If the Magic offered Vince for Peja, would you do it?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Banned
 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 19,089
Representing:
If the Magic offered Vince for Peja, would you do it?

The Magic hang their hat on their 3 point shooting and with Reddick shooting poorly, Lewis struggling and Carter being a non-factor, if you were BC and Smith called and offered Vince for Peja, would you do it?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

I have hated Carter forever, if he apologized to the Raptor fans. Came back to end his career here, I would support it.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

hell no. we're trying to build a hard working character team. he's poison.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

Last year I might have said yes... but with this team I really dont' think he'd do anything but stunt the growth of the youngens so I say no.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,415
Representing:
Default

I really don't see how he would bring any value, short- or long-term.

Pass.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Banned
 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 19,089
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
I really don't see how he would bring any value, short- or long-term.

Pass.
If I'm on the board of MLSE, I'd be thinking he'd inject some interest in a team that's drawing poorly.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,591
Representing:
Default

bring the prodigal son back
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I have hated Carter forever, if he apologized to the Raptor fans. Came back to end his career here, I would support it.
totally.

If he would man up, be upfront and correct his mistakes it would make a hell of a story and i would certainly back it as well.

On a purely basketball related level, Peja is pretty useless here.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
a starter

Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 107
Representing:
Default

Nope, other than a feel good prodigal son type story going on, there's no benefit for us.

We can get much more for Peja.
StartingBench is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Crpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: RaptorLand
Posts: 545
Representing:
Default

VC brings me here, he has made me a supporter of this team. When I was 12 year old, I've seen this guy and he has made me loving basketball.
I doubt that it's a good move for each part. As a Raptors fan, I want the team to built around the present young unit, I think that there are better deals for the Raps (Lets deal Peja to Sacramento for a Big like Dalembert or Thompson). As a Vince fan, I want him to win a championship and end up well his career.
Crpe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,093
Representing:
Default

Even if he does a mea culpa, I have no confidence that he will be a positive asset to this team. I would not want him back here.
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crpe View Post
VC brings me here, he has made me a supporter of this team. When I was 12 year old, I've seen this guy and he has made me loving basketball.
I doubt that it's a good move for each part. As a Raptors fan, I want the team to built around the present young unit, I think that there are better deals for the Raps (Lets deal Peja to Sacramento for a Big like Dalembert or Thompson). As a Vince fan, I want him to win a championship and end up well his career.
I agree.... let Peja go back to Sactown, and let Dalembert come home. He is Canadian right?

I don't see how this would help Orlando.... they wouldn't have anywhere to play Peja. Maybe he could get some time at SF, but realistically Vince is playing too much of a role to swap with Peja who would be more of a situational player for them....

I'm all for Toronto fans putting away their unneccessary hatred of Vince, welcoming him back... but it's not happening. If only we could relive that dunk competition in 2000 ever allstar weekend. Now we're only left with gimmick dunk festivals like Nate Robinson brings. Ugggh.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

NO! Putting aside that it's Vince Carter, he's now old and isn't what this team needs and if it's about his large expiring, I'd rather let Peja's contract run out.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
If I'm on the board of MLSE, I'd be thinking he'd inject some interest in a team that's drawing poorly.
You'd be wrong, IMO. And if you were right, it would be very short-lived.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Banned
 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 19,089
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I agree.... let Peja go back to Sactown, and let Dalembert come home. He is Canadian right?

I don't see how this would help Orlando.... they wouldn't have anywhere to play Peja. Maybe he could get some time at SF, but realistically Vince is playing too much of a role to swap with Peja who would be more of a situational player for them....

I'm all for Toronto fans putting away their unneccessary hatred of Vince, welcoming him back... but it's not happening. If only we could relive that dunk competition in 2000 ever allstar weekend. Now we're only left with gimmick dunk festivals like Nate Robinson brings. Ugggh.
Pietrus, Redick or Richardson are just as capable of starting at the 2 at this point. Peja at SF or at PF like they use Lewis would work.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Peja's expring contract is an asset. Try to get a young player with potential similiar to the Bayless trade. No more veterans who are pass their prime (JO & Hedo).
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

 
Raptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,334
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman
Default

Remind me again...we got Peja AND Bayless for Jack?
Raptorman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Pietrus, Redick or Richardson are just as capable of starting at the 2 at this point. Peja at SF or at PF like they use Lewis would work.
fair enough.... I guess having Howard would allow for greater flexibility too in regards to defence.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
Remind me again...we got Peja AND Bayless for Jack?
NO... we got those guys for Banks... Jack and Anderson were filler.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,952
Representing:
Default

seriously, why would you do this ?
he's old and washed up by NBA standards and imho brings nothing to the table anymore for the Raps
use the expirings from Peja and Reggie to get younger and better 2-3 years down the road
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24