FINAL: Utah Jazz 140 - Toronto Raptors 133 - Page 35
Old 11-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #681 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,904
Representing:
Default

ugh
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #682 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 588
Representing:
Default

I fucking knew it.
I was hoping Casey wouldn't make a routine substitution to get AB in to finish the 4th.
Ed and Amir were magnificent in the first half of the 4th. What an effort!
It's sad that it doesn't surprise you anymore.
Not like Kyle by Lucas' shot anyway.
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #683 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Absolutely no excuse not to play him when it mattered. He had just 2 fouls and 9 BOARDS in 18 Minutes!
"We don't need huge, clutch offensive rebounding."

-Dwayne Casey
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #684 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
Game wouldn't have come down to that shot if the refs called a fair game. I hope they all drop dead.
well the refs are only doing what they're being told to do, which is screw the Raptors and help the american teams win, so you have to give them credit for following their job description so well
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #685 (permalink)
chillin like a gremlin

Senior Member
 
bigmandinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 749
Representing:
Default

I've never see reffing this consistently bad throughout an entire game.

If this were the Lakers losing a Triple OT game like the, the backlash would be enormous.
bigmandinky is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #686 (permalink)
not Drake, that's for sure

Kleiza's agent
 
Zalgiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,126
Representing:
Default

at least not a blowout
Zalgiris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #687 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmandinky View Post
I've never see reffing this consistently bad throughout an entire game.

If this were the Lakers losing a Triple OT game like the, the backlash would be enormous.
But it's the Raptors and the game took place in NBASiberia so it will be forgotten.
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #688 (permalink)
full of beans

Senior Member
 
Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 3,434
Representing:
Default

Crap. Still a good game. Freakish Al Jefferson 3.

I never thought I'd see the day where Demar is regularly getting 6 assists a game.

I was hoping for games like this this year with the Raps learning how to win close games.

The "no effort - not enough talent" nature of the last couple of games was freaking me out.

Tomorrow's game might suck or it might be an great display of heart.
Beans is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #689 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,691
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
well the refs are only doing what they're being told to do, which is screw the Raptors and help the american teams win, so you have to give them credit for following their job description so well
Comments like this always make me smh. Have you ever reffed a basketball game? I haven't but just from seeing it on my TV(in slow motion nonetheless) I can tell it is incredibly hard to make calls, let alone 100% accuracy.

Yeah, maybe there were bad calls, but there is always going to be bad calls, no matter who your team is. Maybe blame it on a missed shot here and there, or a costly turnover, but the officiating is just a bad excuse to use.
Carlos Danger is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #690 (permalink)
threes and free throws

Senior Member
 
Metallikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,635
Representing:
Default

Guys, Gray has more experience and Al Jeff would have made JV look stupid. He would have steamrolled Ed. I don't think that was the worst call, just that Jose should not have let him have an attempt. Also the possession where it was in Amir's hands the whole time was one of the worst I've seen ever. A few too many three by guys playing more than 48 minutes and it happens.
Metallikid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #691 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 588
Representing:
Default

A coupe of fouls on Kleiza, incl. "clear path" and some flopping under the basket were wrong. But it wasn't disgusting like some stars got away with things.
We should've won in regulation if Casey had some guts.
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #692 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,535
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
Guys, Gray has more experience and Al Jeff would have made JV look stupid. He would have steamrolled Ed. I don't think that was the worst call, just that Jose should not have let him have an attempt. Also the possession where it was in Amir's hands the whole time was one of the worst I've seen ever. A few too many three by guys playing more than 48 minutes and it happens.
Fuck that whole experience argument. Aaron Gray is a bonafide scrub. I would rather watch Ed Davis get "steamrolled" or JVs fouls, then watch Aaron Gray stink up the floor. Jeez.
Thug is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #693 (permalink)
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus
 
Torontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, home of the Nash-ites
Posts: 3,467
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
so the nba sets up a schedule to make the Raptors last in the conference and then cement that with come 1 sided reffing, thanks nba
Every start of season schedule for Raptors is brutal
Torontosaurus is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #694 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Comments like this always make me smh. Have you ever reffed a basketball game? I haven't but just from seeing it on my TV(in slow motion nonetheless) I can tell it is incredibly hard to make calls, let alone 100% accuracy.

Yeah, maybe there were bad calls, but there is always going to be bad calls, no matter who your team is. Maybe blame it on a missed shot here and there, or a costly turnover, but the officiating is just a bad excuse to use.
It was criminal all game. I'm not saying there was a nationalistic bias, but they had it out for the Raptors from the getgo.
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #695 (permalink)
threes and free throws

Senior Member
 
Metallikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,635
Representing:
Default

The calls that really irk me were the foul against Ed Davis when he was clearly in the attempt but didn't get shots, the clear path foul was pretty weak, Jose getting mauled on the trap and most importantly DeMar nailing the huge floater but not getting the and1. That should have been the game winning free throw there.

As always, What the fuck you gonna do?
Metallikid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #696 (permalink)
is what it is!!

cogito ergo sum
 
killabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 960
Representing:
Default

get rid off the stinckin italian, this team will go nowhere with him
killabee is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #697 (permalink)
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus
 
Torontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, home of the Nash-ites
Posts: 3,467
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moujik View Post
A coupe of fouls on Kleiza, incl. "clear path" and some flopping under the basket were wrong. But it wasn't disgusting like some stars got away with things.
We should've won in regulation if Casey had some guts.
I agree this game should've never went to OT - they were up by 10 with a few minutes to go but shot themselves in the foot instead as many expected
Torontosaurus is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #698 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontosaurus View Post
Every start of season schedule for Raptors is brutal
and that's why every season the Raptors are basically buried before anything even happens
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #699 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 588
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Fuck that whole experience argument. Aaron Gray is a bonafide scrub. I would rather watch Ed Davis get "steamrolled" or JVs fouls, then watch Aaron Gray stink up the floor. Jeez.
God forbid they put Bargnani on Jefferson. Ed came in and had to guard him while Bargnani was titfucking Favors, who btw neutralized AB like a vet
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #700 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,132
Representing:
Default

how is it a clear path foul when you're running beside the opponent and you basically foul him because you body check him??? doesn't he have to be ahead of you and you're pulling at him from behind?
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24