Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   FINAL: Toronto 101 - Sacramento 109 (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/final-toronto-101-sacramento-109-a-26485.html)

jeffb 02-04-2014 07:40 PM

FINAL: Toronto 101 - Sacramento 109
 
Raptors (26-22, 6-4 in L10) @ Kings (16-32, 2-8 in L10)

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

10:07 p.m. Tip Off

Sleep Train Arena

Sportsnet


Quote:

Lowry (knee soreness) when asked how he's feeling after a light practice in Sacramento: "Good. Great. Fantastic. Unbelievable. Happy. Smiling." Coach Casey says Lowry expected to play Wednesday vs. Kings.


DuCa00795 02-04-2014 07:59 PM

Jeff, stop padding that post count :mu: lol

LOG 02-04-2014 08:10 PM

Those cowgirls look like they need a ride or should I say something to ride? :jack:

Thug 02-04-2014 08:12 PM

Impressed with this game thread jeff

That being said, this games on sportsnet one not sportsnet.

jeffb 02-04-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thug (Post 863944)
Impressed with this game thread jeff

That being said, this games on sportsnet one not sportsnet.

My TV says the game is on SN Ontario/East/West/Pacific

SN1 has Primetime Sports on tomorrow night at 10.

lankganglia 02-04-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thug (Post 863944)
Impressed with this game thread jeff

That being said, this games on sportsnet one not sportsnet.

I thought it was sn, but then the raptors site says sn1

jeffb 02-04-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lankganglia (Post 863948)
I thought it was sn, but then the raptors site says sn1

I think it's been switched to SN

jeffb 02-04-2014 08:50 PM

How ironic.......


Quote:

Josh Lewenberg‏@JLew1050·
Salmons: "We're all just thankful... Coming from where we're coming from I thank god everyday that he put us in a situation like this"

10gizzle 02-04-2014 08:53 PM

This has to be a beat down.

We need to start suffocating lesser opponents.

jeffb 02-04-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10gizzle (Post 863954)
This has to be a beat down.

We need to start suffocating lesser opponents.

Mehh, this is far from an easy game. They have quite a bit of talent and In the East they'd be a playoff team imo.

Ball Don't Lie 02-04-2014 08:59 PM

This should be a really tough game to win, with Rudy looking to obliterate us, DeMarcus being on fire this season, and Lowry not being 100% having to chase IT around screens all night.

The key to this game will be the 1st quarter, as DeMarcus really looks to get his game off early, and I think it would be in our best interest to double the post to not only prevent the quick start, but to keep JV out of foul trouble. There's no way Hayes can guard DeMarcus, he did a good job on Aldridge, but Aldridge is more of a finesse player, whereas DMC has really learned how to score in any scenario this season, and I think not only his size, but his quickness will kill Hayes if matched up for a long period of time.

We should put Demar on Rudy, just for kicks, and let them battle all night. May the best chucker win! (I kid, sorta)

LOG 02-04-2014 09:11 PM

I'd really like to see a lot of zone D in this game, let them chuck 3's

Thug 02-04-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 863951)
I think it's been switched to SN

Would be cool if this was true, I can then watch it on my TV instead of the internet.

Thug 02-04-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie (Post 863957)
The key to this game will be the 1st quarter, as DeMarcus really looks to get his game off early, and I think it would be in our best interest to double the post to not only prevent the quick start, but to keep JV out of foul trouble. There's no way Hayes can guard DeMarcus, he did a good job on Aldridge, but Aldridge is more of a finesse player, whereas DMC has really learned how to score in any scenario this season, and I think not only his size, but his quickness will kill Hayes if matched up for a long period of time.

You really think JV will do a better job than the experienced, stronger Hayes?

I think not.

To me its a no brainer that Hayes gets the first opportunity to defend DMC. They are both stronger bulkier big men and this matchup could potentially work in our favour. Don't forget Hayes went up against DeMarcus everyday in practice for a while so he knows his go to moves and spots a lot better than Jonas. Maybe Chuck can use his knowledge and veteran savvy to get under the skin of a younger easily irritable Demarcus.

I hope JV doesn't get bullied like he did last year.

js12 02-04-2014 09:42 PM

I'm nervous for this one. I have a feeling Rudy is going to torch us and Cousins is going to dominate the paint. I'm actually predicting a blowout the other way around, unfortunately. I hope I am wrong though.

The Diamond Scorpion 02-04-2014 09:44 PM

Will probably be a tough game seeing as how Cousins returned yesterday. I still think we will pull off the W though. Prediction is 104-95 for a Raps win :yeah:

Ball Don't Lie 02-04-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thug (Post 863965)
You really think JV will do a better job than the experienced, stronger Hayes?

I think not.

To me its a no brainer that Hayes gets the first opportunity to defend DMC. They are both stronger bulkier big men and this matchup could potentially work in our favour. Don't forget Hayes went up against DeMarcus everyday in practice for a while so he knows his go to moves and spots a lot better than Jonas. Maybe Chuck can use his knowledge and veteran savvy to get under the skin of a younger easily irritable Demarcus.

I hope JV doesn't get bullied like he did last year.

That's the point of saying that we should double, because I know JV isn't going to be able to handle DMC 1 on 1, and having Hayes in the game because JV is in foul trouble doesn't bode well for us on either side of the ball. We need to keep JV in the game to win this, thus the double teams.

Playing Hayes for long stretches isn't going to help us win many games. He shouldnt be someone we count on to help us win games like these.

moremilk 02-04-2014 10:39 PM

I'm not afraid of Gay, I don't think he will be looking for revenge. What happened with gay this season was very odd, at least to me. Gay was made to look like a super selfish guy, which is not something he had a reputation of. A bit of chucker, yes - but nothing close to what he did in nov/dec here. It's almost like he his worst tendencies were encouraged. Still, I think he truly got along with our guys and trading him was mostly for financial/tanking reasons. Plus, he's in a better situation in SAC.

If lowry is healthy, I'm not too concerned with isaiah either. However, cousins scares me to death, chuck will have to have a good game tomorrow for us to have a chance at stopping him. I just hope kyle is close to 100%, otherwise isaiah will eat him and vasquez alive ...

Very excited to watch this game, ross against gay will be worth the price of admission alone. Not that I'm planning to attend ...

moremilk 02-04-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie (Post 863971)
That's the point of saying that we should double, because I know JV isn't going to be able to handle DMC 1 on 1, and having Hayes in the game because JV is in foul trouble doesn't bode well for us on either side of the ball. We need to keep JV in the game to win this, thus the double teams.

Playing Hayes for long stretches isn't going to help us win many games. He shouldnt be someone we count on to help us win games like these.

get used to it, JV will be lucky to play 20 minutes tomorrow and will end with 4+ fouls. I'd love to be proven wrong, but right now cousins is harder to deal with than jefferson, and he was eaten alive by big al. With Amir more or less not healthy, it will be up to hayes to stop him. Hopefully tyler and hayes can get under his skin and make him lose his marbles, he's not the most stable guy ...

moremilk 02-04-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 863966)
I'm nervous for this one. I have a feeling Rudy is going to torch us and Cousins is going to dominate the paint. I'm actually predicting a blowout the other way around, unfortunately. I hope I am wrong though.

when was the last time this team was blown out? I don;t think we suffered a single blowout since the gay trade. The Charlotte game was the closest, but it ended up a one point game or so ... :)

Our defense is too good for that kind of loss.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24