half season : what hope do we still have ?
Old 01-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,460
Representing:
Default half season : what hope do we still have ?

yeh, tomorrow after the NOH game, this will be the end of the first half of the season : with our actual record at 13w-27L, what do you expect for the end ?

and what do you keep from the start of the season ?
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Default

25-57

I expect a couple moves in the next 4-5 weeks.

At this point the only players i'd keep over anyone, Bayless, Derozan, Bargs, Davis, Amir, Barbosa

The rest i could care less about, and i wouldn't be that upset if Amir was dealt and we made a move for a Center and have Bargs at PF with Davis playing behind him. And i'd even kick a few tires on what Bargnani could get us. Doesn't hurt.

Last edited by jeffb; 01-16-2011 at 03:46 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

18-23 wins. Around bottom 3. and this

fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,508
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
25-57

I expect a couple moves in the next 4-5 weeks.

At this point the only players i'd keep over anyone, Bayless, Derozan, Bargs, Davis, Amir, Barbosa

The rest i could care less about, and i wouldn't be that upset if Amir was dealt and we made a move for a Center and have Bargs at PF with Davis playing behind him. And i'd even kick a few tires on what Bargnani could get us. Doesn't hurt.
Why do you want Barbosa?
Aamir is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
25-57

I expect a couple moves in the next 4-5 weeks.

At this point the only players i'd keep over anyone, Bayless, Derozan, Bargs, Davis, Amir, Barbosa

The rest i could care less about, and i wouldn't be that upset if Amir was dealt and we made a move for a Center and have Bargs at PF with Davis playing behind him. And i'd even kick a few tires on what Bargnani could get us. Doesn't hurt.
i like amir. he plays with heart. BUT he is not, nor ever will be worth 5 mil a year. i see him at peaking around 3 or 2 mil a year.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,460
Representing:
Default

next half : 15-26

jeffb i agree with you. but i will go more on trade Bargnani (maybe one or two first pick even just 2012) and one prospect + one expiring, that will be awsome.

but i will keep DD, barbosa, bayless like a priority.
bayless even if he doesn't become a great pg, would be a solid backup.
barbosa change the game when he is healthy.
and DD has some potential, we must keep.
i forget davis. maybe because i have this sensation he will go somewhere as soon as his rookie contract will end.

the rest you can give the to the shark, i don't care.
but i like amir and dorsey effort and energy they bring to this team.
we can keep dorsey at the PF backup, and wright at the 3rd sf.

i expect BC to make some move, to take care of this team for next year or maybe the next one (2012-13) if 2011-12 is dead by a lockout.

in the concern of this first half, i keep in mind some great wins, but also all the close lose game and all the injury.
they have some improvment to do for sure, but the mentality of davis, amir, dorsey and wright in defense change thing not like last season.

but somethnig boring me right now.
All the injury will keep us in the bottom, good or not, i don't know, because they will have a mindset losing team, and this is not good for the futur.

Last edited by Bankiz; 01-16-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
18-23 wins. Around bottom 3. and this

Your crazy if you think we are only winning 5 more games....
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post

jeffb i agree with you. but i will go more on trade Bargnani (maybe one or two first pick even just 2012) and one prospect + one expiring, that will be awsome.
Just saying this makes you lose all credibility, life ban


Why trade bargs? he gets 10 million a year and is putting up 21 points a game....this makes no sense
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,460
Representing:
Default

why trade Bargs ?
do you joke ?

because he is what this team lack !
you just see point in his game or what ?
yes, we must forgot the 20 point, but also forget the no rebound (except ones which fall in his hand), forget too the no defens skill.... if we trade him.
raptors need to change culture, not to continue with the same lazy guys who can't bring effort to contain.
we need to go after a dalembert type of player (like patterson or chandler).
if we lost 20pt, and we add maybe 12-13pt in the center position, i will be fine. yes we would not be a offensive team, but we can stop penetration and block some shot.
davis can become the 20pt guy, like DD, so we doesn't need a scorer center, but one who can defend.
watch dallas, and watch how chandler change all their game, because he go after the ball.

imagine a Mcgee at the center position, and davis at pf, do you think we will lost the same number of games ?

or Bargs need a coach like SVG, who can boost him and become more a pau gasol payer than a bargs.

Last edited by Bankiz; 01-16-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Why do you want Barbosa?
I like him and he's great off the bench. Plus he'd be an expiring 8Mil after next season.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
why trade Bargs ?
do you joke ?

because he is what this team lack !
you just see point in his game or what ?
yes, we must forgot the 20 point, but also forget the no rebound (except ones which fall in his hand), forget too the no defens skill.... if we trade him.
raptors need to change culture, not to continue with the same lazy guys who can't bring effort to contain.
we need to go after a dalembert type of player (like patterson or chandler).
if we lost 20pt, and we add maybe 12-13pt in the center position, i will be fine. yes we would not be a offensive team, but we can stop penetration and block some shot.
davis can become the 20pt guy, like DD, so we doesn't need a scorer center, but one who can defend.
watch dallas, and watch how chandler change all their game, because he go after the ball.

imagine a Mcgee at the center position, and davis at pf, do you think we will lost the same number of games ?

or Bargs need a coach like SVG, who can boost him and become more a pau gasol payer than a bargs.
I guess you'd like to see this team being a lottery team for 7 years then. What does our team lack actually? We have more heart and more effort this year and can still keep a game close. DD can score 20 points, but how consistent is he? Davis can be a 20 pt guy maybe next year or 2 more years. Bargs has steadily improved every year and almost every aspect of his game and you want to trade him? The only player who's semi consistent in point production and a player who other teams look out for. Like I said before, Bargs' man to man defense is ok but what he needs to work on is help defense and some offensive rebounds, but I'm seeing some improvement there. If I haven't forgotten, I swear we're in a culture change right now. I wouldn't Dalembert here honestly, the Rockets seem like they'll keep Patterson and Chandler isn't going anywhere. He said he's always wanted to play for the Mavs and will probably stay with the Mavs. The difference between us and Dallas is that they're a more experienced team with more veteran and skilled players than us. Davis is starting to become a defensive threat because of his shot blocking, but once he bulks up and gains more experience he'll be better. He also needs to work on his offence.

With McGee at the 5 and Davis at the 4, I think we would lose more games than with Bargs at the 5 and Davis at the 4. McGee is only athletic and doesn't have any post moves like Bargs or any other offensive moves. Davis isn't a threat on offense yet, he mostly gets points by putbacks and some dunks here and there. I don't know what coach can make a player into another player, but I don't think Bargs will change into Pau with the help of any coach. Pau and Bargs are different players with different skill sets. We might as well work with Bargs since he's our number 1 option as of now.
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,460
Representing:
Default

you read as the letter what i wrote.
take a little space with it.

if i want trade bargs, there is a reason :
you say many tam want him. so why not wtahc what we can land forhim and after that wacth if that can make some difference in the 2 years to come.

because, i think bargs, maybe has some potential left, but not so much.
i means, he is inconsistent. you talk about DD or davis, but yes they are young, very raw in fact, so inconsistence is alright.
but Barg it's is 5 season + euro season before... so not so inexperimented, so maybe you think he is our best asset, but we are losing with him, like with him and bosh, so what conclusion can you make.

we need a sf defender and a center defender. and not some lazy center who can only score.

let's face that. last year he put more rebound than this year.
bosh take 11 rdb per game, than this year yes there was evans eating all, but now there is no bosh, and no evans, and amir/davis/dorsey don't grab all. so why is he always like big piece of wood in defense.
BS are so consistent with him. he put some lazy shot and never foolow his shot. he don't move his arms on defense.

it are some example problem. you can't deny that. so i say add a center "like" chandler and co... not chandler.

but for Bargnani what do you think we can land ?

marc gasol + mayo maybe ?
camby + batum ?
lopez + pietrus ?
fields + chamdler + thuriaf ?

if this could happen, how do you think you will react : happy or unhappy ?

for me if one of this 4 trade comes, i will be good for it, doesn't you ?
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,460
Representing:
Default

and just for the sake :
i prefer a losing team who can land some high picks for 2 years, than have a less .500 team who can't have a legit pick (except luck some times : DD and davis).

because if you rebuild, so rebuild with the ones who have so futur, really here. not because you are in love with this one.

and just to say it, if we can bring a star young player at any position, i will give DD or davis too.

example : curry for Davis, or patterson for DD.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
you read as the letter what i wrote.
take a little space with it.

if i want trade bargs, there is a reason :
you say many tam want him. so why not wtahc what we can land forhim and after that wacth if that can make some difference in the 2 years to come.

because, i think bargs, maybe has some potential left, but not so much.
i means, he is inconsistent. you talk about DD or davis, but yes they are young, very raw in fact, so inconsistence is alright.
but Barg it's is 5 season + euro season before... so not so inexperimented, so maybe you think he is our best asset, but we are losing with him, like with him and bosh, so what conclusion can you make.

we need a sf defender and a center defender. and not some lazy center who can only score.

let's face that. last year he put more rebound than this year.
bosh take 11 rdb per game, than this year yes there was evans eating all, but now there is no bosh, and no evans, and amir/davis/dorsey don't grab all. so why is he always like big piece of wood in defense.
BS are so consistent with him. he put some lazy shot and never foolow his shot. he don't move his arms on defense.

it are some example problem. you can't deny that. so i say add a center "like" chandler and co... not chandler.

but for Bargnani what do you think we can land ?

marc gasol + mayo maybe ?
camby + batum ?
lopez + pietrus ?
fields + chamdler + thuriaf ?

if this could happen, how do you think you will react : happy or unhappy ?

for me if one of this 4 trade comes, i will be good for it, doesn't you ?
I'm not in love with Bargs, but just trading him now is stupid. All the people you listed for trades won't happen. I'm sure Memphis will hold onto Gasol and they said they're not trading Mayo. Portland would keep Camby and Batum, they're key players to their team just as much as Bargs is to our team. I wouldn't want Lopez and Pietrus and if that trade would happen then it would be a steal for Phoenix. New York is not letting go of Fields or Chandler now that they compliment Stoudemire and I'm not taking Turiaf.

If you've noticed, Bargs does move his hands when on defense. And as I said, his man to man defense is ok but not his team defense. He's just as good as Blatche on team defense. He's starting to take charges now too. I'm not in love with the guy, but trading him now would be stupid. That's my opinion. What centers are like Chandler that you think we could land or trade over here?
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
and just for the sake :
i prefer a losing team who can land some high picks for 2 years, than have a less .500 team who can't have a legit pick (except luck some times : DD and davis).

because if you rebuild, so rebuild with the ones who have so futur, really here. not because you are in love with this one.

and just to say it, if we can bring a star young player at any position, i will give DD or davis too.

example : curry for Davis, or patterson for DD.
Landing picks doesn't guarantee a championship or playoff apperance, look at Minny. As of now, we are rebuilding with the pieces we have now. We got Davis who can compliment Bargs. Curry for Davis would not happen, and I'd take DD over Patterson, we don't need anymore forwards.
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,387
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldedLaundry View Post
Landing picks doesn't guarantee a championship or playoff apperance, look at Minny. As of now, we are rebuilding with the pieces we have now. We got Davis who can compliment Bargs. Curry for Davis would not happen, and I'd take DD over Patterson, we don't need anymore forwards.
landing picks can guarantee a playoff spot, its how and who you pick. the t'wolves have been shitting the bed consistently in the draft its not even funny, however when looking at teams like sacramento and the clippers, the process is slow but worthwhile, not every team can hit the jackpot like OKC.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldedLaundry View Post
Landing picks doesn't guarantee a championship or playoff apperance, look at Minny. As of now, we are rebuilding with the pieces we have now. We got Davis who can compliment Bargs. Curry for Davis would not happen, and I'd take DD over Patterson, we don't need anymore forwards.
If Minnoesota would actually stop picking point guards than thy would actually be somewhere.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
If Minnoesota would actually stop picking point guards than thy would actually be somewhere.
Lol, that's true.
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
landing picks can guarantee a playoff spot, its how and who you pick. the t'wolves have been shitting the bed consistently in the draft its not even funny, however when looking at teams like sacramento and the clippers, the process is slow but worthwhile, not every team can hit the jackpot like OKC.
Yeah its slow, but sometimes it doesn't guarantee a spot or guarantee the pick is going to be a star.
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,689
Representing:
Default


Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24