Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   GSW interested in Amir Johnson for Harrison Barnes? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/gsw-interested-amir-johnson-harrison-barnes-26569.html)

jeffb 02-19-2014 01:58 PM

GSW interested in Amir Johnson for Harrison Barnes?
 
Quote:

What's the price? A young player who can help contribute to the team right now -- especially someone who can give them some much-needed depth on their front line. They'd love to get their hands on Kevin Love. But the Wolves would want much more than Barnes. The Pistons' Greg Monroe, the Sixers' Thaddeus Young, the Cavs' Tristan Thompson, the Nuggets Kenneth Faried, the Bucks' John Henson and the Raptors' Amir Johnson all intrigue the Warriors. Whether any of those teams are willing to give up that much to acquire Barnes remains to be seen.
NBA Latest trade-deadline rumors - ESPN

DanH 02-19-2014 02:05 PM

No filler needed FYI. Both teams have TPE's that can be used to do a straight up swap.

spuriousjones 02-19-2014 02:08 PM

Amir has been a big part of our success. His intangible value is very high to the team. It would be a tough trade to make. But also a tough trade to turn down given our depth chart and recognizing Amir's impending free agency (where he could be re-signed).

Amir could give GS's hot-shooting backcourt some sweet screens.

Amir+Daye for Barnes+JO would give us some needed depth behind JV—would GS do that? Would Toronto?

Raptor4Life 02-19-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanH (Post 868020)
No filler needed FYI. Both teams have TPE's that can be used to do a straight up swap.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to add a player plus a TPE to a trade? I think TPE has to be traded straight up for a player.

Raptor4Life 02-19-2014 02:22 PM

I think a trade that works well for both sides and pretty fair would be:

Toronto trades Amir and Vasquez for Barnes and Speights.

This addresses both their PG depth and gives them a legit back up big who can defend and shore up some of their defensive deficiences.

jeffb 02-19-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor4Life (Post 868028)
I think a trade that works well for both sides and pretty fair would be:

Toronto trades Amir and Vasquez for Barnes and Speights.

This addresses both their PG depth and gives them a legit back up big who can defend and shore up some of their defensive deficiences.

Yes please, although we again would have absolutely no depth at the PG position.

gdaytday 02-19-2014 02:36 PM

Amir is one of those guys that I'm quite certain I overvalue. I just like how hard he plays and how much he seems to love the City.

I wouldn't do Amir for Barnes.

Raptor4Life 02-19-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 868032)
Yes please, although we again would have absolutely no depth at the PG position.

yeah we would have to pick up a back up pg though. Perhaps OKC secound round pick plus TPE for Beno Udrih.

Claudius 02-19-2014 02:43 PM

Hmmm.... I'd think about it because it addresses our need to have a legit 3 as I feel Ross just doesn't fit (in my mind) as a starting 3 in this league. It also provides options potentially for the summer for dealing Ross and potentially upgrading a position we need help in.

It would leave a massive void in terms of identity and even a starting 4 though ...

DanH 02-19-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor4Life (Post 868027)
I'm not sure if you're allowed to add a player plus a TPE to a trade? I think TPE has to be traded straight up for a player.

It does.

Toronto trades Amir for nothing. GSW absorbs Amir into their TPE.

GSW trades Barnes for nothing. TOR absorbs Barnes into their TPE.

jeffb 02-19-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 868048)

It would leave a massive void in terms of identity and even a starting 4 though ...

Bahhh, he's a borderline starter. he'd be coming off the bench in GS, rightfully so.

carp 02-19-2014 02:52 PM

This could be a huge step to a major rebuild.... with Jonas, Barnes and Ross all on rookie scale, it would open up to trading others that aren't. I think it all hinges on what happens with Lowry, which may not be our choice if he's still here beyond the trade deadline.

elT 02-19-2014 02:57 PM

I love Barnes and the long term potential of him and Ross at SF and SG. At the same time, I love Amir and him leaving would certainly affect the performance of this team for the remainder of the season.

homer pipe dream warning
I'd rather wait it out this season and re-sign Lowry, offer Amir + DeRozan and Knick's pick in 2016 for K.Love, waive Salmons, sign Deng, re-sign PP, Vasquez, draft or sign another SG/SF, trade with Buck for Gary Neal(Novak for Gary?)

Lowry/Vasquez/3rd PG
Ross/Neal/Rookie
Deng/Fields/Rookie
Love/PP/TH
Jonas/TH/Hayes/Another FA?

m5racer 02-19-2014 02:58 PM

Trading Amir would be tough emotionally. He's a guy that loves this team, and this city, he's got great character as a person, and is just one of those guys anyone would want on their team. He's talented, yet he's been injured and banged up quite a bit this year. IT would be amazing if we could trade him, then resign him in the off season when he becomes a FA.

It would also kinda suck for Amir because he has been here for a number of years while we were ass, then the year were good and making a playoff run he's traded 2 months before they start....I for one would like to have amir on this team come playoff time cause you know he's going to grind it and play some solid ball.

carp 02-19-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5racer (Post 868059)
Trading Amir would be tough emotionally. He's a guy that loves this team, and this city, he's got great character as a person, and is just one of those guys anyone would want on their team. He's talented, yet he's been injured and banged up quite a bit this year. IT would be amazing if we could trade him, then resign him in the off season when he becomes a FA.

It would also kinda suck for Amir because he has been here for a number of years while we were ass, then the year were good and making a playoff run he's traded 2 months before they start....I for one would like to have amir on this team come playoff time cause you know he's going to grind it and play some solid ball.

It wouldn't suck for Amir if he's going to the most fun team in the league, and it's closer to home for him too.

bjjs 02-19-2014 03:05 PM

I would love to see Amir run alongside Lee/Iggy/Curry/Klay; I think he would really complement all of those guys. He might not start, but I think GS would play a lot of small ball and Amir would end up playing the bulk of the minutes at the Centre spot and finishing games.


Adding Harrison Barnes could really hurt Ross' development.

DanH 02-19-2014 03:15 PM

Part of why I love this trade is just how awesome Amir would be in GS.

The other part is how great a move it is for the Raps.

Tommy C 02-19-2014 03:20 PM

I don't see how it makes us better.

bjjs 02-19-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy C (Post 868073)
I don't see how it makes us better.

I think having a vet like J.S. who knows his best years are behind him is the perfect back-up for Ross and Derozan. Add Barnes and their just might not be enough minutes and touches to keep all three happy. And then there is the matter of PF. Patterson looks like a solid career back-up at this point. We're left with a hole in our rotation up front.

DanH 02-19-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy C (Post 868073)
I don't see how it makes us better.

This year? It probably doesn't. Two years from now and after? Different question.

It's very important that moves we make are NOT made for this year alone, but for the future.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24