Ford: Raps zero in on Knight, Biyombo, Leonard - Page 4
Old 06-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #61 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,754
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
JJ in this draft would be 20th... not 5th
I would say he'd be in around 10-12. Certainly not 5th, but not as low as 20th. Kahwi Leonard is likely going 7-8th and he's a similar player.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #62 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
JJ in this draft would be 20th... not 5th
20th are you kidding me? He was drafted at 16 ... we almost drafted him at #9. In this weak draft he would be top 5 easily.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #63 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,754
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
20th are you kidding me? He was drafted at 16 ... we almost drafted him at #9. In this weak draft he would be top 5 easily.
Easily? Are you high again?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #64 (permalink)
waiting...

Member
 
myklue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 463
Representing:
Default

im sorry i know it's only mixtapes and highlights of players play.. but Jonas Valanciunas is doo doo man. he just looks like a Alabi.. scrawny and can play good in internationally or euro... NOT IN THE NBA.
myklue is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #65 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I would say he'd be in around 10-12. Certainly not 5th, but not as low as 20th. Kahwi Leonard is likely going 7-8th and he's a similar player.
wherever Tobias Harris goes in this draft is where JJ would go
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #66 (permalink)
waiting...

Member
 
myklue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 463
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Kanter will be gone, Knight appeares to be 50/50, and Walker seems to be out of the question unless that's just a smoke screen.
Maybe BC believes Knight is available at #5, but I think if Knight is gone, im still hoping he picks Kemba.

As Eric Smith said, the list is down to four: pg, two bigs and one SF.

so who knows maybe its still Knight/Walker because I really don't see BC turning down Walker if Knight is gone, and he decides to pick a Center that should be a lower pick at #5. He mentioned hes going to pick the Best available player.
myklue is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #67 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,218
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myklue View Post
im sorry i know it's only mixtapes and highlights of players play.. but Jonas Valanciunas is doo doo man. he just looks like a Alabi.. scrawny and can play good in internationally or euro... NOT IN THE NBA.
Clearly, you haven't the faintest idea of the history of Lithuanian basketball.

Nor do you seem to be able to differentiate between a guy who blocks and shoots 16 footers all day to a guy who battles for the ball whenever he's near it and wants to slam the ball down the net at every opportunity.
10gizzle is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #68 (permalink)
waiting...

Member
 
myklue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 463
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
Clearly, you haven't the faintest idea of the history of Lithuanian basketball.

Nor do you seem to be able to differentiate between a guy who blocks and shoots 16 footers all day to a guy who battles for the ball whenever he's near it and wants to slam the ball down the net at every opportunity.
well i apologize if i'm being ignorant on lithuanian basketball, but i'm almost definite that this gamestyle you mentioned from Jonas will not be effective in the NBA. He's scrawny, big defensive centers like Dwight (of course) and Bogut to name a few, will shut him down.
myklue is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #69 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,529
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myklue View Post
well i apologize if i'm being ignorant on lithuanian basketball, but i'm almost definite that this gamestyle you mentioned from Jonas will not be effective in the NBA. He's scrawny, big defensive centers like Dwight (of course) and Bogut to name a few, will shut him down.
He's being compared to biedrins, if he jad a jumpshot and could shoot fts.
That's a pretty good player to be
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #70 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,218
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myklue View Post
well i apologize if i'm being ignorant on lithuanian basketball, but i'm almost definite that this gamestyle you mentioned from Jonas will not be effective in the NBA. He's scrawny, big defensive centers like Dwight (of course) and Bogut to name a few, will shut him down.
Yeah, I remember everyone saying the same thing about Noah.

Most, if not all 19-20 year olds who get drafted into the NBA are scrawny. They are still kids after all.

What matters is heart and work ethic. Watching him play, you can tell he loves what he does and is going to bust his ass to get better.

That's why high-motor guys are so respected throughout the league. On top of that, this kids got an endless wingspan, a VERY decent PnR game (especially for a youngin') and pretty fucking good hands.
10gizzle is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24