Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Hollinger: Raps have a solid bench (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/hollinger-raps-have-solid-bench-18822.html)

jeffb 01-07-2011 04:23 PM

Hollinger: Raps have a solid bench
 
Quote:

As for Toronto, its second unit gets a big boost from the production of Leandro Barbosa, a dynamite scoring threat as a sixth man who plays virtually no defense. Additionally, Jose Calderon and Amir Johnson helped that rating with early-season flourishes off the pine, but both players now start and are likely to continue starting even when the Raptors who are walking wounded return.

It's still a strong second unit going forward. Jerryd Bayless, Sonny Weems, improving rookie Ed Davis and emerging defensive force Joey Dorsey combine with Barbosa to form a solid second five. It's the lack of a star in the first unit that keeps the Raptors lottery-bound.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...PERDiem-110107

Dark Knight 01-07-2011 04:53 PM

Did we really need Hollinger to tell us this? I mean, our bench isn't great, but it's not bad either.

Blaze 01-07-2011 05:23 PM

i swear barbosa plays good D :reporter:

J-Roc 01-07-2011 05:41 PM

I remember when a stat popped up on a broadcast to show how good our bench scoring was. I think the other teams in the list were Golden State and Philly. Basically, if you have a high scoring bench, it's because your starters are not good enough. It's a sign of weakness.

LX 01-07-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

It's still a strong second unit going forward. Jerryd Bayless, Sonny Weems, improving rookie Ed Davis and emerging defensive force Joey Dorsey combine with Barbosa to form a solid second five. It's the lack of a starter in the first unit that keeps the Raptors lottery-bound.
fixed - stupid Hollinger

fancylad 01-07-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Roc (Post 489743)
I remember when a stat popped up on a broadcast to show how good our bench scoring was. I think the other teams in the list were Golden State and Philly. Basically, if you have a high scoring bench, it's because your starters are not good enough. It's a sign of weakness.

While that's a pretty big generalization, i can't say i disagree.

jeffb 01-07-2011 07:41 PM

Now all we need to do is upgrade at the 1-3-5 spots and we're in business. :haha:

FoldedLaundry 01-08-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 489770)
Now all we need to do is upgrade at the 1-3-5 spots and we're in business. :haha:

+1

Rudy-T 01-09-2011 12:26 PM

Maybe a bit on the 2 and 4 spots too. So we are just 5 starters short of competing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24