FINAL: Toronto RAPTORS 95 Indiana PACERS 82 - Page 23
Old 01-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #441 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,731
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Why bring the ball down after the catch?
He wasnt ready to get the ball considering Demar very rarely passes on fast break
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #442 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,191
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I was at game one vs the Nets in the first round. The atmosphere was crazy insane and easily better than this game, but the game itself didn't match up. This was the real deal all around.
Yeah I was there too. In the first quarter, the crowd noise was deafening it was so loud, but unfortunately NJ took the crowd out of it as they lead throughout. Still an absolutely awesome atmosphere though.

Quote:
I think the Raps can push em to 7 games
Wow.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #443 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,191
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
That play also stands out to me but I think that play is more JV's fault.

Why bring the ball down after the catch? George Hill isn't going to block you. Just go up strong as soon as you catch it and thats an easy two.

I do get what youre saying about Demar though he was a little late with the pass as well but I was moreso concerned about JV bringing the ball down for no apparent reason.

Both guys will learn from that play when Casey puts it on video for them.
Quote:
He wasnt ready to get the ball considering Demar very rarely passes on fast break
You're both wrong.



When Demar originally caught the ball, Hill was just past the half court line, and JV was already sprinting to the rim, just past the 3 point line. Instead of making the immediate pass, Demar takes TWO dribbles, essentially allowing Hill to catch up and get back in the play, and then made a slow lob pass to JV.

Yes, JV shouldnt have brought the ball down, something he rarely does as is, but it was Demars fault in not making the simple basketball play, in just catching and lead passing it to JV instantly, instead dribbling twice for no reason.

I'm sure nothing came of the play in the locker room, and it'll just be forgotten about, but I'm not a fan of players calling eachother out in such a fashion in game, especially since the play was Demars fault.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #444 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,096
Representing:
Default

I was confused by Demar's reaction to JV there. He could've made a way better delivery to jv. I also thought that was more Demar's fault.
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #445 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,984
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
You're both wrong.



When Demar originally caught the ball, Hill was just past the half court line, and JV was already sprinting to the rim, just past the 3 point line. Instead of making the immediate pass, Demar takes TWO dribbles, essentially allowing Hill to catch up and get back in the play, and then made a slow lob pass to JV.

Yes, JV shouldnt have brought the ball down, something he rarely does as is, but it was Demars fault in not making the simple basketball play, in just catching and lead passing it to JV instantly, instead dribbling twice for no reason.

I'm sure nothing came of the play in the locker room, and it'll just be forgotten about, but I'm not a fan of players calling eachother out in such a fashion in game, especially since the play was Demars fault.
Derozan isn't Einstein in the thinking dept, and if he's got some problem with JV ( and I think he had one last season), on court and in-game isn't the place to show it. Keep it in the locker-room, especially since JV is far more important to the future of this franchise.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #446 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,584
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
That was really enjoyable to watch. It's really weird watching how much this team has changed even since the first week that Gay was traded.

I don't think a Raptor team has rotated that well defensively since the VC playoff days. Everyone was on a string tonight, and the help defence inside by not only the bigs, but the guards too was so impressive. We cut off every easy opportunity they had inside. There were multiple plays where they got the ball inside, and in watching over the years, 98% of the time you know the opposing team was going to score, but tonight not only did they not score, they didn't even get a shot up because the rotation was there so quickly.

We played championship level defence tonight. That's mindblowing. I can remember at least 5 plays, as stated above, that the rotations were Miami or Indiana esque. West had 2 plays where he spun past his man, and the second big came over so quickly he couldnt even get an opportunity at the rim, had to pass it out late in the shot clock, and there was no room for the perimeter player to shoot either. Incredible stuff.

The only thing I didn't like was late in the game when Ross stole the ball from George, he threw it ahead to Demar, who pulled a Gay and dribbled it 3 times instead of making the easy alley oop or chest pass to JV who was waiting under the rim, and passed it too late. JV got fouled, but Demar had the audacity to call JV out for bringing the ball down, something he rarely does. News flash Demar, if you actually dribbled with your head up and made the easy pass, it would have been an easy 2 points. That pissed me off.

But other then that, that was a great win. We played so smart, we even drove it to the basket every time when we had the penalty in our favor. There was so many good things in this game it was truly a treat to watch.

Ross is by far the player of the game. He out played George, and shut him down. His quickness tonight on both ends was very encouraging.
Haha that was the main play why I was talking so much shit about DD last night. FUcking DD. Can't wait till he is gone
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #447 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,671
Representing:
Default

I think what demar was complaining was the fact JV didn't go for the alley-oop, which was was pretty stretching since it was clear demar never intended to throw it and would have been no reason for it since JV was wide open.

I'm not a huge fan on demar's attitude lately, he again missed a shot attempt at the end of the first half I think, this season he NEVER attempts shots in those circumstances which bothers me because it shows too much attention to stats. Newsflash to demar, the reason you are shooting 40% is NOT because of those last second attempts ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #448 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Scouting Specialist
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,760
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
You're both wrong.



When Demar originally caught the ball, Hill was just past the half court line, and JV was already sprinting to the rim, just past the 3 point line. Instead of making the immediate pass, Demar takes TWO dribbles, essentially allowing Hill to catch up and get back in the play, and then made a slow lob pass to JV.

Yes, JV shouldnt have brought the ball down, something he rarely does as is, but it was Demars fault in not making the simple basketball play, in just catching and lead passing it to JV instantly, instead dribbling twice for no reason.

I'm sure nothing came of the play in the locker room, and it'll just be forgotten about, but I'm not a fan of players calling eachother out in such a fashion in game, especially since the play was Demars fault.
Woah I didn't realize JV was that far ahead. You're right.

Its mostly DeMars fault. He needs to pass that rock.

JV needs to not bring it down but that is something I'm sure he will learn with time.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #449 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,584
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I think what demar was complaining was the fact JV didn't go for the alley-oop, which was was pretty stretching since it was clear demar never intended to throw it and would have been no reason for it since JV was wide open.

I'm not a huge fan on demar's attitude lately, he again missed a shot attempt at the end of the first half I think, this season he NEVER attempts shots in those circumstances which bothers me because it shows too much attention to stats. Newsflash to demar, the reason you are shooting 40% is NOT because of those last second attempts ...
Yea, I was loving his play earlier in the year but it has gone really south from there. He has not been a good team player of late, mainly trying to get his own stats half the time. Hopefully he turns it around if not hopefully MU trades him before his stock plummets anymore
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #450 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,191
Representing:
Default

Its pretty amazing how we're winning games with our lineup despite Demars offensive troubles:

Quote:
Over the last 12 games:
20.3 PPG (17.9 FGA), 5.3 RPG, 4.1 APG, 7.2 FTA, 39.5% FG, 17.6% 3PT, .483 TS%, 98 Ortg, 37.8 MPG
Also, for the TRoss fans:

Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #451 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,191
Representing:
Default

Also:

Quote:
Jonas Valanciunas is ranked 8th in Post Up (min 100 poss). He's ahead of Kevin Love, West, Duncan, Z-Bo, Boogie
GET THIS MAN THE BALL.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #452 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Also:



GET THIS MAN THE BALL.
Man f**k that s**t. DD needs to take 20 shots a game
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #453 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,118
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Shots fired:




-- Raptors guard Terrence Ross on team chemistry -
Rudy Gay.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #454 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,118
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
I think the Raps can push em to 7 games
We won one home game. Slow way down.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #455 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,671
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
We won one home game. Slow way down.
I also believe we can push them to 7 games. But only if the NBA changes the rules to make all 7 games mandatory, regardless of number of wins a team gets. We may even win game 7
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #456 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,584
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Man f**k that s**t. DD needs to take 20 shots a game
haha , I hate having to watch did overlook jv on so many damn plays just to jack up a fade away jumper
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #457 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Shots fired:




-- Raptors guard Terrence Ross on team chemistry -
Agendas, you say?
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:45 AM   #458 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Its pretty amazing how we're winning games with our lineup despite Demars offensive troubles:



Also, for the TRoss fans:

Terrence Ross 18 Points Full Highlights (1/1/2014) - YouTube
The steal and layup move at 0:24

N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #459 (permalink)
...

Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Espoo, Finland
Posts: 2,184
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I'm not a huge fan on demar's attitude lately, he again missed a shot attempt at the end of the first half I think, this season he NEVER attempts shots in those circumstances which bothers me because it shows too much attention to stats. Newsflash to demar, the reason you are shooting 40% is NOT because of those last second attempts ...
I hate that also. He keeps demanding for ball when there is like 2 secs left in a quater and we are inbounding from our end, but then never takes the shot. He just dribbles and throws it up once he is sure the time has expired. He is definately trying to avoid that missed shot.

Its not like you he would make the shot many times, but every now and then guys hit those and those are valuable 3 points for your team where as there is nothing to lose in missing (except stats).
Rudy-T is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24