Grange: Colangelo needs to be re-signed - Page 2
Old 04-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

Lets look at this way..

Alot of players tend to have close ties to the GM that drafted them... father figure maybe? who knows...

BC Leaves, resigns, gets fired... whatever you wanna call it... DeRozen and Davis could sour..

Just sayin..
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,429
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex2k View Post
Lets look at this way..

Alot of players tend to have close ties to the GM that drafted them... father figure maybe? who knows...

BC Leaves, resigns, gets fired... whatever you wanna call it... DeRozen and Davis could sour..

Just sayin..
That's what I'm saying. DD and Davis might have more incentive to leave
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 890
Representing:
Default

why is he assuming we'll move down, not remain the same or move up in the draft?
jrob23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob23 View Post
why is he assuming we'll move down, not remain the same or move up in the draft?
i'm no mathematician, but as i understand it, there is a greater likelihood that we will move down than we will stay the same or move up. each individual team has a low chance to move up, but collectively there is a greater chance that someone with a lower seed than us will end up in the top 3 and push us back than there is that we move up or that 1 & 2 go as planned.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

it's pretty close to a coin flip, with about 47 percent of a chance that they make 1-2 or 3 and a 53 percent chance of moving down to one of 4-5- or 6.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 890
Representing:
Default

didn't know that was the probability.. gotcha tho, thanks for that information
jrob23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 10,417
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
it's pretty close to a coin flip, with about 47 percent of a chance that they make 1-2 or 3 and a 53 percent chance of moving down to one of 4-5- or 6.
What's the chance we stay put?
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
What's the chance we stay put?
we have 156 combinations out of a 1000 possible that could get spit out on numbered ping pong balls. That gives us a 15.6 chance at 1, 15.7 at 2, and 15.6 at staying put.

There's a 22.6 chance at 4. 26.5 percent to get 5, and a 4 percent chance at 6.

Thank you wiki
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
The Professional Scorer

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,585
Representing:
Default

I dont see BC screwing us over even if he hasn't been given an extension yet. He's known to be a professional business man, and I just don't see him in that. Would just make himself look bad and it'll make other think he's just unprofessional and have a whole new look of him. Just imo.....
JDMtors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMtors View Post
I dont see BC screwing us over even if he hasn't been given an extension yet. He's known to be a professional business man, and I just don't see him in that. Would just make himself look bad and it'll make other think he's just unprofessional and have a whole new look of him. Just imo.....
Plus, his Ego is massive. And i think he'd prefer to try and salvage his reputation and have the core of the next era of the Raptors have his finger prints all over it and make them regret not signing him back. Can you imagine him drafting Williams or Irving and not being given an extension. Leaving us with Davis, Irving or Williams, Derozan, Bayless, Johnson, Amir.....MLSE imo would look like morons.

Last edited by jeffb; 04-19-2011 at 11:32 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
The Professional Scorer

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,585
Representing:
Default

Well I just don't see that in him.... Even if he was to draft he'll probably just pick the BPA rather than look at what we need and trade down/up from it
JDMtors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

lol

jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

^^ that was before the whole teachers wanting to sell there stake in MLSE. If none of that happened im sure BC would be extended by now.
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24