FINAL: Toronto 97 Milwaukee 90
Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,599
Representing:
Bucks FINAL: Toronto 97 Milwaukee 90

Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Schweinsteiger7

Senior Member
 
Rene_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,007
Representing:
Default

Pretty important game, as you don't want to go into Miami who's currently lost 2 straight with a 1-2 record. That being said, I'm not going to pretend there weren't clear negatives in last night's game. Like Rudy's overall play, Jonas looked pretty poor and was really considered an option by his teammates, the bench only had one good stint, Amir kinda looked like he was still at the zombie walk. However, it's too early in the season to conclude that it's time to tank. Philly is 2-0 right now, and have had two almost shocking wins vs Miami and Washington. Lots of teams right now are getting wins they shouldn't be, and teams are still adjusting. The Raps should turn it around tonight.
Rene_13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
taking you to school

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,333
Representing:
Default

We're in better tank position than Phoenix and Philly right now, and equal to Charlotte and Sacramento. I like how this buys us more time to evaluate our current roster.

The Celtics will be a problem though.
ZanTheMan is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,757
Representing:
Default

I think DeRozan had his best game as a Raptor yesterday I hope he keeps attacking!!;
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,850
Representing:
Default

2 games in and already you can see just how much of a clusterfuck this team is

no running ball screen action whatsoever
atrocious 3 pt shooting...Amir is becoming a black AB
terrible rotations
low ball IQ right across the board
iso heavy offense
every player is a below average passer
half of the squad can't defend worth a shit
LF/TH aside...bench is filled with D-Leaguers
















but we got Drake !
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,915
Representing:
Default

If we lose this, oh boy.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,098
Representing:
Default

Rudy will probably come out determined tonight. He was very blunt in his post game interview, he knew he was shit
0nekhmer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,308
Representing:
Default

Raptors 93

Milwaukee 99
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,069
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
2 games in and already you can see just how much of a clusterfuck this team is

no running ball screen action whatsoever
atrocious 3 pt shooting...Amir is becoming a black AB
terrible rotations
low ball IQ right across the board
iso heavy offense
every player is a below average passer
half of the squad can't defend worth a shit
LF/TH aside...bench is filled with D-Leaguers
















but we got Drake !
yep this is exactly why I want to get rid of this core and get rid of the fact we are always a treadmill team. TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

I hear that Knight is out so it will be Neal/Mayo/Butler/Ilyasova/Sanders which isn't bad when you think about it. They're consistent on d and have some sort of gameplan and logic. What are the chances DD and RG take 20+shots each again? I would've said 15 but let's be honest they're going to take at least that many shots each.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
2 games in and already you can see just how much of a clusterfuck this team is

no running ball screen action whatsoever
atrocious 3 pt shooting...Amir is becoming a black AB
terrible rotations
low ball IQ right across the board
iso heavy offense
every player is a below average passer
half of the squad can't defend worth a shit
LF/TH aside...bench is filled with D-Leaguers
















but we got Drake !
+1

Also:

You'd thought you'd seen many isos in your life but 1 man hopes to change that. Dwane Casey is that man. Using isos and wing isos like no other coach has used before. Using players that work horribly for smallball is his way instead of playing a big who's supposed to be the future of the franchise. A wing iso will be used to then use another wing iso before Casey having his opponents in his clutches by using yet another wing iso. Wing isos - the Dwane Casey story.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Go watch some western conference ball and you quickly realize our talent doesn't even compare. The ball movement, off ball movement, shooting skill, shot selection.... it's amazing to watch.

Again, John Lucas buying in and not chucking in Utah.... that says it all about our culture.

I wonder if Casey has ever pulled the reins back on our wings......
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,304
Representing:
Default

it'll be an ugly win.
th3answ3r is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,098
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Go watch some western conference ball and you quickly realize our talent doesn't even compare. The ball movement, off ball movement, shooting skill, shot selection.... it's amazing to watch.

Again, John Lucas buying in and not chucking in Utah.... that says it all about our culture.

I wonder if Casey has ever pulled the reins back on our wings......
This. I was watching the warriors and they're insanely unselfish. Curry only shot the ball 7 times, letting guys like Lee, iggy, and Thompson score. This team has far too many iso play, guys stop moving once Rudy or demar get the ball..
0nekhmer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Go watch some western conference ball and you quickly realize our talent doesn't even compare. The ball movement, off ball movement, shooting skill, shot selection.... it's amazing to watch.

Again, John Lucas buying in and not chucking in Utah.... that says it all about our culture.

I wonder if Casey has ever pulled the reins back on our wings......
"Rudy is our go to guy, I always tell him to go go go!"

-Dwane Casey
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,742
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
"Rudy is our go to guy, I always tell him to go go go!"

-Dwane Casey
Here's hoping it's Bucks 117 Raptors 89. Casey can say again it's a growth process and Devlin can say, Demar was great getting 26 the night after getting 31. Dwane, close the door behind you.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,915
Representing:
Default

What he said ^^
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,357
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
"Rudy is our go to guy, I always tell him to go go go!"

-Dwane Casey
I've really come to hate that term... "go-to-guy".

Here's a novel idea.... how about we establish a strong TEAM-oriented offense rather than relying on a single player to carry the load?

Gay is not Lebron.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,712
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I've really come to hate that term... "go-to-guy".

Here's a novel idea.... how about we establish a strong TEAM-oriented offense rather than relying on a single player to carry the load?

Gay is not Lebron.
The problem with that is that Rudys offensive game doesnt fit into a motion type of offence because of his reliance on isolations. He doesnt have the mindset or offensive arsenal to be a catch and go type of player, or catch and shoot player if offence is created for him off of the dribble. If you create that type of offence, then Rudy may be limited and thus limit his value will go down. Since hes seen as our best player and he's the highest paid player, unless we had a distinguished respected coach, your idea will never happen unfortunately.

We'd be a bit better off if we played a motion type of offence, since we'd involve our bigs more, and gets shots closer to the rim more often, and also get better jumpshot opportunities off of drive and kick. The thing is our coach isn't good enough to impliment it, plus our 1-3 positions just dont fit together IMO in any offence in todays NBA. We have 2 clones at 2-3, and a PG who is better in screen roll and transition, but we utilize him in neither, but again, if he was the head of the snake in the motion offence, and kicking out to Demar and Gay on the perimeter for open looks, our offence still wouldnt be that good because they cant shoot.

Our team makeup is fucked, and I'm sure Masai will fix that sooner rather than later.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,357
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
The problem with that is that Rudys offensive game doesnt fit into a motion type of offence because of his reliance on isolations. He doesnt have the mindset or offensive arsenal to be a catch and go type of player, or catch and shoot player if offence is created for him off of the dribble. If you create that type of offence, then Rudy may be limited and thus limit his value will go down. Since hes seen as our best player and he's the highest paid player, unless we had a distinguished respected coach, your idea will never happen unfortunately.

We'd be a bit better off if we played a motion type of offence, since we'd involve our bigs more, and gets shots closer to the rim more often, and also get better jumpshot opportunities off of drive and kick. The thing is our coach isn't good enough to impliment it, plus our 1-3 positions just dont fit together IMO in any offence in todays NBA. We have 2 clones at 2-3, and a PG who is better in screen roll and transition, but we utilize him in neither, but again, if he was the head of the snake in the motion offence, and kicking out to Demar and Gay on the perimeter for open looks, our offence still wouldnt be that good because they cant shoot.

Our team makeup is fucked, and I'm sure Masai will fix that sooner rather than later.
I don't know why the hell more NBA teams don't try to implement the Princeton offense (or something of the sort). I'd kill to see Amir/JV/Psycho T passing out of the post to cutters.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24