Ford: Five Deals That Should Happen - Page 2
Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Yea, we can be a team with no real start, biedrins will back up Bargs for 9mil a season, bellenei is overrated and will amount to not much, delfino style, i dont mind randolph altho i dont think he will be great, the future pick is interesting i guess, but a crapshoot mid pick most likely. Again, you dont trade franchise type guys for role players, unless you have a definate other franchise type guy, if your one of those AB is going to be that kinda ppl, more power to ya, i disagree. We would be looking for a Bosh type player after this deal and would prob have to deal more then we got to get one. I wouldnt even consider this deal, and im pretty sure neither would BC, altho alot of you like to talk for him :P
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,557
Representing:
Default

well i'm pretty sure if we got Beidrins, he'd be starting at Center and Bargs would play his natural position of PF.
but i thought that was just common sense.
throw in Turiaf as backup C.... and a couple of young skillful players in randolph and bellini, and we're laughing.
all of that for a 20/10 player, who is unhappy.
yeah, it sounds good to me.

Last edited by INSIDER; 02-17-2009 at 11:56 AM.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #23 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

AB's natural NBA position is C. But yes he could play PF. Again, a bunch of role players for a star, we have enough trouble getting stars here, i def wouldnt do it.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
Yea, we can be a team with no real start, biedrins will back up Bargs for 9mil a season, bellenei is overrated and will amount to not much, delfino style, i dont mind randolph altho i dont think he will be great, the future pick is interesting i guess, but a crapshoot mid pick most likely. Again, you dont trade franchise type guys for role players, unless you have a definate other franchise type guy, if your one of those AB is going to be that kinda ppl, more power to ya, i disagree. We would be looking for a Bosh type player after this deal and would prob have to deal more then we got to get one. I wouldnt even consider this deal, and im pretty sure neither would BC, altho alot of you like to talk for him :P
Biedrins would automatically become the 5. Why would he back up Bargnani? He's 22 years old, fantastic rebounder, and has a high field goal percentage. I can guarantee that he would be an all-star if was traded to the Raps.
Belinelli has proven that he can shoot the lights out when he gets playing time. He would automatically become the starting 2-guard next season. Turiaf would be the first guy off bench - good energy guy, plays solid D and is a good rebounder. Randolph is only 19 has room to blossom and if he does, he's got good length and would be a matchup nightmare, especially at the 3. The first rounder is a bonus.

Your love for Bosh is blinding you. I'm not sure if it's that or you attempting to be a shit disturber.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Im not sure if you realize how hard it is to come by frachise guys in this neck of the woods, and id only be willing to trade him for one in return. You are overestimating the potential of almost everybody in this deal to make your point LOL Bosh is already where you are hoping some of these guys could get.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
Im not sure if you realize how hard it is to come by frachise guys in this neck of the woods, and id only be willing to trade him for one in return. You are overestimating the potential of almost everybody in this deal to make your point LOL Bosh is already where you are hoping some of these guys could get.
What good is the franchise guy if you're not winning/leading you to victory? Sell high. Address other needs.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

So with this deal, we will do a ton of winning like GS is?
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

I think the "franchise" lable is what is blinding people.

Bosh is a good player, I like him, but he ain't great, and if you can upgrade team at 3 positions, well, in one move to allow an unhappy kid to leave, a kid who has wonky knee's..... ya, ya do it. Which is why this ain't happening.

It's too good to be true
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,995
Representing:
If BC is offered anything close to that and turns it down? Fire his ass!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

i like the guarantee allstar status of biedrens, i mean, at best in the east, you can get backup C for the next... i dunno, 12 years :P
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
So with this deal, we will do a ton of winning like GS is?
And we're winning right now?

Different conferences, different players to face. Sometimes you need a fresh start. Toronto's a better team with this deal.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,557
Representing:
Default

sorry Ugo, this 'all-star for all-star' trade you are dreaming of would be a horrible one for the Raps, IMO.
we've got Bosh now (an all-star), and we cant do squat!
so you think swapping Bosh for one guy (another allstar) will actually make a drastic change?
if we did that Amare trade, what real difference would that do? they pretty much average the exact same stats, they play the same position... the trade would amount to absolutely nothing when it all comes down to it.

the raps are a horrible team right now that are absolutely riddled with holes.
rebounding woes... no bench.... no heart.... poor defense..... (i can go on for days).
we need a bunch of people to fill those holes.
one 'all-star' cannot do it.
getting all of those players from GState would.
rebounding...toughness....D.....bench.... all in one fell swoop.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

if u say so i agree with the bulls assessment, alot of decent young talent, no direction, no leadership, no real star = medicore
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
sorry Ugo, this 'all-star for all-star' trade you are dreaming of would be a horrible one for the Raps, IMO.
we've got Bosh now (an all-star), and we cant do squat!
so you think swapping Bosh for one guy (another allstar) will actually make a drastic change?
if we did that Amare trade, what real difference would that do? they pretty much average the exact same stats, they play the same position... the trade would amount to absolutely nothing when it all comes down to it.

the raps are a horrible team right now that are absolutely riddles with holes.
rebounding woes... no bench.... no heart.... poor defense..... (i can go on for days).
we need a bunch of people to fill those holes.
one 'all-star' cannot do it.
getting all of those players from GState would.
rebounding...toughness....D.....bench.... all in one fell swoop.
I got this crazy outta the world idea, how about.... surrounding Bosh with real talent *GASP*, revolutionary i know, but it seems to have worked for other teams... but no, lets get rid of the key ingredient, and get everything else.... how about getting guys in like this without losing Bosh?? Then see how winning we are.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
i like the guarantee allstar status of biedrens, i mean, at best in the east, you can get backup C for the next... i dunno, 12 years :P
Ladies and gentlemen, short-sightedness at it's best!!
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,995
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
Yea, we can be a team with no real start, biedrins will back up Bargs for 9mil a season, bellenei is overrated and will amount to not much,
Huhhh?

Biedrins would start at C and Bargs would be our starting SF which is his natural position.As for Belinelli, he'd be our top SG as soon as the deal was done.If we re-sign Marion/AP this is our lineup next season, and it would be a top 4-6 team easily.

Jose/Ukic/Banks
Belinelli/AP/Kapono or Delfino (if BC can trade JK)
Marion/Randolph/Graham
Bargnani/Turiaf/Hump
Beidrins/Bargnani/Turiaf/Voskhul
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,557
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
I got this crazy outta the world idea, how about.... surrounding Bosh with real talent *GASP*, revolutionary i know, but it seems to have worked for other teams... but no, lets get rid of the key ingredient, and get everything else.... how about getting guys in like this without losing Bosh?? Then see how winning we are.
calderone...JO.....Parker......AB....et al.
it didnt work then. it wont work ever.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,185
Representing:
Default

That would be a great deal for us. A 14+12 type center whose improved every year since hes got in the league, a kid who is going to be a PLAYER in this league once he gets more experience in Randolph, hes got all the skills to be at least an allstar, a very good role player in Turiaf off the bench who can defend the star pfs of this league and block an insane amount of shots, and Belinelli who broke out this year when he had the chance to play and should be at least a solid off the bench guy.

Youd most definately take that deal and run, especially because Randolph has the potential to be one of the better pfs in the league down the road, where Biedrins is already a top 10 c. Easy trade.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,185
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Biedrins would start at C and Bargs would be our starting SF which is his natural position.
I hope you meant PF.

And anyone suggesting Bargs would start over Biedrins needs to get their head checked
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

Ok guess im outnumbered Players in Nellies system always seem to keep putting up big numbers everywhere and adjust to half court style easily.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grange: BC making deals to add assets jeffb Toronto Raptors 7 07-08-2009 10:37 PM
RealGM: Gordon, Villanueva Moving Towards Deals With Detroit CommunistCrunch NBA Talk 2 07-01-2009 02:45 PM
Did this happen to you?? Gurk Entertainment Lounge 7 04-08-2009 06:00 PM
Raptors Open to Making Deals Alvin_Williams_Rox Toronto Raptors 8 12-07-2008 01:34 PM
Seven deals that should happen (Raptor Content) Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 4 02-20-2008 08:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24