FINAL Toronto 98 Brooklyn 102 - Page 3
Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,296
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
Baseless, weird feeling...but I think if we win game 3, we're eliminating BK in game 5.
this is going 7, I don't think we win game 3. game 4 is a different story..
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:38 PM   #42 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,207
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
this is going 7, I don't think we win game 3. game 4 is a different story..
I tend to agree...

For some reason I just feel the Raptors, if they start playing like the team they are, will destroy this BK team.

We've had 2 close games now and I've felt we've played like total SHIT in both.

If they can just have one of those dominant performances and prove it to themselves, they can make easy work of this team.
10gizzle is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #43 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,102
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
I tend to agree...

For some reason I just feel the Raptors, if they start playing like the team they are, will destroy this BK team.

We've had 2 close games now and I've felt we've played like total SHIT in both.

If they can just have one of those dominant performances and prove it to themselves, they can make easy work of this team.
I agree.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:15 AM   #44 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,102
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He's going to be there? Wow, the man's got some balls.
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #45 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,296
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Random stat of the day:
yeah, but that's one of those stats that are way too generic to take at face value. Hollinger always had some good insights in this respect. The number changes dramatically when you qualify a series with more details.

For example, if the road team wins game 3, the percentage is a LOT higher than when the home team wins it. So Nets winning would only mean they have maybe 60% chance to move on, while us winning would give us maybe 85% etc. Which seeds are facing off also makes a difference, and so does the number of wins in the regular season and so on.

I just don't remember any actual stats, but it's safe to say that game 3 is a lot more "must win" for them than for us.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #46 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 821
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
I tend to agree...

For some reason I just feel the Raptors, if they start playing like the team they are, will destroy this BK team.

We've had 2 close games now and I've felt we've played like total SHIT in both.

If they can just have one of those dominant performances and prove it to themselves, they can make easy work of this team.
Nets also been playing horrendous as well and that what worries me. Raptors really need to capitalize and win game 3. If ross just scores a couple of threes and raps get less then 14 TO, I see a win but tbh, I don't see them getting any better in Game 3.
omar36 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:55 AM   #47 (permalink)
is full of beans

Senior Member
 
Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 3,845
Representing:
Default

go Ross
Beans is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:02 AM   #48 (permalink)
Fuck the Nets

Banging thai girls now.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 364
Representing:
Default

To my beloved team :

"Remove the fears from your heart, and show those old fucking bags that we are better."
RaptorsVictim is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #49 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,395
Representing:
Default

If GV continues to be the only player able to drive and kick out the ball, things won't get better for us. We are a passing and 3 point shooting team. Nets have eliminated what we do best offensively.

Casey, needs to find schemes to enable Lowry to get some space to drive the ball ... De Colo is our next best option to help. Thank god for GV in Game 2 ... he was able to make some tough drives and baskets, mixed with some kick-outs.

If we don't find a solution, the turnovers will continue.

We know DD can't dribble under extreme 1:1 pressure ... boy it would be nice to have a more mature Ross with handles and drives to the hole ... If Ross is even able to do this once per game, this would open up the floor ... WE NEED ROSS .... DRIVE AND MAKE SOME THREE's

Our defense needs to continue to play hard and get the rebounds ... this has kept us in the games.

LETS GO Raptors ...
Carlito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #50 (permalink)
Is The:

Chairman of the Boards
 
gdaytday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,252
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
If GV continues to be the only player able to drive and kick out the ball, things won't get better for us. We are a passing and 3 point shooting team. Nets have eliminated what we do best offensively.

Casey, needs to find schemes to enable Lowry to get some space to drive the ball ... De Colo is our next best option to help. Thank god for GV in Game 2 ... he was able to make some tough drives and baskets, mixed with some kick-outs.

If we don't find a solution, the turnovers will continue.

We know DD can't dribble under extreme 1:1 pressure ... boy it would be nice to have a more mature Ross with handles and drives to the hole ... If Ross is even able to do this once per game, this would open up the floor ... WE NEED ROSS .... DRIVE AND MAKE SOME THREE's

Our defense needs to continue to play hard and get the rebounds ... this has kept us in the games.

LETS GO Raptors ...
GV played pretty well in game two but if I was going to "thank god" for anyone at this point it would be Jonas. He's been a beast through both games. To me, he's been the most encouraging thing we've seen in the playoffs. Consistent, staying out of foul trouble, not backing down to anyone. He's really displaying a lot of signs that we'd like to see from a young big man.

It was great seeing Demar hit the clutch shots late in game 2 as well. If he misses those his confidence level is likely at an all time low.
gdaytday is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:32 AM   #51 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,132
Representing:
Default

Game day!
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #52 (permalink)
SOS
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Representing:
Default

for some reason I have a good feeling about this one.

SOS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #53 (permalink)
Schweinsteiger7

Senior Member
 
Rene_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,007
Representing:
Default

So excited for this one. I'm interested to see what kind of crowd shows up for the Nets. If they're clearly a level below what we brought in Toronto, it may help boost the Raps morale.

I'm not sure how I feel about this game win/loss wise. My gut feeling tells me to be weary of coming to any conclusion, but a more calm/poised team should show up, which will def work in our favour. We need to utilize fields as much as possible on JJ and maybe throw him on Pierce and see how that pans out. I'd love to see Ross come out and hit some shots. He makes our offense much more difficult to guard if he's playing well. Either way, this is going to be an intense game.

Wonder if Drake and Masai will be sitting together?
Rene_13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #54 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,838
Representing:
Default

Raps will lose by approx 10 in the first game...and lose a tight 2nd game

sorry, but that's my gut feeling...seriously hope i'm wrong though
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #55 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,895
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Raps will lose by approx 10 in the first game...and lose a tight 2nd game

sorry, but that's my gut feeling...seriously hope i'm wrong though
Your Banned until the series is over
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #56 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,102
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene_13 View Post
So excited for this one. I'm interested to see what kind of crowd shows up for the Nets. If they're clearly a level below what we brought in Toronto, it may help boost the Raps morale.

I'm not sure how I feel about this game win/loss wise. My gut feeling tells me to be weary of coming to any conclusion, but a more calm/poised team should show up, which will def work in our favour. We need to utilize fields as much as possible on JJ and maybe throw him on Pierce and see how that pans out. I'd love to see Ross come out and hit some shots. He makes our offense much more difficult to guard if he's playing well. Either way, this is going to be an intense game.

Wonder if Drake and Masai will be sitting together?
If it was the Knicks they would definitely have a chance to bring the same or close to the same energy, but the Nets' crowd is for sure a level below us. I'm pretty sure a lot of people in Brooklyn don't even know or care about this series.
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #57 (permalink)
is is is is in in in in a a a a cave cave cave cave

Senior Member
 
rockthetdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,075
Representing:
Default

Raps are gonna get their shit together and win both in Brooklyn, I got a feeling! It's kinda like the hungover, puking-limbo feeling, so it could go either way.
rockthetdot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #58 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,312
Representing:
Default

Quote:
for some reason I have a good feeling about this one.
I honestly don't know how to feel, the game can go either way

But I think they will be more focused on the road, I am actually more confident with this team on the road.. maybe because most of their heartbreaking losses over the past 5 losing seasons have come at home, and we were a strong team on the road this season
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #59 (permalink)
in Masai I trust

Member
 
cheekykent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 327
Representing:
Default

went to sleep thinking about this game. woke up and that was the 1st thing on my mind.

too excited for tonight! LET'S GO RAPS!
cheekykent is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #60 (permalink)
hardly home but always reppin'

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 124
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Raps will lose by approx 10 in the first game...and lose a tight 2nd game

sorry, but that's my gut feeling...seriously hope i'm wrong though
Smh.
ejeezy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24