Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
GAME THREAD FINAL: New York Knicks 90 - Toronto Raptors 87 - Page 28
Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #541 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
You're not helping!!!
Oh calm down. A little levity amongst all the hate.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #542 (permalink)
alive outside

Member
 
zapffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
that's simply not true. if it was the 5 of us we would have nothing to build from in terms of getting better. i'm just continuing to make the point that i have made countless times. he's not a closer, not a defender, not a penetrator, and he's getting older. he's clearly not the guy to move forward with as our starter (and finisher).

he can drop all the stats he wants, but if we're losing close games and he's urning the ball over and getting beaten on the other end when it matters most, he's not doing what we need from him.
No. You said "being in a game doesn't matter if you don't win," to which I responded. Yes, it does. See my last post for the reason.
zapffe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #543 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

BREAKING NEWS

Lin seen pulling a talking snake out of his locker and placing it in his left shoe.

jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #544 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,375
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It really is ridiculous.

Lin fakes a shot Jose jumps up and bites on the shot and lin steps in and hits an 18 footer.

Devlin then says " Wow, Lin used his Harvard intelligence to hit that shot"

I'm paraphrasing but it's pretty much what he said. It's Linsane. lol
Stupid Devlin, that's not Lintelligent.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #545 (permalink)
alive outside

Member
 
zapffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
the Raptors just became the joke of the nba because of our "home" crowd
Knicks will ask to play their home games in ACC from now on
zapffe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #546 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,781
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Oh calm down. A little levity amongst all the hate.
Lol, it's all good bra. I know what you mean though, Devlin was juggling his balls after Lin made the winner
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #547 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,190
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapffe View Post
No. You said "being in a game doesn't matter if you don't win," to which I responded. Yes, it does. See my last post for the reason.
it doesn't.

would you be happy if we lost every game by 2 points instead of 10 points?
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #548 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,660
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Stupid DevLin, that's not Lintelligent.
Haverchuck, you should capitilize Lin at every opportunity.


Trane is right on this one Toraps, as good as Jose has been, now is the perfect time to trade him.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #549 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Demar Derozan needs to start praying to Jo Boo.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #550 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,907
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
You're not helping!!!
Why are you upset over Lin becoming a huge sensation? Its a good change of pace than the usual kobe & lebron shit. He came out of nowhere and its a great story. get over it
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #551 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Stupid Devlin, that's not Lintelligent.
I know! devlin's credibility as a sports announcer is not lincreasing.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #552 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,781
Representing:
Default

As we speak Devlin is linning his twitter, just wrote a blog about his boytoy too
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #553 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,190
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Trane is right on this one Toraps, as good as Jose has been, now is the perfect time to trade him.
thumbs d- wait, what???
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #554 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,375
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Haverchuck, you should capitilize Lin at every opportunity.

My bad.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #555 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,781
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Why are you upset over Lin becoming a huge sensation? Its a good change of pace than the usual kobe & lebron shit. He came out of nowhere and its a great story. get over it
I know he's a great story and proud of the guy, however I'm annoyed with the type of media coverage he's getting, and how the ACC was cheering him on.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #556 (permalink)
stripes

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,221
Representing:
Default

it's sad how excited the crowd reacts. he's not playing for team asia. he's playing for the knicks.

just4_raps is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #557 (permalink)
alive outside

Member
 
zapffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
it doesn't.

would you be happy if we lost every game by 2 points instead of 10 points?
That's a different type of question which has to do with psychology and has nothing to do with what is best for a team. To answer your question, no, I wouldn't be happy (because I am human) but that doesn't mean it is the best thing (losing by 10 pts vs 2 pts).

Let me give you an analogy: your hand shakes holding the trigger in a do-or-die situation because you are nervous, but that emotion is not helpful for your survival. A psychological reaction isn't always a beneficial one. So, me being unhappy losing by 2pts and feeling less unhappy losing by 10 pts is not a rational reaction. Rationally or after some time passes, yes, absolutely, losing by 2 pts is better. (Though if it happened all the time I would suspect the trigger example above is happening to our team.)
zapffe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #558 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
that's simply not true. if it was the 5 of us we would have nothing to build from in terms of getting better. i'm just continuing to make the point that i have made countless times. he's not a closer, not a defender, not a penetrator, and he's getting older. he's clearly not the guy to move forward with as our starter (and finisher).

he can drop all the stats he wants, but if we're losing close games and he's urning the ball over and getting beaten on the other end when it matters most, he's not doing what we need from him.
So the fact that we're playing without Bargs and Bayless right now doesn't matter at all eh? Jose should just be able to overcome ANY type of roster deficiency regardless? Cool. Good to know.

Here's a thought... maybe if the team didn't have to rely on Jose for the entire game he'd have a bit more gas in the 4th to close things out?

And why the hell are we even looking at Jose to be our closer anyway? Are we holding him to the same standards as Derrick Rose now?

Honestly.... lol... this is craziness. Might as well blame Kleiza for this loss as well. Who cares that he played well... we lost so he sucks! :cookie:
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #559 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,372
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
the Raptors just became the joke of the nba because of our "home" crowd
i agree with you, really disappointed with the home crowd
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #560 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,190
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
So the fact that we're playing without Bargs and Bayless right now doesn't matter at all eh? Jose should just be able to overcome ANY type of roster deficiency regardless? Cool. Good to know.

Here's a thought... maybe if the team didn't have to rely on Jose for the entire game he'd have a bit more gas in the 4th to close things out?

And why the hell are we even looking at Jose to be our closer anyway? Are we holding him to the same standards as Derrick Rose now?

Honestly.... lol... this is craziness. Might as well blame Kleiza for this loss as well. Who cares that he played well... we lost so he sucks! :cookie:
not sure how bayless (who is usually on the bench on crunch time) or Bargs (who doesn't handle the ball or defend guards) would have stopped jose from turning the ball over and then failing to guard lin on the last play.

again, you are trying to reframe someone else's point. the idea is that, despite playing great for most of the game, he failed us in the end because he can't do the things we need a pg to do when the game is on the line.


calling a guy a troll or crazy doesn't help your argument. it just makes you look more desperate.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24