FINAL Toronto 98 Brooklyn 102 - Page 6
Old 04-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #101 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonezz View Post
I'm sure you can figure it out.

Then your tripping because raps transition has been non-existent this year. All of our assists come from good ball movement in half-court during the reg. season.

On a side note,

Fuck outta here bro, coming back like it's the return of the king or something. You remind me of Ugo Ferst, just less amusing. Fuck boy.
Since the trade team was the 8th best defensive team in the nba, so couple solid defense equates to transisition offense wich opens the floor for Lowry to work, Demar to work, ross on kickouts etc. Our Transistion offense this past season was one of the best in the entire nba, and this team has struggled all year when forced to go slow down half court offense.

Although our pace was sort of middle of the pack in the nba, our transition offense was still key.

But your hurling of the word fuck and some other less literate objections do make a compelling case towards your side.

PS: Are you a surfer? or from jersey shore? cause the only time I heard someone actually calling someone a "bro" was by one of the two.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #102 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,970
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
You know what the ONLY difference between your two posts and mine was? I was attempting to use formalized language that, in theory, should hold the same meaning to everybody reading my post.

When you say "I don't think it will happen", it's exactly the same as saying "it has a low chance of happening". However, both have the same problem, they are ambiguous, a term like "low chance" could mean 1 in 10 to one guy and 3 in 10 to another. That makes it possible for people who believe the same thing to argue about it, on reasons of incompatible language. You could mean a 3 in 10 chance and say low, but I could consider 3 in 10 to be decent - using numbers we'd be friends, using words we'd be enemies

At no times I pretend that I am actually calculating said odds and after some complex formula, I reach that magical, precise number. Clearly, there is no possible way to calculate the odds. But that holds true regardless whether you use a numerical format or a low/high/likely/unlikely terminology.

That is the reason I like to use a lot numbers, I'm not involved with statistics, at least not since a few course I took about the time the Raptors were playing their first seasons in the league. I just like to eliminate as much confusion from conversations that are almost certainly going to result in endless arguments anyway. A matter of principle, really - as I used percentages in daily conversation for as long as I remember (to no great success, have to admit - for some reason many people are terrified of numbers).
Go clean your pocket protector, dude. Your pens are leaking. You're taking the joke too seriously.

The joke is more about you just being more negative in general. You sound like a Brooklyn fan in a bunch of your pre and post game analysis.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #103 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,970
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post

PS: Are you a surfer? or from jersey shore? cause the only time I heard someone actually calling someone a "bro" was by one of the two.
STFU, bruh.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #104 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,274
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Since the trade team was the 8th best defensive team in the nba, so couple solid defense equates to transisition offense wich opens the floor for Lowry to work, Demar to work, ross on kickouts etc. Our Transistion offense this past season was one of the best in the entire nba, and this team has struggled all year when forced to go slow down half court offense.

Although our pace was sort of middle of the pack in the nba, our transition offense was still key.

But your hurling of the word fuck and some other less literate objections do make a compelling case towards your side.

PS: Are you a surfer? or from jersey shore? cause the only time I heard someone actually calling someone a "bro" was by one of the two.
Our transition offense was not key, it was subpar - we actually don't have any good transition players, lowry has room for improvement, Ross doesn't run at all, while Derozan still struggles alot in those situations. Vasquez is actually probably the best decision maker in transition, and yet he's our slowest guard. Amir is decent.

Stonez is right, success this year came in large part from ball movement in the half court.

I think you just make stuff up; we were 26th in the nba in fast break points per game; 9.7. that's like 10% of our total. We were tied for 2nd last in fast break points per game at home at 9.6.

Last edited by bjjs; 04-25-2014 at 03:49 PM.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #105 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,274
Representing:
Default

I just don't understand how you could make a loosely based statement about us being a good transition team if you've actually watched Raptor basketball. The first instinct from all 4 of our guys once they get a rebound is to turn around and find Kyle. They don't even look to run despite Casey's best efforts at times to get them to do so.

Oh wait...I do understand, you need to stick with the idea that our half-court offense can't possibly be any good featuring Demar. It is hard to admit you're wrong, but sometimes it can be liberating.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #106 (permalink)
Fuck the Nets

Banging thai girls now.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 369
Representing:
Default

How can you expolite a team - Nets - that has no bench ?
Our bench is better.
RaptorsVictim is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #107 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,326
Representing:
Default

Our halfcourt offense is really good. We are actually lethal in transition, but we run very little. So the very high offensive efficiency largely comes from our halfcourt sets.
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #108 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,028
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsVictim View Post
How can you expolite a team - Nets - that has no bench ?
Our bench is better.
Outside of GV and Patterson our bench is not that impressive imo. TH is pretty good but is barely playing, same for Hayes.....and the more Salmons plays the more I want him gone. This bench needs to be added to this summer. I like this team but let's not go nuts here. Their bench is no worse then ours imo. At this point it's a matter of who steps up off the bench for either team.

I would keep my eye on Thornton tonight, he's been quiet so far but has had big games at home. I think he will be a factor tonight for them.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #109 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Our transition offense was not key, it was subpar - we actually don't have any good transition players, lowry has room for improvement, Ross doesn't run at all, while Derozan still struggles alot in those situations. Vasquez is actually probably the best decision maker in transition, and yet he's our slowest guard. Amir is decent.

Stonez is right, success this year came in large part from ball movement in the half court.

I think you just make stuff up; we were 26th in the nba in fast break points per game; 9.7. that's like 10% of our total. We were tied for 2nd last in fast break points per game at home at 9.6.
fast beak points per i do not consider a telling feature of transistion offense. It is a part absolutely and a pretty decent sized part, but not the complete story.

Ross always runs hard in transistion, down the wing and usually either curls behind net, or out to three pt line, Amir down the middle, Lowry and Demar straight at basket.

Big reason why not as many fast break points is simply because it either led to a foul draw, or a missed shot and then it got kicked out.

Its about letting the defense get set, if the defense is set we suck on offense, if they don't get the chance, or are kept scrambling, we, like every other team in the nba, are much much better offensively
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #110 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
I just don't understand how you could make a loosely based statement about us being a good transition team if you've actually watched Raptor basketball. The first instinct from all 4 of our guys once they get a rebound is to turn around and find Kyle. They don't even look to run despite Casey's best efforts at times to get them to do so.

Oh wait...I do understand, you need to stick with the idea that our half-court offense can't possibly be any good featuring Demar. It is hard to admit you're wrong, but sometimes it can be liberating.
any offense featuring demar is at best mediocre, hell demar is better when defenses dont get set, for example see first 2 playoff games against old men.

Like DanH said this team is Lethal in transistion, and at times this season could beat any team with offense off their defense. Not letting the defenses set.

non of this is to take away from what the halfcourt offense can do, just as far as efficiency goes, it isn't nearly as good, unless it is against a pg that Lowry can tear up for 25 and 10.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #111 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,274
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
any offense featuring demar is at best mediocre, hell demar is better when defenses dont get set, for example see first 2 playoff games against old men.

Like DanH said this team is Lethal in transistion, and at times this season could beat any team with offense off their defense. Not letting the defenses set.

non of this is to take away from what the halfcourt offense can do, just as far as efficiency goes, it isn't nearly as good, unless it is against a pg that Lowry can tear up for 25 and 10.
A team lethal in transition finds ways to run. We were 26th out of 30 NBA teams in fast break points. Keep stretching.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #112 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
A team lethal in transition finds ways to run. We were 26th out of 30 NBA teams in fast break points. Keep stretching.

Read my second post, i dont think it is a stretch at all.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #113 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,468
Representing:
Default

Well not going DT anymore, the weather is shit. Going to watch it from home!!!
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #114 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,669
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box92 View Post
Well not going DT anymore, the weather is shit. Going to watch it from home!!!
Drake is confirmed to be there tonight watching it outside with the loyals.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #115 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,468
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Drake is confirmed to be there tonight watching it outside with the loyals.
Hmm so I expect it gets filled up with 25% raptor fans and 75% drake fan girls who probably ended up waiting in line soon as he tweeted he was going
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #116 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,669
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box92 View Post
Hmm so I expect it gets filled up with 25% raptor fans and 75% drake fan girls who probably ended up waiting in line soon as he tweeted he was going
I'm impressed he's actually going out there in this weather, I respect that.

It says a lot about the city if we can get it filled up even on a rainy day.

Gonna be a few drizzles tonight

Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #117 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Since the trade team was the 8th best defensive team in the nba, so couple solid defense equates to transisition offense wich opens the floor for Lowry to work, Demar to work, ross on kickouts etc. Our Transistion offense this past season was one of the best in the entire nba, and this team has struggled all year when forced to go slow down half court offense.

Although our pace was sort of middle of the pack in the nba, our transition offense was still key.

But your hurling of the word fuck and some other less literate objections do make a compelling case towards your side.

PS: Are you a surfer? or from jersey shore? cause the only time I heard someone actually calling someone a "bro" was by one of the two.
I don't care about making a compelling case to you, bro. All I got from your post is that you watch jersey Shore.
Stonezz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #118 (permalink)
is is is is in in in in a a a a cave cave cave cave

Senior Member
 
rockthetdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,091
Representing:
Default

I was going to go, glad I didn't, it's gonna be a shit-show with Drake being there. Definitely going to get shittered there on Sunday though, sure hope it's not Drake day again. Ain't nobody got time for that.
rockthetdot is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #119 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,917
Representing:
Default

Drake isn't all that bad. I'm not a fan of his music but he seems like an OK dude.
Stonezz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #120 (permalink)
is is is is in in in in a a a a cave cave cave cave

Senior Member
 
rockthetdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,091
Representing:
Default

I just don't want a group of screaming Drake fans in my ear, it was bad enough during the Italy|Spain match a couple of years ago, and he didn't even announce that. They're just making sure the whole stage and outdoor scene wasn't set up all for naught, especially with the rain.
rockthetdot is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24