Hollinger: Raptors Season Pretty Much A Write Off
Old 02-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default Hollinger: Raptors Season Pretty Much A Write Off



Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hollinger
Toronto cemented its status as the league's most disappointing team with a brutal weekend that included lopsided home losses to both Milwaukee and Orlando. I had thought the return of Jose Calderon would get this team back on a playoff trajectory, especially after Calderon's return accompanied a three-game winning streak.

But now we can pretty much write them off. The Raptors are 19-30 and their next two games are against the Cavs and Lakers; it seems pretty much inconceivable that they could rally from 19-32 and get the 20-11 finish that they'd need to nab a playoff berth.

This morning's Playoff Odds give them only a 14.6 percent chance of making the postseason, which means the Raptors have an 85.4 percent chance of missing the playoffs and that would be an enormous disappointment for Toronto. The recent losses probably increase the chance that they'll look to make some drastic moves at the trade deadline.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
dooodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 83
Representing:
Default

I've been saying this since we dropped under .500 with Smitch in control. It's the manner in which our games are played due to the roster where the team lacks heart and passion. How long did it take Anthony Parker to throw down a dunk this season? on the 39th game of the season? How many layup's has Calderon had in total, 10 all season? I'm pretty Roko who's played like 15 games has as much if not more. How many times has Moon contested in traffic or drove to the rim this season with a man infront of him? like once? when Smitch was still around. The man has 1 offensive foul all season, goes to show how much he's taking it for granted this season considering himself as someone who's "made it".

If you have NbaTV and watch all the other teams playing MOST games are competitive until the last few minutes of the fourth quarter. Whereas we'd compete for a half, then give up the rest of the game, due to uncontested 3's and let butter fingers Bosh fumble the ball with the final game deciding shot. I play ball, and if you're wide open and can even slightly shoot the ball, it's got a real high chance of going in.

It's honestly ALOT more exciting to see teams like Memphis, New York, and even jersey play games than the Raptors and I sincerely hope some young talent gets added to this team, particularly one of the "tougher" breed who don't cry from physical contact.
dooodo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

chris bosh
for
derrick rose
larry hughes
two 1st rounders
and cash

I would do that trade in a heartbeat.
buls Hinrich Gordon Deng Bosh Gooden
us Rose Hughes Parker Bargnani C?
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 443
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
chris bosh
for
derrick rose
larry hughes
two 1st rounders
and cash

I would do that trade in a heartbeat.
buls Hinrich Gordon Deng Bosh Gooden
us Rose Hughes Parker Bargnani C?
cmon man.u cant be serious....why would chicago even consider Bosh 4 rose?
Quad Core is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
a Raptors fan

Free DeMar DeRozan

 
zachus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,833
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Core View Post
cmon man.u cant be serious....why would chicago even consider Bosh 4 rose?
They'd essentially be trading a finisher and a LEGITIMATE cornerstone for a butterfingered anti-clutch of a wannabe franchise player.

Guess who's who.
zachus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Humpy's #1 fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 600
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooodo View Post
I've been saying this since we dropped under .500 with Smitch in control. It's the manner in which our games are played due to the roster where the team lacks heart and passion. How long did it take Anthony Parker to throw down a dunk this season? on the 39th game of the season? How many layup's has Calderon had in total, 10 all season? I'm pretty Roko who's played like 15 games has as much if not more. How many times has Moon contested in traffic or drove to the rim this season with a man infront of him? like once? when Smitch was still around. The man has 1 offensive foul all season, goes to show how much he's taking it for granted this season considering himself as someone who's "made it".

If you have NbaTV and watch all the other teams playing MOST games are competitive until the last few minutes of the fourth quarter. Whereas we'd compete for a half, then give up the rest of the game, due to uncontested 3's and let butter fingers Bosh fumble the ball with the final game deciding shot. I play ball, and if you're wide open and can even slightly shoot the ball, it's got a real high chance of going in.

It's honestly ALOT more exciting to see teams like Memphis, New York, and even jersey play games than the Raptors and I sincerely hope some young talent gets added to this team, particularly one of the "tougher" breed who don't cry from physical contact.
x2
dmbphan041 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,174
Representing:
Well, we need to go 22-11 the rest of the way to be a .500 team.

And considering we're probably going to lose our next 4 games, it's all over!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,040
Representing:
Default

There is no way this team can make a playoff run. Not saying that we shouldn't try. We should definatly try and if in the last 100-15 games there is no chance we can make the playoffs then we have to tank
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,380
Representing:
Default

Look on the bright side.
at least were not the clippers.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,040
Representing:
Default

We are as close to them as we are as far away from the Celts
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
a Raptors fan

Free DeMar DeRozan

 
zachus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,833
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
We are as close to them as we are as far away from the Celts
Deep Gurk, deep.
zachus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
highonpsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,011
Representing:
Default

prediction

if colangelo trades Bosh and gets a legitimate slasher, we will make the playoffs this year!

DOOO ITTTTT!!!
highonpsi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,353
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highonpsi View Post
prediction

if colangelo trades Bosh and gets a legitimate slasher, we will make the playoffs this year!

DOOO ITTTTT!!!
And who would that "legitimate slasher" be?

Lebron? lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,023
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highonpsi View Post
prediction

if colangelo trades Bosh and gets a legitimate slasher, we will make the playoffs this year!

DOOO ITTTTT!!!
You're like a broken record.....always trade Bosh and keep j.o.

Almost every post.

Step your game up or just shut up, cause i've read the same post over and over again.
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,599
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
And who would that "legitimate slasher" be?

Lebron? lol.



I thought he meant a slasher like this. Of course we'll win and make the playoffs because all of the other players will be dead.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Byte Mii, I have Wii Fit!
 
Krazy Ivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,967
Representing:
Default

^^^^^^^^
With Jason, not Kapono, Raps would win for sure...

Or, maybe we can trade for these guys...

Krazy Ivan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

^^^^^^^^

or these guys

Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post


I thought he meant a slasher like this. Of course we'll win and make the playoffs because all of the other players will be dead.
Post of the year so far.

Kudo's Acie.

You actually made me smile, and I ain't smiling much lately!!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
You're like a broken record.....always trade Bosh and keep j.o.

Almost every post.

Step your game up or just shut up, cause i've read the same post over and over again.
Hmm.

That my friend, is pretty badass.

You're like the mean Gang dude in those movies where unsuspecting people find themselves in dark alley's in the wrong Neighbourrhoods.

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
You're like a broken record.....always trade Bosh and keep j.o.

Almost every post.

Step your game up or just shut up, cause i've read the same post over and over again.
Sorry, but that actually made me laugh out loud.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hollinger: 12 disapointments so far this season jeffb Toronto Raptors 30 11-15-2009 06:02 PM
Hollinger: Raptors season will be a brilliant success or spectacular failure jeffb Toronto Raptors 26 08-11-2009 09:54 AM
Pretty funny clip.... Claudius Entertainment Lounge 7 02-12-2008 08:23 AM
Write a caption for this image. lang Entertainment Lounge 15 01-28-2008 03:00 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24