How many buckets? - Page 2
Old 06-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
"She always did enjoy a good squeeze"

Senior Member
 
Revolve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 774
Representing:
Default

As much as I make fun of him I'd be lucky to score 2 points on him.
Revolve is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Raptors suck

Senior Member
 
tdotballing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GTA
Posts: 727
Representing:
Default

I'm 21 and 6'0, and I think I would be able to score a decent amount on him.

No dis-respect to Bargniani but I think having such a height advantage makes him less mobile to someone with some ballhandling skills and i have a really good shot and good range so I know I would hit some from longer.
tdotballing is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

hahahahaaa oh yeah?
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,553
Representing:
Default

its funny that a couple you guys think you'd be able to do some damage against Bargs in a one on one....
you fail to realize that he plays basketball for a living. he is in the gym probably 6-8 hours a day.

how many of you have actually stood beside someone who was 7 feet tall?
reaching to the sky he can practically grab the rim on his tippy toes! do you have any idea how high you'd have to arc your shots to get them over his arms?
and then some of you say you'd blow by him with your 'quickness'? do you realize that his wingspan is longer than a car? how do you expect to blow by something so wide? not to mention the fact that your 3 strides equal 1 stride to him... his size easily squashes your 'quickness'.

he would humiliate anyone on this forum in his sleep.

Last edited by INSIDER; 06-17-2011 at 02:34 PM.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
its funny that a couple you guys think you'd be able to do some damage against Bargs in a one on one....
you fail to realize that he plays basketball for a living. he is in the gym probably 6-8 hours a day.
ummmmm ya........but no
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
its funny that a couple you guys think you'd be able to do some damage against Bargs in a one on one....
you fail to realize that he plays basketball for a living. he is in the gym probably 6-8 hours a day.

how many of you have actually stood beside someone who was 7 feet tall?
reaching to the sky he can practically grab the rim on his tippy toes! do you have any idea how high you'd have to arc your shots to get them over his arms?
and then some of you say you'd blow by him with your 'quickness'? do you realize that his wingspan is longer than a car? how do you expect to blow by something so wide? not to mention the fact that your 3 strides equal 1 stride to him... his size easily squashes your 'quickness'.

he would humiliate anyone on this forum in his sleep.
Truth.
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Raptors suck

Senior Member
 
tdotballing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GTA
Posts: 727
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
hahahahaaa oh yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
its funny that a couple you guys think you'd be able to do some damage against Bargs in a one on one....
you fail to realize that he plays basketball for a living. he is in the gym probably 6-8 hours a day.

how many of you have actually stood beside someone who was 7 feet tall?
reaching to the sky he can practically grab the rim on his tippy toes! do you have any idea how high you'd have to arc your shots to get them over his arms?
and then some of you say you'd blow by him with your 'quickness'? do you realize that his wingspan is longer than a car? how do you expect to blow by something so wide? not to mention the fact that your 3 strides equal 1 stride to him... his size easily squashes your 'quickness'.

he would humiliate anyone on this forum in his sleep.

Just because you guys can not play or are not athletic or whatever does not mean that someone who posts on this forum cannot possibly play or be athletic.

Im not going to start listing everything I can or can't do but to me it would be embarrassing to myself if I could not score a few baskets on him. And it would be a huge waste of a couple of hours everyday.
tdotballing is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Nyall2009
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

The OP sounds like a loud mouth guy on Pros vs Joes... He's a Pro dude, you wouldn't even get to take a dozen shots on him much less score them. Not to mention if it's a game of 1 on 1.. How do you possibly plan on stopping him?



Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotballing View Post
Just because you guys can not play or are not athletic or whatever does not mean that someone who posts on this forum cannot possibly play or be athletic.

Im not going to start listing everything I can or can't do but to me it would be embarrassing to myself if I could not score a few baskets on him. And it would be a huge waste of a couple of hours everyday.
Are you seriously that full of yourself?

Last edited by Nyall2009; 06-17-2011 at 03:01 PM.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Considering I'm damn close to the same height as him, and can actually shoot pretty well. I could score at least 5 maybe more.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
all that and then some

Junior Member
 
Peroti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Borås, Sweden
Posts: 77
Representing:
Default

I played against Jonas Jerebko (Detroit Pistons) when he was like 18... Do you guys even understand how good NBA-players actually are?!?!?!
Peroti is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Raptors suck

Senior Member
 
tdotballing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GTA
Posts: 727
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyall2009 View Post

Are you seriously that full of yourself?

Are you seriously that ignorant?
tdotballing is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

You guys would be lucky to score on Alabi one-on-one.
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
Nyall2009
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotballing View Post
Are you seriously that ignorant?
For not believing that some random guy on the internet could score baskets on a professional athlete... just because he thinks he's athletic..

*sigh* You sound like those typical loud mouth Joes who get their asses handed to them.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

Oh man, some people are way off...
I would say young age, stupid... But man, I am also 20 ha...
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotballing View Post
Are you seriously that ignorant?
My apologies. I played in college, so I know what I can or can't do. I know nothing about you, hell you might be a D1 college player, which, would mean you could in fact do fine against Bargnani.

If you're just a decent baller at the YMCA, then no, athletic or not, you aren't scoring more than the odd lucky one on a guy like Bargnani.

It isn't an insult man, don't take it as one.


I said I could score one basket, if it was losers outs, because it would mean I got at least 21 try's to hit a lucky shot on him. Even then..... maybe.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
My apologies. I played in college, so I know what I can or can't do. I know nothing about you, hell you might be a D1 college player, which, would mean you could in fact do fine against Bargnani.

If you're just a decent baller at the YMCA, then no, athletic or not, you aren't scoring more than the odd lucky one on a guy like Bargnani.

It isn't an insult man, don't take it as one.


I said I could score one basket, if it was losers outs, because it would mean I got at least 21 try's to hit a lucky shot on him. Even then..... maybe.
Na he'd drain em from long distance so you'd never get a chance for 21 shots, you'd get 10 :P
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #37 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

hahahahah likely. I'm my day I could guard a bit better, but I remember Mike Smrek, and Greg Newton both showing me what 7 feet felt like.

It's feels like Lunch!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
full of Raptor blood.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Bush
Posts: 26
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotballing View Post
Just because you guys can not play or are not athletic or whatever does not mean that someone who posts on this forum cannot possibly play or be athletic.

Im not going to start listing everything I can or can't do but to me it would be embarrassing to myself if I could not score a few baskets on him. And it would be a huge waste of a couple of hours everyday.


U tell em boss !
Dromaeos is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #39 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,553
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotballing View Post
Just because you guys can not play or are not athletic or whatever does not mean that someone who posts on this forum cannot possibly play or be athletic.

Im not going to start listing everything I can or can't do but to me it would be embarrassing to myself if I could not score a few baskets on him. And it would be a huge waste of a couple of hours everyday.
theres a reason Bargnani is a professional basketball player, and you are not.
he is good enough to play at the highest level... while you are probably playing at the YMCA.

its not a dis at all... i'm sure you are a good player - at your level.
but you are not at his level, and you are kidding yourself if you think you are.
if you were at his level, you'd be playing college ball at the least.
if you are playing D1 college ball, then i apologize.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
its funny that a couple you guys think you'd be able to do some damage against Bargs in a one on one....
you fail to realize that he plays basketball for a living. he is in the gym probably 6-8 hours a day.

how many of you have actually stood beside someone who was 7 feet tall?
reaching to the sky he can practically grab the rim on his tippy toes! do you have any idea how high you'd have to arc your shots to get them over his arms?
and then some of you say you'd blow by him with your 'quickness'? do you realize that his wingspan is longer than a car? how do you expect to blow by something so wide? not to mention the fact that your 3 strides equal 1 stride to him... his size easily squashes your 'quickness'.

he would humiliate anyone on this forum in his sleep.
This is pretty much dead on. People don't realize how tall 7 footers actually are.. also him being 250 pounds he will squash you like a fly. Anyone who says they'd score alot of buckets on him most likely never stood beside a 7 footer.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24