Hedo is statwise better than Vince in this season
Old 04-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 29
Representing:
Default Hedo is statwise better than Vince in this season

Before showing the stats I should say that I know Hedo is playing bad throughout the all season. Yes, it is bad but not very different than last year's season performance (not including playoffs) so in fact, this shouldn't have surprised anybody.

But this also means that Vince(16m $) is playing extra bad.

Vince's AFG (Adjusted Field Goal) is .483 while Hedo's .493

Per48M RBD AST STL BLK TO PTS
Vince 6.2 4.8 1.08 0.4 2.2 25.7
Hedo 6.8 6.3 1.06 0.72 2.7 18.0

You can see that in most of the categories, Hedo is better than Vince except points. But this is because, for 48m Vince attempts 21.2 FGs while Hedo only does 14.3. If Hedo had attempted the same amount, he would have 27.2 PP48M. This low FGA is also beneficial for another reason. Because Hedo is attempting less, it helps other players attempt more and since they have higher AFG%, it helps the team more. Anyway, my conclusion is, mainly offensively Vince is statwise less beneficial to his team than Hedo at the moment.

Last of all, maybe this is a transition period for both of them, they will be better in next season after adjusting to their teams but I don't really expect huge performance increases due to their ages.
ebenezer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
what he is.

Senior Member
 
henrymakepeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,175
Representing:
Default

You don't get it. Hedo doesn't have a future in Toronto. I don't remember a guy that fans would boo each and every game. I don't know how but he has to go.
henrymakepeace is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,843
Representing:
Default

This is why stats dont always tell the story. Besides early 2010 where they were both horriawful, VC has been a much much better addition and player than Hedo has all year. VC has helped ORL win some big games in the 4th qtr vs some really good teams, and hes been very consistant since his shit month in FEB. This comparison isnt even close and you making this thread just shows that you're either completely oblivious or a Hedo fanboy. Adjusted stats dont mean shit when you're comparing 2 players on different levels.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

stats shmats.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

I was thinking about how Hedo was considered the prize free agent of that free agency class. Like he was it.

Is there a stat out there that measures how much we were duped?
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,917
Representing:
Default

So he's averaging 6pts less then last season and his stats are around the same as last season? Ohhhhhhh brother!! Anyway, vince has had an off season (age has something to do with that), but he's still had a much more positive impact then Turkoglu has here. Like fancy said, stats schmats... Means little!
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,637
Representing:
Default

Who the hell cares?

Like enough of the VC vs. Hedo crappy already.

They can both kiss my ass.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,404
Representing:
Default

Who cares about VC ...
Hedo has a chance to contribute on the remaining games and potentially the playoffs.
I think either way .. BC will try to off-load Turk. If he plays well down the stretch, it will give BC more bargaining power.
Carlito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Who the hell cares?

Like enough of the VC vs. Hedo crappy already.

They can both kiss my ass.
+1 Enough with Wince vs Turd-alu
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

per 48 minutes?

The difference is Hedo is out of shape and can't even run for 2 minutes, let alone 48.
He might score 5 points in 10 minutes of floor time. So he can average 24 ppg?

Maybe if Walt "the wizard" Williams scored 1 point in 1 minute of play in his career... we could say he averaged 48 ppg in his career and is the best scorer of all time.
Take a stats class first, then understand how much worse Hedo is, and come back.

Oh, and does skipping games to go out on the town count for anything?
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 29
Representing:
Default

Hedo Turkoglu MIN PTS RBD AST STL BLK
31.3 11.7 4.4 4.1 0.69 0.47 1.8
Vince Carter MIN PTS RBD AST STL BLK
31.1 16.6 4.0 3.1 0.70 0.26 1.5

I showed per 48 minutes stats to do a fair comparison. You don’t have to do that, you can equalize at 20, 30, 40 , at whatever you want. Or their minutes are very close, you can compare side by side using their current stats. And your Walt Williams example is a fallacy. I want you to find that before going into stats 101.

Anyway, Hedo is attempting 9.3 FG while Carter is 13.7. This is a fact. Hedo can score over 16ppg if he uses more shots like his last year in Orlando. 13.3 attempts and 16.8ppg. Another fact is his AFG last year was .478, now is .493. It is an improvement.

AFG% is a much better stat than FG% because it incorporates 3pt shooting. If you score behind the arc your team gets 3pts not 2pts, remember? Here is its explanation:
^ AFG%: Adjusted Field Goal Percentage = [(PTS - FTM)/FGA]/2
AFG% measures shooting efficiency by taking into account the total points a player produces through his field goal attempts. The intention of this adjustment is largely to evaluate the impact of three-point shooting. For example, if Shaquille O'Neal has 3-5 FG, all two-point shots for 6 points, then his AFG% = [(6/5)]/2 = .600. Meanwhile, if Ray Allen is 2-5 FG, but his 2 FGM are both three-pointers for 6 points, then his AFG% = [(6/5)]/2 = .600

Just coz you don’t understand it, doesn’t mean it’s schmat or shmat whatever that is

I don’t think Vince adds to Orlando anything more than Hedo. If Orlando has improved compared to last year, it is mostly because of other additions like Bass, Barnes, Anderson.

Lastly, I think Hedo’s issue is mental. He wants to be hero of the team, wants the ball on his hands on every offensive possesion and use the last shots at 4th quarter. I don’t like this behaviour at all, I find it very immature and unprofessional but that is what it is. SVG was doing a good job controlling him, giving him some of what he wants because he knew that he had talent. Considering he will be useless after a couple of years, I think it is best to support him in a motivational way. I don’t get what booing can accomplish positively anyway.

Last edited by ebenezer; 04-06-2010 at 12:05 PM.
ebenezer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
currently cramming it up his own cramhole

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 46
Representing:
Default

smelling shit is better than tasting shit .... whats your point?
rajbtor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebenezer View Post
Before showing the stats I should say that I know Hedo is playing bad throughout the all season. Yes, it is bad but not very different than last year's season performance (not including playoffs) so in fact, this shouldn't have surprised anybody.

But this also means that Vince(16m $) is playing extra bad.

Vince's AFG (Adjusted Field Goal) is .483 while Hedo's .493

Per48M RBD AST STL BLK TO PTS
Vince 6.2 4.8 1.08 0.4 2.2 25.7
Hedo 6.8 6.3 1.06 0.72 2.7 18.0

You can see that in most of the categories, Hedo is better than Vince except points. But this is because, for 48m Vince attempts 21.2 FGs while Hedo only does 14.3. If Hedo had attempted the same amount, he would have 27.2 PP48M. This low FGA is also beneficial for another reason. Because Hedo is attempting less, it helps other players attempt more and since they have higher AFG%, it helps the team more. Anyway, my conclusion is, mainly offensively Vince is statwise less beneficial to his team than Hedo at the moment.

Last of all, maybe this is a transition period for both of them, they will be better in next season after adjusting to their teams but I don't really expect huge performance increases due to their ages.
VC > Hedo any day of the week...and its not even close...

if you disagree....you need to watch more NBA games...
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A00715890 View Post
VC > Hedo any day of the week...and its not even close...

if you disagree....you need to watch more NBA games...
Absolutely. Hell he's been outplayed this season by Weems.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
full of hope.

Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 415
Representing:
Default

Thats the first positive thread about hedo since....um.....the pre-season?

And yes, a turkish guy opened it. And every turkish member is defending Hedo.

Its pointless. Hes from Turkey, yes. But he still suck.

So whatever ure sayin....everybody knows, that Turkoglue is just crap.

Cant read that bullshit anymore >.<
Raptor99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,487
Representing:
Default

I'm usually a stat whore, but this is just plain ridiculous.
Hedo has been one of the worst players in a raps uni this season... stats mean squate in his case.
its as stupid as saying that Bosh is a better 3point shooter than Lebron James and Kevin Durrant... because his 3point percentage is better than both of them this season. so that must mean he's a better 3 point shooter.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Let's just be happy we didn't get Villanueva or Gordon too...
________
YAMAHA R15 SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by carp; 03-27-2011 at 04:07 AM.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
full of hope.

Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
I'm usually a stat whore, but this is just plain ridiculous.
Hedo has been one of the worst players in a raps uni this season... stats mean squate in his case.
its as stupid as saying that Bosh is a better 3point shooter than Lebron James and Kevin Durrant... because his 3point percentage is better than both of them this season. so that must mean he's a better 3 point shooter.
Absolutely right.
Raptor99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Let's just be happy we didn't get Villanueva or Gordon too...
good point...
we feel like we got jipped this offseason? think about how detroit must be feeling.
CV and gordon? oh boy.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
ballin'

Senior Member
 
Abdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 161
Representing:
Default

NO
Abdiesel is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24