I am sick & tired of Bryan
Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default I am sick & tired of Bryan

At some point a GM job has to be results oriented. The guy has set this team with no direction and a bunch of untalented mediocre players. Not to mention we lost our only star player with 0 on the dollar.

It'll be the 4th or 5th straight year we have missed the playoffs. When are people going to stop looking at the minuscule trades he's done and start looking at the big picture. This team is not making the playoffs any time soon. Even if they get lucky enough it'll be fodder for other teams.

His results have been catastrophic for a long time now. We need to get rid of his foul odour and anything associated with it as it breeds losing.

We desprately need some fresh faces in management and a fresh new perspective.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 998
Representing:
Default

agree 100% but lol don't worry his contract is up after this year, I don't see a single valid reason why MLSE will resign him to an extension, if they do I don't see the point in being a raps fan anymore.
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

I hope he isn't extended. Trades our pick for Lowry and now wants to trade him, wtf. We also need a coach who can hold players accountable, not give out free passes.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
not Drake, that's for sure

Kleiza's agent
 
Zalgiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,126
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I hope he isn't extended. Trades our pick for Lowry and now wants to trade him, wtf. We also need a coach who can hold players accountable, not give out free passes.
He doesn't want to trade Lowry, he didn't say that, someone's "sources" said that.
Zalgiris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,461
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
At some point a GM job has to be results oriented. The guy has set this team with no direction and a bunch of untalented mediocre players. Not to mention we lost our only star player with 0 on the dollar.

It'll be the 4th or 5th straight year we have missed the playoffs. When are people going to stop looking at the minuscule trades he's done and start looking at the big picture. This team is not making the playoffs any time soon. Even if they get lucky enough it'll be fodder for other teams.

His results have been catastrophic for a long time now. We need to get rid of his foul odour and anything associated with it as it breeds losing.

We desprately need some fresh faces in management and a fresh new perspective.
Have to agree. I look at what Ainge did to turn the Celtics around and I think that has to be the standard of excellence. Bryan doesn't even come close.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Scully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 872
Representing:
Default

I think in the first few years BC made real attempts at trying to create a contender (admittedly most became huge failures). In those off seasons he was successful in creating a hype of optimism. I think post Bosh there has been a complete drop off in direction, I lot of this is due to Andrea being absolutely inapt as key stone to these rosters. and because we have no solid core, it seems as though there has been almost "who ever is cheap and plugs in to these positions" approach in who we will end up signing. There seems to be an utter lack of regard towards balance and messing individuals games into a cohesive unit.

Hypothetically as an example if this Gasol trade went through, regardless of what PG we sent in the package, it would result in complete mash up of our current roster rotations and floor spacing and roles.

What we need from BC is to start flagging key stone player(s), to start establishing a team not pulling wing men out of a hat very off season.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
not Drake, that's for sure

Kleiza's agent
 
Zalgiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,126
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
I think in the first few years BC made real attempts at trying to create a contender (admittedly most became huge failures). In those off seasons he was successful in creating a hype of optimism. I think post Bosh there has been a complete drop off in direction, I lot of this is due to Andrea being absolutely inapt as key stone to these rosters. and because we have no solid core, it seems as though there has been almost "who ever is cheap and plugs in to these positions" approach in who we will end up signing. There seems to be an utter lack of regard towards balance and messing individuals games into a cohesive unit.

Hypothetically as an example if this Gasol trade went through, regardless of what PG we sent in the package, it would result in complete mash up of our current roster rotations and floor spacing and roles.

What we need from BC is to start flagging key stone player(s), to start establishing a team not pulling wing men out of a hat very off season.
Who's the guy in your picture? Looks a lot like Lithuanian "pop "star" clown" Minedas




watch/listen to the video
Zalgiris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,332
Representing:
Default

sick song.
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

This thread ..... so lame.

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
taking you to school

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,333
Representing:
Default

I'm all for a front office blowup if it doesn't mean our entire roster get's traded in the process. I like where this team is heading with Ross, Derozan, Davis, Johnson, Val and even Fields. But a new GM and coach wouldn't hurt. Perhaps what I would like most is a young passfirst defending PG (who's preferably Canadian born lol) to guide this team to the title.
ZanTheMan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,517
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalgiris View Post
Who's the guy in your picture? Looks a lot like Lithuanian "pop "star" clown" Minedas



Minedas Mums Nelemta Labirintai - YouTube

watch/listen to the video
Not even as a joke.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 710
Representing:
Default

He's finally doing what everyone wanted and rebuilding from the ground up though the draft and 2-3 years in everyone wants to fire him This is just stupid. I say let him have a chance to finish the rebuilding. I really don't want a GM like Burke (who trades away any draft pick in hopes of becoming a contender over night) as a GM of the Raptors. I like the young players we have, all we really need 1 key player to put it together and the guys who we have right now to get exp and get better.

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; 01-27-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

I will assume, you meant Burke. The guy that rebuilt a failed franchise, through the draft, stockpiled picks, replenished his AHL and Jr. Ranks and basically turned a Titanic franchise around in 4 years without #1 picks.

Ya you don't want a guy like that.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 710
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I will assume, you meant Burke. The guy that rebuilt a failed franchise, through the draft, stockpiled picks, replenished his AHL and Jr. Ranks and basically turned a Titanic franchise around in 4 years without #1 picks.

Ya you don't want a guy like that.
Look what he did with the Leafs. I don't agree with his trades. Then again, I don't watch much hockey. I really don't want a GM who's going to go Balls deep and try to trade away picks for players that may or may not pan out. BC is doing a pretty decent job rebuilding. It'd give him 2 more years to put it together.

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; 01-27-2013 at 01:32 PM.
RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

just saying, your assessment of Burke was really inaccurate.

thats all

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,714
Representing:
Default

Quote:
I'm all for a front office blowup if it doesn't mean our entire roster get's traded in the process. I like where this team is heading with Ross, Derozan, Davis, Johnson, Val and even Fields.
The mediocrity of this franchise has gotten to your head. There's nothing to be excited about with the specific player bolded.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,742
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
I think in the first few years BC made real attempts at trying to create a contender (admittedly most became huge failures). In those off seasons he was successful in creating a hype of optimism. I think post Bosh there has been a complete drop off in direction, I lot of this is due to Andrea being absolutely inapt as key stone to these rosters. and because we have no solid core, it seems as though there has been almost "who ever is cheap and plugs in to these positions" approach in who we will end up signing. There seems to be an utter lack of regard towards balance and messing individuals games into a cohesive unit.

Hypothetically as an example if this Gasol trade went through, regardless of what PG we sent in the package, it would result in complete mash up of our current roster rotations and floor spacing and roles.

What we need from BC is to start flagging key stone player(s), to start establishing a team not pulling wing men out of a hat very off season.

What we need is GTFO.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,742
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsFan4Life View Post
Look what he did with the Leafs. I don't agree with his trades. Then again, I don't watch much hockey. I really don't want a GM who's going to go Balls deep and try to trade away picks for players that may or may not pan out. BC is doing a pretty decent job rebuilding. It'd give him 2 more years to put it together.
Ya, that's enough time for him to bury us for the next 10.

Last edited by niggles; 01-27-2013 at 02:32 PM.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Everything BC does that is positive is usually countered by something negative. Also, he failed to address the SF position. Having sg's play as SFs or having journeymen/minimum contract guys play major minutes who are not a part of the future is not the answer.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Failed to address.

Yes, they completely forgot that in all their meetings.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24