Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   FINAL: Raptors 98 76ers 106 (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/final-raptors-98-76ers-106-a-24071.html)

Dario 11-20-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 706658)
So until we're 10-40 we won't really try to win, just to improve Jose's man to man D ... :) nice strategy, if we win the remaining 32 games we'll make the playoffs that way.

exactly, imo we need to get rid of some players, bargs, jose. I want some rebounds from my starting PF, he's a matchup problem, sure. but i want boards. and jose i like you, but defense....

jeffb 11-20-2012 09:46 PM

Holiday 19pts/12ast/8reb :dead:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolAid (Post 706221)
Jose WIDE open, so much for Jrue abusing him eh 76ers fans?


Carlos Danger 11-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptors74 (Post 706654)
Casey was thought of as a brilliant coach 3 weeks ago now we want him fired.. This team just isn't good enough yet to win consistently... Quite simple.

There should be no question we are a good enough team to win 35-45 games. We've came out and competed in 8 or 9 of our 11 games. Little mistakes have cost us a decent number of games.


No excuse for Casey's terrible rotations.

LOG 11-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 706666)
Tell that to Dallas ... At worst, try it once in a while, to confuse your opponents, especially when they're in a groove like that.

by playing zone you are risking to get 3's, so no we would be killed because sixers were shooting lights out from 3 tonight

Ex2k 11-20-2012 09:47 PM

Put JV in in the 4th.... The guy had 0 personal fouls....we are in the bonus 8 mins still left... Keep dumping it into him...

WTF CASEY?

carp 11-20-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dario (Post 706667)
exactly, imo we need to get rid of some players, bargs, jose. I want some rebounds from my starting PF, he's a matchup problem, sure. but i want boards. and jose i like you, but defense....

he had 7 boards. and with JV's 11... that's a big rebounding night from the frontcourt.

TORaptor4Ever 11-20-2012 09:48 PM

Jose is still great as a backup PG.... you just can't expect him to go out there defend the opposition's best scorers lol.... pretty sure that PHX never let Nash cover Tony Parker in the closing moments of games.

And yeah.... more JV and less Bargs please.

Dario 11-20-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 706672)
by playing zone you are risking to get 3's, so no we would be killed because sixers were shooting lights out from 3 tonight

its also harder to get boards.

bjjs 11-20-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 706666)
Tell that to Dallas ... At worst, try it once in a while, to confuse your opponents, especially when they're in a groove like that.

Dallas played fantastic man 2 man defense within a match-up zone.

Bargnani would become the first one confused, Jose probably the second.

What zone would you play? What zone did Dallas play?

Bargn88 11-20-2012 09:49 PM

Amir is so off and on, sometimes he looks smart other nights he commits really stupid fouls. McGuire is the same, he fouls deep in shot clocks.

Those are momentum killers

moremilk 11-20-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 706672)
by playing zone you are risking to get 3's, so no we would be killed because sixers were shooting lights out from 3 tonight

They got the 3s because of the penetrattion, and they got them all wide open. With zone, those 3s are contested and we had the size to fight for the boards.

Dario 11-20-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 706674)
he had 7 boards. and with JV's 11... that's a big rebounding night from the frontcourt.

7 defensive rebounds, maybe 2 tap outs, they probably messed that up in the box score,

Dario 11-20-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 706677)
Dallas played fantastic man 2 man defense within a match-up zone.

Bargnani would become the first one confused, Jose probably the second.

What zone would you play? What zone did Dallas play?

bargnani can't play any defensive scheme, he's a pure sixth man scoring big man off the bench, thats at best.

moremilk 11-20-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 706677)
Dallas played fantastic man 2 man defense within a match-up zone.

Bargnani would become the first one confused, Jose probably the second.

What zone would you play? What zone did Dallas play?

Dude Dallas won a championship playing a ton of zone, from beginning to end. Casey was supposed to be this big specialist, serving under Carlisle. Dallas had such defensive stalwarts such as dirk, terry and Kidd playing heavy minutes. Their only good defensive players were chandler and Marion, and yet they flummoxed the heat alternating between the zone and man to man.

There's no shame playing zone if you can't handle your guys one to one.

As for bargnani getting confused, first, we had a full training camp to practice, and second, you don't have to play bargnani if he can't handle it.you do what it takes to win.

LOG 11-20-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 706680)
They got the 3s because of the penetrattion, and they got them all wide open. With zone, those 3s are contested and we had the size to fight for the boards.

with good ball movement offense can easily create wide open 3's in the corners or front of the 3 line, because defenders are forced to compress that ends up leaving unprotected zones usually in the corners

Dario 11-20-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 706691)
Dude Dallas won a championship playing a ton of zone, from beginning to end. Casey was supposed to be this big specialist, serving under Carlisle. Dallas had such defensive stalwarts such as dirk, terry and Kidd playing heavy minutes. Their only good defensive players were chandler and Marion, and yet they flummoxed the heat alternating between the zone and man to man.

There's no shame playing zone if you can't handle your guys one to one.

As for bargnani getting confused, first, we had a full training camp to practice, and second, you don't have to play bargnani if he can't handle it.you do what it takes to win.

BC makes bargnani start i bet.

LOG 11-20-2012 09:56 PM

and yes i do agree that zone would hide some weaknesses of Caldy and Bargs

moremilk 11-20-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dario (Post 706694)
BC makes bargnani start i bet.

I seriously doubt it, and I'm even more certain he doesn't force Casey to play him 40 minutes. Plus, he was great tonight, good offense and he shut his man down. This one can't be blamed on him.

moremilk 11-20-2012 09:58 PM

Plus, he wasn't even on the court when they had their big run.

Bargn88 11-20-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dario (Post 706686)
bargnani can't play any defensive scheme, he's a pure sixth man scoring big man off the bench, thats at best.

Nothing wrong with Bargnanis defense tonight. What the hell are you talking about?

jeffb 11-20-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargn88 (Post 706708)
Nothing wrong with Bargnanis defense tonight. What the hell are you talking about?

Nothing, that's a stretch. But he was better at least.

LOG 11-20-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargn88 (Post 706708)
Nothing wrong with Bargnanis defense tonight. What the hell are you talking about?

Agree he did play fairly good D

moremilk 11-20-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 706695)
with good ball movement offense can easily create wide open 3's in the corners or front of the 3 line, because defenders are forced to compress that ends up leaving unprotected zones usually in the corners

Somehow an offense that has Allen, young and Richardson on the floor and good ball movement doesn't ring plausible :)

Plus, like I said, they were rolling, at least try something different ...

bjjs 11-20-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 706691)
Dude Dallas won a championship playing a ton of zone, from beginning to end. Casey was supposed to be this big specialist, serving under Carlisle. Dallas had such defensive stalwarts such as dirk, terry and Kidd playing heavy minutes. Their only good defensive players were chandler and Marion, and yet they flummoxed the heat alternating between the zone and man to man.

There's no shame playing zone if you can't handle your guys one to one.

As for bargnani getting confused, first, we had a full training camp to practice, and second, you don't have to play bargnani if he can't handle it.you do what it takes to win.

By classifying Kidd in a category with Nowitzki rather than Chandler and Marion exposes your level of knowledge on the game, but you manage to do that fairly regularly so I'm not surprised.

carp 11-20-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 706710)
Nothing, that's a stretch. But he was better at least.

you could say that about any player then.

Dario 11-20-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargn88 (Post 706708)
Nothing wrong with Bargnanis defense tonight. What the hell are you talking about?

I wasn't talking about tonight, I'm talking about overall bud.

moremilk 11-20-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 706713)
By classifying Kidd in a category with Nowitzki rather than Chandler and Marion exposes your level of knowledge on the game, but you manage to do that fairly regularly so I'm not surprised.

You do realize he's 40 year old point guard, right? It's been years since Kidd doesn't defend PGs anymore because he can't stay in front of basically anybody .... They had him defending 2s in Dallas, the whole time. And he's ok as a 2, but he's no shutdown defender, that's for sure.

jeffb 11-20-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt
Different state of mind for Bobcats. With Raptors coming to Charlotte on WED, Ramon Sessions said that's "a game we should get."
Sad :(

carp 11-20-2012 10:09 PM

We are the team every team thinks they can beat

moremilk 11-20-2012 10:11 PM

And the other thing that was crazy was having Lowry defend turner, who is 6-7 inches taller. It just makes no sense to put Jose on holiday and Lowry on turner, who's an average offensive player at best. If you are concerned about Lowry' injury, then having him defend a guy twice is size is not going to be the better approach ....

bjjs 11-20-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 706720)
You do realize he's 40 year old point guard, right? It's been years since Kidd doesn't defend PGs anymore because he can't stay in front of basically anybody .... They had him defending 2s in Dallas, the whole time. And he's ok as a 2, but he's no shutdown defender, that's for sure.

How do I respond to something that is not even remotely true? You have no clue what you're talking about.

moremilk 11-20-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 706723)
Sad :(

That's ok, we feel the same a out them ... :)
Plus, we have a .750 record on b2bs, so it's all good.

Dario 11-20-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt
Different state of mind for Bobcats. With Raptors coming to Charlotte on WED, Ramon Sessions said that's "a game we should get."
hahahaha, ramone sessions? please. its game for them.

ClutchCity 11-20-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 706727)
We are the team every team knows they can beat

Fixed.

Dario 11-20-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Craptors your the reason why theirs so much negative violence in Toronto. Ur the only nba team in Canada and u suck.
-

LX 11-20-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 706730)
And the other thing that was crazy was having Lowry defend turner, who is 6-7 inches taller. It just makes no sense to put Jose on holiday and Lowry on turner, who's an average offensive player at best. If you are concerned about Lowry' injury, then having him defend a guy twice is size is not going to be the better approach ....

If they are concerned about his mobility on that foot, and not aggravating anything then anybody but Holiday would be a better approach.

moremilk 11-20-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 706731)
How do I respond to something that is not even remotely true? You have no clue what you're talking about.

How about this way, tell me the last game you've seen Kidd defend a quick starting point guard one on one for long stretches ?

moremilk 11-20-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 706741)
If they are concerned about his mobility on that foot, and not aggravating anything then anybody but Holiday would be a better approach.

I guess that's defensible, but 2-3 minutes at the end wouldn't have killed him ...

Dario 11-20-2012 10:18 PM

I remember a time long long long time ago when in the NBA 4 quarters were played.

jeffb 11-20-2012 10:21 PM

Ed Davis- 3reb in 5min

Amir- 3reb in 21min



There just seems to be no rhyme or reason for who plays and who doesn't.

:confused2:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24