in Orlando, why would he like it in Toronto?

Don't u get it? He wants to play with another super star player!
What I'm saying is if DeMar was playing out of his mind we could have had a seriouse chance of getting Dwight & resigning him. I don't think he cares what city it really is. It's who is playing there & if he thinks he will be happy playing with them.

Bankiz 03-06-2012 07:52 PM

i don't think he would be staying here even if he goes for one more year here.

but to be fair :
d12 + nelson +Jrich
for
caldy+barg+barbosa+JV+1st 2013

it's a lot to give up for this. (espn machine - replace ed by JV)
even if in the summer 2013 we will have 25M in capspace.

but i would do it, not in a heartbeat, but still theat would have some consideration.

nelson/bayless
DD/Jrich
JJ/kleiza
Amir/ED
D12/gray/magz

casey would have the first frontcourt defense in block shot and the less point in paint. that will open the penetration for bayless, DD and JJ.

but how about a dream !!! LOL !

Dark Knight 03-06-2012 07:55 PM

This is the kind of trade we'd have to make to get Dwight.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Plus our first rounder. :reporter:

bigmandinky 03-06-2012 07:59 PM

What's the point? We won't have enough talent left to be a contender. However, if we could work out a trade that involved not giving up Bargnani, then that would be one hell of a frontcourt...

jeffb 03-06-2012 08:00 PM

This should be named the PIPE DREAM thread.

If only Jessica Alba would sit on my face...

Bankiz 03-06-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 623265)
This should be named the PIPE DREAM thread.

If only Jessica Alba would sit on my face...

LOL * infinity !!!

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 03-06-2012 08:15 PM

This is the worst idea I've seen here in ages.

Beans 03-06-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halphbreedballer (Post 623259)
Don't u get it? He wants to play with another super star player!
What I'm saying is if DeMar was playing out of his mind we could have had a seriouse chance of getting Dwight & resigning him. I don't think he cares what city it really is. It's who is playing there & if he thinks he will be happy playing with them.

I remember Bill Simmons yacking about how the fact that Chicago wasn't on Dwight's preferred trade teams (Nets, Lakers and Mavericks) proves that Dwight isn't really only interested in winning.

Superjudge 03-06-2012 09:32 PM

jesus christ man, Howrd is like top three in the league of coveted players. Dark Knights ESPN trade thing was accurate. Toronto wouldnt have any chance whatsoever to land that guy in a trade. Never.

Signing him as a FA is different. But lets be honest...think he'd be able to even pretend to think about it without laughing???

m5racer 03-06-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 623241)
That's a lot to give up for a guy who can't create his own shot...

Shot? He dosn't have a shot. Just a lob from under the net.

halphbreedballer 03-06-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beans (Post 623272)
I remember Bill Simmons yacking about how the fact that Chicago wasn't on Dwight's preferred trade teams (Nets, Lakers and Mavericks) proves that Dwight isn't really only interested in winning.

I think he is, I just don't think he gets along with Rose thus the reason why I said "happy playing with"

AR1815 03-07-2012 01:22 AM

I hate Dwight's personality - specifically, his whole Superman BS and the trade drama this year. But he is a hell of a player, and he impressed me in the recent outing against the Raps. Granted, it was a small sample size against shoddy competition, but it seems like he's finally developing a hook shot and an ability to make a shot within 8 feet of the basket.

His FT is awful though. I was watching the Bucks play the Magic in the 3rd quarter of a recent game, and with about 16 minutes left in the game, Milwaukee decided to start fouling intentionally. :dead: I don't know what's worse - the coach's total lack of faith in his defense, or the fact that Dwight is such a poor shooter that it could have worked to the Bucks advantage (it didn't).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24