Fan 590 - Raptors Fans are of a new Breed, now
Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
looking fwd to an EC Final showing!

Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 212
Representing:
Question Fan 590 - Raptors Fans are of a new Breed, now

It was mentioned earlier this morning that Toronto Raptors fans have developed into a group of excellence demanding, passionate individuals who want more from their team. So what do you guys think, will Raptors fans tolerate mediocracy in the ACC, something that we have taken slack for in the past - being too 'soft' and 'forgiving' - or will Raptors fans be more than willing to boo off the court their own team in light of putting in a poor performance?

Maybe it is just a phase
Momo26 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,755
Representing:
Default

Um...haven't we been criticized in the past for being too passionate, too hard on the team and a little bipolar? And, I remember specifically Bosh speaking out against being booed last season.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

We've been booing the team if deserved for years now. And the players have noticed. remember BOsh's lame-ass tirade last year.

Remember the heavy booing when grunwald made his first ever speech? (i loved those speeches BTW. he was a stand up guy).

Raptor fans react appropriately. We're smart and good fans. Except for pizza. that promotion just makes people act stupid.

but otherwise, we're a great set of fans. could be a bit louder, at times.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

As for the paying fans at the ACC I think they'll fly out of their seats quickly. I have a strange feeling that paying fans are sick of the mediocore talent being put forth on the floor. Personally I don't blame them its been 15 years of pretty decent attendance and nothing to show for but one playoff series win. I think the floodgates will open on the next downswing whenever that will happen. Hopefully at that time the Raptors will maintain a good front office to make the swing back a little smoother.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,381
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
We've been booing the team if deserved for years now. And the players have noticed. remember BOsh's lame-ass tirade last year.

Remember the heavy booing when grunwald made his first ever speech? (i loved those speeches BTW. he was a stand up guy).

Raptor fans react appropriately. We're smart and good fans. Except for pizza. that promotion just makes people act stupid.

but otherwise, we're a great set of fans. could be a bit louder, at times.
Well said.

If the players don't want to get boo'd, play like it.
Raptors fans for the most part aren't just corporate shmoozers or sheep who have been bred to accept a crappy product.
We are pretty patient but we deserve a winner and rightfully so.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

Honestly, we do need more out of this team. Before the 8-2 i was noticing that there were quite a few empty seats in the acc. The boston game was a sell out, but that was the first one i saw in a while.

The only loosing team people will go see in this city reguardless of how shit they are is the Leafs, the raps need to play well to fill the house
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Who was the one saying this on the FAN? Dare i ask?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann38 View Post
Well said.

If the players don't want to get boo'd, play like it.
Raptors fans for the most part aren't just corporate shmoozers or sheep who have been bred to accept a crappy product.
We are pretty patient but we deserve a winner and rightfully so.
Yup ... Raptor fans fill the house ... Toronto is a big city the fans deserve a team that is not afraid to pass the tax.

MLSE is selling the fans short
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Yup ... Raptor fans fill the house ... Toronto is a big city the fans deserve a team that is not afraid to pass the tax.

MLSE is selling the fans short
I agree.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
looking fwd to an EC Final showing!

Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 212
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Who was the one saying this on the FAN? Dare i ask?
I honestly don't recall, not sure if it's even a regular correspondant or not.
Momo26 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
acopur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 729
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo26 View Post
It was mentioned earlier this morning that Toronto Raptors fans have developed into a group of excellence demanding, passionate individuals who want more from their team. So what do you guys think, will Raptors fans tolerate mediocracy in the ACC, something that we have taken slack for in the past - being too 'soft' and 'forgiving' - or will Raptors fans be more than willing to boo off the court their own team in light of putting in a poor performance?

Maybe it is just a phase
who will boo them for being too 'dead'..
acopur is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
KABOOOOOOOSHHHH

straight out of COMPTON
 
CB4Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,284
Representing:
Default

hell yeah we are if they dont please us gtfo! its been like that forever!
CB4Real is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
Honestly, we do need more out of this team. Before the 8-2 i was noticing that there were quite a few empty seats in the acc. The boston game was a sell out, but that was the first one i saw in a while.

The only loosing team people will go see in this city reguardless of how shit they are is the Leafs, the raps need to play well to fill the house
Hilarious.

You guys rip on Hockey and its fans so much.

Leaf fans are some of the best and smartest in sports. Sure they sell out even thought they lose. They also get booed like mad almost every night. Only difference is that the players don't whine like bitches to the media, they except it, and they except that they need a better effort and they respect the fans for booing.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Hilarious.

You guys rip on Hockey and its fans so much.

Leaf fans are some of the best and smartest in sports.


If you truely believe that then there's really nothing more to say. They're not even the smartest fans in their own sport.

Last edited by jeffb; 01-15-2010 at 04:56 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,581
Representing:
Default

Haven't we always been like that. Who likes a team that is underachieving. Like seriously everyone wants their home team to be great.
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 54
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Hilarious.

You guys rip on Hockey and its fans so much.

Leaf fans are some of the best and smartest in sports. Sure they sell out even thought they lose. They also get booed like mad almost every night. Only difference is that the players don't whine like bitches to the media, they except it, and they except that they need a better effort and they respect the fans for booing.
I personally liked the cheering given to the celebration of 40 years of not winning the Stanley Cup. Sorry, Toronto Maple Leafs fans are among the stupidest in professional sport.

Oh, this was posted under the assumption you were being sarcastic.
thisorthat is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisorthat View Post
Sorry, Toronto Maple Leafs fans are among the stupidest in professional sport.
+1

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,722
Representing:
Default

Raptor fans are decent.

Remember when Derozan took out Horford in Atlanta.

Their were 15-20 Atlanta fans, shouting blood-curtling threats at Derozan.

You don't get that in Toronto.

Utah, Sacramento. Every fan is on top of every call.

If their is a close block/charge call that doesn't go their way, they are all over the official.

The fans in those buildings influence officiating.

Raptor fans are getting better. On some special evenings they're as good as it gets.

As far as being good knowledgeable BASKETBALL fans, we're in the bottom half, but we're climbing the ladder.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
enjoying having the keys to destiny

perusing ancient database
 
ClingRap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The far side of the Universe.
Posts: 1,953
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Raptor fans are decent.

Remember when Derozan took out Horford in Atlanta.

Their were 15-20 Atlanta fans, shouting blood-curtling threats at Derozan.

You don't get that in Toronto.

Utah, Sacramento. Every fan is on top of every call.

If their is a close block/charge call that doesn't go their way, they are all over the official.

The fans in those buildings influence officiating.

Raptor fans are getting better. On some special evenings they're as good as it gets.

As far as being good knowledgeable BASKETBALL fans, we're in the bottom half, but we're climbing the ladder.
you should write for the sun bjjs.

fantastic points. i still think there's some fashionable fans who clamour around the court.
thing is, i love this team come playoff time because of the energy the fans bring to the game.
i wish it was more consistent.
i like what bogut did in milwaukee paying those guys to come and jeer all night long.
ClingRap is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vince Thomas: Big men with post skills a dying breed krillog NBA Talk 7 11-27-2009 06:26 PM
Raptors HQ: The 2009 Off-Season - A Case of Deja-Vu for Raptors Fans? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 11 08-11-2009 11:09 PM
I need the help of you all Raptors fans Alex83it Questions & Suggestions 4 04-13-2009 12:40 PM
Raptors Fans: Cheer, Don't Boo Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 28 01-12-2009 08:04 PM
To all of you so called 'Raptors fans'... Raptor Dan Toronto Raptors 22 12-20-2008 07:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24