Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   ESPN: Raps being aggressive, going after NeNe, Gasol, Chandler (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/espn-raps-being-aggressive-going-after-nene-gasol-chandler-21344.html)

jeffb 12-01-2011 04:13 PM

ESPN: Raps being aggressive, going after NeNe, Gasol, Chandler
 
Quote:

One disclaimer: Sources say Toronto is trying to be as aggressive as it can be in the big-man market in free agency and has informed the players involved that it intends to lodge serious bids for Nene, Chandler and restricted free agent Marc Gasol. In the unlikely event that releasing a player through amnesty could clinch the signing of one of those players, rest assured that the Raptors will go for it.
NBA - National Basketball Association Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings, Rumors - ESPN

box92 12-01-2011 04:16 PM

hmm i guess the C spot is the primary place they want to fix

ValanciunasFanboy 12-01-2011 04:18 PM

Marc Gasol will end up with a max deal when it's all said and done, and Griz will have to cut costs everywhere. No way they are letting Marc go though. Gay is a better bet.

jeffb 12-01-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 582515)
hmm i guess the C spot is the primary place they want to fix

Well, we knew that already. This is not the least bit surprising. They certainly won't get Gasol, NeNe who knows, and Chandler is unlikely unless they offer some insane amount of cashola. I have a feeling we'll end up with Kwame Brown.

DanH 12-01-2011 04:26 PM

So... this makes the Bargs-Davis-Amir question all the more pertinent. Which one gets moved and for what if we do get a big money C?

I'd rather have Gasol than either of the other two. Maybe a big offer gets him away from Memphis, considering Gay and Randolph.

jeffb 12-01-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanH (Post 582523)
So... this makes the Bargs-Davis-Amir question all the more pertinent. Which one gets moved and for what if we do get a big money C?

I'd rather have Gasol than either of the other two. Maybe a big offer gets him away from Memphis, considering Gay and Randolph.


I'm still praying the Bargs to Detroit deal happens. I can't let it go... :(

ValanciunasFanboy 12-01-2011 04:35 PM

Gasol if absolutely the only move if Raptors are really that determined. At least he's young, so you get a lot of time to figure things out. I'd still not make a move but making a move for Gasol is 100X better than making a move for older fragile center.

Gasol is also the best on that list, and the most versatile. Good offense, very good passing, great D. Very little to dislike there. Right now there's only Howard I'd take over him out of pure 5s.

LKeet6 12-01-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 582527)
I'm still praying the Bargs to Detroit deal happens. I can't let it go... :(

lol, i know what you mean! was a good deal.

box92 12-01-2011 04:37 PM

IF this is true, i think we might have a chance, i prefer gasol if anyone

Quote:

SeanDeveney Sean Deveney
Story out of Spain has Marc Gasol seeking $9 mil per year. Grizz intending to keep him, maybe not for 5 and $45, but something close.

carp 12-01-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 582527)
I'm still praying the Bargs to Detroit deal happens. I can't let it go... :(

let it go... it ain't ever happening! :dancing:

What about trying to get memphis to bite on a sign and trade..... what would we have to add to amir? Alot.

jeffb 12-01-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 582540)
let it go... it ain't ever happening! :dancing:

What about trying to get memphis to bite on a sign and trade..... what would we have to add to amir? Alot.

They've already said they'll match any offer for Gasol. He's not going anywhere

ValanciunasFanboy 12-01-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 582536)
IF this is true, i think we might have a chance, i prefer gasol if anyone

lol, 9 mil a year? below 5 and 45? that's crazy low. after everyone on that team got overpayed? I won't believe any figure lower than 5 and 60.

DDUnreal 12-01-2011 04:47 PM

Our best bet is probs Chandler but I don't want to overpay for him :(!

jeffb 12-01-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDUnreal (Post 582551)
Our best bet is probs Chandler but I don't want to overpay for him :(!

Define overpay for a Center that actually knows how to defend. Something that we've never had much of? Anyone that gets him will probably overpay, why the fuck shouldn't it be us?

carp 12-01-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 582543)
They've already said they'll match any offer for Gasol. He's not going anywhere

I'm aware of that... hence I suggested a sign and trade.... matching just restricts signing him outright. Come on Son!

:cookie:

I'm sure they'd entertain an offer that would allow them to keep both Mayo and Gay if they got enough in return.

Amir and Barbosa plus a pick?

DDUnreal 12-01-2011 04:55 PM

Well its not so much the overpaying as much as the length of the contract. I'm sure he'd be great to have when Jonas comes in instead of... our previous center. Ah fuck it, I was trying to come up with a price for him but the more I thought about it the more I can't wait to see him in a Raps uniform!

DanH 12-01-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

SeanDeveney Sean Deveney
Story out of Spain has Marc Gasol seeking $9 mil per year. Grizz intending to keep him, maybe not for 5 and $45, but something close.
Well then I hope BC offers 4 and $45. Waive Kleiza to make room. Use 2.5M MLE and min pay guys to round out roster. Trade Bargnani or Amir for a backup wing and a pick (lottery for Bargs, late first for Amir).

box92 12-01-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 582554)
Define overpay for a Center that actually knows how to defend. Something that we've never had much of? Anyone that gets him will probably overpay, why the fuck shouldn't it be us?

because our great center is coming over next year lol :cookie:

jeffb 12-01-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 582556)
I'm aware of that... hence I suggested a sign and trade.... matching just restricts signing him outright. Come on Son!

:cookie:

I'm sure they'd entertain an offer that would allow them to keep both Mayo and Gay if they got enough in return.

Amir and Barbosa plus a pick?

They have the capspace and would be nuts to S&T him. Besides what would we give them that they would want?

LKeet6 12-01-2011 04:55 PM

so does the plan of making a big money move for chandler or gasol forsee us being a play-off team before val comes good?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24