FINAL Toronto 98 Brooklyn 102 - Page 5
Old 04-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #81 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,925
Representing:
Default

Well last game, I believe we were down 11-1 at one point. And the first game, not sure if it was the first few minutes but it was for sure in the first Q, but JV was the only one who could score.

Might not seem like it matters much, but if we could play a full 48, we'd be better off.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #82 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,995
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
ah, well, maybe Moremilk and jeffb can hook up to watch the game. Moremilk can formulate statistical probabilities of the Raps losing both games while Jeff shouts "R.I.P." every time the Raps turnover the ball or Brooklyn hits a shot.
I'm not the one picking them to lose the next two games. In fact I picked them to win the series....so much for trying to be positive.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #83 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I'm not the one picking them to lose the next two games. In fact I picked them to win the series....so much for trying to be positive.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #84 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,982
Representing:
Default

Just enjoy this game, and don't try to think logically, because logic would not have told you that Wash would be 2-0 versus Chi, Portland would be 2-0 against the Rockets, ATL would be 2-1 versus the Pacers, MEM would be 2-1 vs OKC( Durant 0/8 from 3?).

This is gonna be one freaky playoff season, cuz the book is being thrown out the window.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #85 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,086
Representing:
Default

I was listening to Brady and Walker on the FAN this morning discuss basketball - what a mistake. Brady was saying the Raptors can't play half-court and rely on fast-break and isolation plays. WTF. Had to turn these puckheads off.
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #86 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,925
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
Just enjoy this game, and don't try to think logically, because logic would not have told you that Wash would be 2-0 versus Chi, Portland would be 2-0 against the Rockets, ATL would be 2-1 versus the Pacers, MEM would be 2-1 vs OKC( Durant 0/8 from 3?).

This is gonna be one freaky playoff season, cuz the book is being thrown out the window.
Unusual start for the NBA playoffs, usually follows the formula closer.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #87 (permalink)
Northern Uprising

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 85
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
Let's go raps, I don't see them taking this one but hopefully we come out strong and aren't affected by their crowd
We had a great road record and never let any away game get to us, and Brooklyn is nowhere near as loud as Toronto. Might start off loud/angry about the fuck brooklyn, but more nerves for the nets.
scarfox is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #88 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
Just enjoy this game, and don't try to think logically, because logic would not have told you that Wash would be 2-0 versus Chi, Portland would be 2-0 against the Rockets, ATL would be 2-1 versus the Pacers, MEM would be 2-1 vs OKC( Durant 0/8 from 3?).

This is gonna be one freaky playoff season, cuz the book is being thrown out the window.
Um logic stated for me that Portland would obliterate Houston. But maybe my logic is screwy :P. Houston plays no D, they are not a playoff style team as long as harden makes it a 4v5 defensively.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #89 (permalink)
Raptors for ever

Raptors for ever
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
lol
Do not worry, I am not a cop
RaptorsVictim is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #90 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsVictim View Post
Do not worry, I am not a cop
that is not a good thing....sigh....


Donuts and red stripped pants....
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #91 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonezz View Post
I was listening to Brady and Walker on the FAN this morning discuss basketball - what a mistake. Brady was saying the Raptors can't play half-court and rely on fast-break and isolation plays. WTF. Had to turn these puckheads off.
Playing halfcourt the first two games, while trying to maintain touches for Demar on the perimeter has led to some poor offense. they werent totally wrong at all.

We play much better in the halfcourt when Ross is making shots and the offense is exclusively JV and Lowry.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #92 (permalink)
upset that he is forced to write something here

Senior Member
 
macs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The centre of the universe
Posts: 703
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
I think give Ross another chance at starting, he needs to use the opportunity to learn here.

But Feilds as potentially first off the bench, and GV/Pat as next n line.
Whey hey! Snooch is back. Looking forward to your posts.
macs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #93 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,086
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Playing halfcourt the first two games, while trying to maintain touches for Demar on the perimeter has led to some poor offense. they werent totally wrong at all.

We play much better in the halfcourt when Ross is making shots and the offense is exclusively JV and Lowry.
bruh he wasn't talking about just the playoffs he said that's how we got to the playoffs, go back to real gm bruh
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #94 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,663
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
I believe it's possible, but don't think it will happen. I would be pleasantly surprised. I hope you're right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
I certainly wouldn't put money on it happening. But, having said that, being tied for the best road record in the conference makes it more believable. It's a possibility I can entertain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
Given how close the first two games were, I'd say we have about 40% chance to win either game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Moremilk can formulate statistical probabilities of the Raps losing both games
You know what the ONLY difference between your two posts and mine was? I was attempting to use formalized language that, in theory, should hold the same meaning to everybody reading my post.

When you say "I don't think it will happen", it's exactly the same as saying "it has a low chance of happening". However, both have the same problem, they are ambiguous, a term like "low chance" could mean 1 in 10 to one guy and 3 in 10 to another. That makes it possible for people who believe the same thing to argue about it, on reasons of incompatible language. You could mean a 3 in 10 chance and say low, but I could consider 3 in 10 to be decent - using numbers we'd be friends, using words we'd be enemies

At no times I pretend that I am actually calculating said odds and after some complex formula, I reach that magical, precise number. Clearly, there is no possible way to calculate the odds. But that holds true regardless whether you use a numerical format or a low/high/likely/unlikely terminology.

That is the reason I like to use a lot numbers, I'm not involved with statistics, at least not since a few course I took about the time the Raptors were playing their first seasons in the league. I just like to eliminate as much confusion from conversations that are almost certainly going to result in endless arguments anyway. A matter of principle, really - as I used percentages in daily conversation for as long as I remember (to no great success, have to admit - for some reason many people are terrified of numbers).
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #95 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonezz View Post
bruh he wasn't talking about just the playoffs he said that's how we got to the playoffs, go back to real gm bruh
!) Why didn't you say that they were referring to the regualr season in regards to their transistion being the best part of their offense. Because that makes no difference to my response. The Raps are a MUCH better transisition team off of their defense. And FAR worse and constructing anything positive out of the halfcourt. Now I didn't hear the show, but based off of your comments, it doesn't sound off to me.

2) What is a bruh?
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #96 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,086
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
!) Why didn't you say that they were referring to the regualr season in regards to their transistion being the best part of their offense. Because that makes no difference to my response. The Raps are a MUCH better transisition team off of their defense. And FAR worse and constructing anything positive out of the halfcourt. Now I didn't hear the show, but based off of your comments, it doesn't sound off to me.

2) What is a bruh?
I'm sure you can figure it out.

Then your tripping because raps transition has been non-existent this year. All of our assists come from good ball movement in half-court during the reg. season.

On a side note,

Fuck outta here bro, coming back like it's the return of the king or something. You remind me of Ugo Ferst, just less amusing. Fuck boy.
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #97 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Rene_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,036
Representing:
Default

What on earth is going on in this thread?

Go Raps, pound the rock , fuck Brooklyn, let's focus on the important things.
Rene_13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #98 (permalink)
Is too short to dunk

Member
 
Young Gunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 197
Representing:
Default

Lol sid was asking ujiri to not sit in the stands for his safety
Young Gunz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #99 (permalink)
Is hating ISO ball

Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 186
Representing:
Default

I wanna see Hansbourgh walk onto the court, go to mid court, wipe off his shoes like he has crap on them right on the nets logo.

deaner is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #100 (permalink)
Playoffs Baby

Member
 
baigs353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 136
Representing:
Default

Game 3 Preview NBA.COM
baigs353 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24