If Only! - Page 3
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #41 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,741
Representing:
Default

If only we could get super lucky and daft Anthony Davis, our front court would be unstoppable for years to come. I bet that JV+AD would dominate the boards and blocked shots.
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #42 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,055
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
If only we could get super lucky and daft Anthony Davis, our front court would be unstoppable for years to come. I bet that JV+AD would dominate the boards and blocked shots.
and Bargs suddenly poofs into thin air?
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
and Bargs suddenly poofs into thin air?
I don't see a big problem Starting one of the of the bench (guessing Davis he's very young anyway) And after year or two we trade Bargs
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,055
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
I don't see a big problem Starting one of the of the bench (guessing Davis he's very young anyway) And after year or two we trade Bargs
you'd keep the unibrow over an Italian stud? sure, they're both talented, that means the choice comes down to looks which means...

pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
you'd keep the unibrow over an Italian stud? sure, they're both talented, that means the choice comes down to looks which means...

Well Davis is much younger and he will probably end up being better than Bargs.
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #46 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,055
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Well Davis is much younger and he will probably end up being better than Bargs.
and why's this? You hardly know that, in any way.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #47 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,372
Representing:
Default

I say keep all 3 of them if its possible
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #48 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Well Davis is much younger and he will probably end up being better than Bargs.
There's a higher probablility that he won't.... and Anthony Davis may not either.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #49 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Lets Bargs play the three even if he does get beat you have two really tall and athletic kids waiting, AND he's fast enough to recover....
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #50 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
There's a higher probablility that he won't.... and Anthony Davis may not either.

I am talking about Anthony Davis
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #51 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Lets Bargs play the three even if he does get beat you have two really tall and athletic kids waiting, AND he's fast enough to recover....
Don't you think it would be better to play AD 3?
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #52 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
I am talking about Anthony Davis
Oh, my bad... though it's hard to say until we see him versus NBA players.....
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #53 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Oh, my bad... though it's hard to say until we see him versus NBA players.....
That's why we should keep Bargs for couple seasons, and see if JV and AD are really that good. And if they are we trade Bargs while he is still fairly young and has high value.
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #54 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
That's why we should keep Bargs for couple seasons, and see if JV and AD are really that good. And if they are we trade Bargs while he is still fairly young and has high value.
It's a pipedream for AD..... and JV and AB are going to be so good together already.... trade the pick now for a young stud, add him to JV next year and this lineup gets pretty good very quickly

Also, those advocating getting another pick this year need to be mindful that too much youth can be a bad thing and this team is already one of the youngest.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #55 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
It's a pipedream for AD..... and JV and AB are going to be so good together already.... trade the pick now for a young stud, add him to JV next year and this lineup gets pretty good very quickly

Also, those advocating getting another pick this year need to be mindful that too much youth can be a bad thing and this team is already one of the youngest.
Who’s the Oldest Team in the NBA 2011-12 Edition

We are the 11th oldest team in the league based on a pure average, and 13th oldest if you take minutes played into account.

Just saying. :cookie:
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #56 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

lose magloire and Carter and i'm sure we're nowhere close to 13th. drop barbosa and maybe calderon, and we're probably within the 10 youngest teams.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #57 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
lose magloire and Carter and i'm sure we're nowhere close to 13th. drop barbosa and maybe calderon, and we're probably within the 10 youngest teams.
Magloire and Carter have very little impact on the minutes-averaged value. Calderon and Barbosa definitely have a big impact.

Of course, remove the four oldest players from other teams and maybe we don't gain so much...
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #58 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Magloire and Carter have very little impact on the minutes-averaged value. Calderon and Barbosa definitely have a big impact.

Of course, remove the four oldest players from other teams and maybe we don't gain so much...
it's not just about removing the 4 oldest, it's about removing 3 guys that probably won't be on the team next year (2 of whom hardly play at all), and a 4th that many speculate could be gone.

i suppose my comment was to say that our core is young, and the guys that get most of the minutes (calderon aside) are very young.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #59 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
it's not just about removing the 4 oldest, it's about removing 3 guys that probably won't be on the team next year (2 of whom hardly play at all), and a 4th that many speculate could be gone.

i suppose my comment was to say that our core is young, and the guys that get most of the minutes (calderon aside) are very young.
Well, my comment is that the statistic I quoted above (minutes-weighted average age) don't bear that out. Even taking minutes played into account, the Raps are still in the top half of the league in age. And although I agree that Jose and Barbosa drive some of that, I also think that any team with young players has a couple vets playing big minutes as well, so ignoring those players might not gain us the ground you assume it will.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #60 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

sure man, whatever.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24