FINAL: Toronto Raptors 85 • Chicago Bulls 79 - Page 11
Old 01-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #201 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,769
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsatun View Post
Even though his stats are not spectacular or anything, this is Vasquez's best game as a raptor
So nice to have a backup (and no stupid pg controversy) like Vas and I agree, when he was on the floor was when the Raps took the lead and then increased it in the fourth. I think GV's size and different style threw off the Bulls - right Captain Kirk

Nice to have a bench
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #202 (permalink)
threes and free throws

Senior Member
 
Metallikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,887
Representing:
Default

SO SO SO SO SO IMPRESSED!!!

I can't say how great this win was, it's one of our best games in half a decade. We beat what was a team that won 45 games last year in a better eastern conference, with a coach of the year, and two all-stars, in a game that ran at their pace, with their officiating, in their building and god damn we did it with heart and team execution.

I actually felt proud to be a Raptors fan.

And for that alone, FUCK TANKING.

Last edited by Metallikid; 01-01-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Metallikid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #203 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
The Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 2,672
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
Same here. Was almost sure he will be waived or flipped. So far so good. How come Hayes doesn't play at all though? I thought he is serviceable...
When you have Amir, JV, Patterson and Psycho T, all of them are better players than Hayes and are all 6'9 or taller compared to Hayes who at best is 6'6/6'7 and can only rebound. That is simply why he is not playing. Plus, if this team is about striving to get wins and make the playoffs, along with developing our young talent along the way, then there is no need to give valuable minutes for a young guy to a 30+ year old vet in Hayes.
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #204 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,908
Representing:
Default

Pleasantly surprised to see the final score this morning...i thought both teams looked like shit the 1st half
Did TO play well in the 2nd ?...or are the Bulls just anemic offensively ?
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #205 (permalink)
The Man Who Does Everything

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,606
Representing:
Default

Watched bits of the game today, but we werent playin as well. Looks like we picked it up in the 2nd half and won the game.

I was looking at the standing and if playoffs started today, I thik we would have a good chance at beating the Wizards advancing us to the 2nd round
JDMtors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #206 (permalink)
alive outside

Member
 
zapffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Pleasantly surprised to see the final score this morning...i thought both teams looked like shit the 1st half
Did TO play well in the 2nd ?...or are the Bulls just anemic offensively ?
We didn't play that well but just upped it up a notch in the 4th and Bulls couldn't match. Bulls this year are what they are and when our offense improved a bit they had no answers. IMO this was our worst game in the past few games but Bulls are no formidable opponent and just putting the effort in the 4th was enough. I'm impressed with our ability to come back in the 4th consistently.
zapffe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #207 (permalink)
alive outside

Member
 
zapffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMtors View Post
Watched bits of the game today, but we werent playin as well. Looks like we picked it up in the 2nd half and won the game.

I was looking at the standing and if playoffs started today, I thik we would have a good chance at beating the Wizards advancing us to the 2nd round
There's no way this team is capable of tanking and we'll make the playoffs unless we put a special effort to tank which doesn't make much sense anymore. Even then I'm not sure if we'd escape making the playoffs
zapffe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #208 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,336
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapffe View Post
There's no way this team is capable of tanking and we'll make the playoffs unless we put a special effort to tank which doesn't make much sense anymore. Even then I'm not sure if we'd escape making the playoffs
yes, in fact we'll make the playoffs even if we trade the entire team, we're that good. Unstoppable, really. Can't wait for tonight's game, I have a feeling we'll win this going away - this will be our statement game announcing the world there's a new title contender in the east. Be very afraid, Indiana, very afraid. We're coming for you.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #209 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,908
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
Be very afraid, Indiana, very afraid. We're coming for you.

A true litmus test for this club tonite
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #210 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,766
Representing:
Default

Just catching the whole game today, one thing that stands out is how far Valančiūnas is coming along in such a short time. He's caught up to the speed of the game and looks close to being a half step ahead consistently.

Just a couple of weeks ago i was thinking he was very close to being able to compete at the level he is now as a guy that positively impacts the result noticeably. Last night he had a ton of possessions where he did everything right but just came up short, not quite getting the bounce or not quite securing a rebound or not getting the call on defense. Without a doubt he still had a great impact, but now he looks really close to just having monster games that would make his teammates better. This is getting really fun.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #211 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,531
Representing:
Default

Quote:
chuck swirsky‏@swirsksk054
@knicksfan89 I love my bulls but pleased the raps are doing well. Toronto fans deserve a winner
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #212 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,600
Representing:
Default

I heard Casey did an excellent job managing rotations last night and nearly 40 minutes for JV, would you look at that...
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #213 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,336
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Just catching the whole game today, one thing that stands out is how far Valančiūnas is coming along in such a short time. He's caught up to the speed of the game and looks close to being a half step ahead consistently.

Just a couple of weeks ago i was thinking he was very close to being able to compete at the level he is now as a guy that positively impacts the result noticeably. Last night he had a ton of possessions where he did everything right but just came up short, not quite getting the bounce or not quite securing a rebound or not getting the call on defense. Without a doubt he still had a great impact, but now he looks really close to just having monster games that would make his teammates better. This is getting really fun.
I agree about JV, very happy with his progress lately. He's making a real impact at both ends and his stats are no longer empty numbers, he fought chandler and noah man to man and you can make a point he came on top every time.

very interested to see how he fares against hibbert, because traditionally he really struggled against his size.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24