Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Gray Out Indefinitely (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/gray-out-indefinitely-21747.html)

LX 12-30-2011 07:55 PM

Gray Out Indefinitely
 
Bigs with bad hearts. It's an epidemic. Performance enhancing drugs?

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=383794

Quote:

TORONTO -- Toronto Raptors centre Aaron Gray is out of action indefinitely while he undergoes further monitoring and testing for a rapid heart rate.

The Raptors decided to withhold Gray from game action after consulting with league cardiologist Dr. Allan Schwartz. Gray will still be able to participate in full contact practices, the team said Friday.

Gray signed with the Raptors on Dec. 11 as a free agent. He had nine rebounds in 32 minutes over two pre-season games.

DanH 12-30-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 592933)
Bigs with bad hearts. It's an epidemic. Performance enhancing drugs?

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=383794

Doubt it's PEDs. They just have huge bodies. When you're in the top 1% you tend to be higher risk for stuff like this.

neojiphre 12-30-2011 08:43 PM

There goes the season

Shifty.py 12-30-2011 09:41 PM

Time to call Alexis Ajinca ;)

We can get injured player exception right?

Carlito 12-30-2011 09:43 PM

hope he's okay ..

FoldedLaundry 12-31-2011 02:57 AM

I was hoping to see him play in our rotation :(

halphbreedballer 12-31-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoldedLaundry (Post 593389)
I was hoping to see him play in our rotation :(

Why he is soo S & S and worse than Hoffa!!!

I feel bad that he has the heart condition, but really Grey is an terrible nba player.

Shadowfax 12-31-2011 01:54 PM

i don't understand why he can't play in games, yet has been cleared to participate in full contact practices

hope everything works out for him

LX 12-31-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowfax (Post 593487)
i don't understand why he can't play in games, yet has been cleared to participate in full contact practices

hope everything works out for him

I would guess that the concern would not be about physical contact, but rather the cardio stresses which can be more severe in game actions. He can be asked to run without running hard in practices, whereas in games there could be multiple all-out sprints required.

raptorchick 12-31-2011 03:21 PM

Shouldn't they have caught this during his medical? How do you miss cardiac dysrhythmia when you're examining a player? Didn't they ask for his medical reports from the Hornets and Bulls?

Shadowfax 12-31-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 593514)
I would guess that the concern would not be about physical contact, but rather the cardio stresses which can be more severe in game actions. He can be asked to run without running hard in practices, whereas in games there could be multiple all-out sprints required.

makes sense
it's just that i associate full contact with "full out" play

Acie 12-31-2011 03:44 PM

We should've signed Erin Gray instead.

http://idiotflashback.files.wordpres...zzar.jpg?w=450

jeffb 12-31-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 593522)
We should've signed Erin Gray instead.

http://idiotflashback.files.wordpres...zzar.jpg?w=450

Except, this is the Erin Gray we'd get since that pick is like 25yrs old. lol

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6159/...04c6232aec.jpg

Sean 12-31-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 593526)
Except, this is the Erin Gray we'd get since that pick is like 25yrs old. lol

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6159/...04c6232aec.jpg

Still an improvement over Aaron lol.


Seriously though, hopefully this doesn't keep him out of the lineup for too long. He isn't much of a player, but the Raptors could use his size some nights and you never want to see a player sidelined by this kind of issue.

raptorsfan14 12-31-2011 06:10 PM

If she can play defense Casey will give her some minutes.

RAPMAN 12-31-2011 06:38 PM

Play the Alabi kid.

BballWatcher 01-01-2012 03:37 PM

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24