ESPN: NBA future power rankings
Old 12-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,933
Representing:
Raptors ESPN: NBA future power rankings

ESPN ranked all 30 teams prospects for future power rankings, Raptors rank 28th.

Quote:
The team has some young talent in Andrea Bargnani, DeMar DeRozan, Ed Davis, Jerryd Bayless and Amir Johnson. However, we remain unconvinced that any of them will blossom to become the type of player that propels the Raptors back into contention. Thus, we've ranked them near the bottom in the players category.

We've also grown more cynical about the management of the team. It now appears that the Raptors are for sale, meaning their future is even more in doubt. We're also struggling to see GM Bryan Colangelo's long-term plan with the team. The offensive talent is there, but the Raptors remain a mess on defense and, despite a flurry of moves, seem to be stuck in neutral at the bottom of the East.


1. Miami
2. Oklahoma City
3. Los Angeles Lakers
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Utah Jazz

---------------

26. Phoenix
27. Minnesota
28. Toronto
29. Cleveland
30. Charlotte


Miami #1??


ESPN's NBA Future Power Rankings: Teams 1-5 - ESPN
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
ESPN ranked all 30 teams prospects for future power rankings, Raptors rank 28th.





1. Miami
2. Oklahoma City
3. Los Angeles Lakers
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Utah Jazz

---------------

26. Phoenix
27. Minnesota
28. Toronto
29. Cleveland
30. Charlotte


Miami #1??


ESPN's NBA Future Power Rankings: Teams 1-5 - ESPN
Miami is easily No. 1. The Next 5-7 years, the have 2 players who are MVP candidates and another player who is a perennial all-star. The Raptors have role players.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,563
Representing:
Default

So the raps are for sale? Oh really
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

They may be low in Power rankings.
But i bet they rank pretty high in profitablity rankings. The raps are a successful franchise in the eyes of its stockholders
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Miami is easily No. 1. The Next 5-7 years, the have 2 players who are MVP candidates and another player who is a perennial all-star. The Raptors have role players.
Haslem isn't an all-star.... oh... I see.... meh.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
tired of shitty Toronto teams

Senior Member
 
Yuksek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 571
Representing:
Default

Since when are the Raptors for Sale?
Yuksek is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,563
Representing:
Default

I gaurentee the whole "raps for sale" thing is becasue rogers wanted to buy them. ESPN was probably like "OH MY GOD THE RAPS ARE FAILING THE MARKET IS CRASHING CANADAS ECONOMY IS FAULTERING! THE RAPS MUST BE FOR SALE TO ALL!" Lol.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Haslem isn't an all-star.... oh... I see.... meh.
Yes....all-star...where the best players play on that Sunday Evening. A place where no Toronto player will be appearing for awhile.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Unacceptable?! Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Get off my lawn
 
Renihan_00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,363
Representing:
Default

It's hilarious that the make it seem like a horrible thing they are for sale. They are for sale as part of a package with one of the most valuable franchises in sports history for 1.5 BILLION dollars.

Are you serious?

The companies in the running to buy them are also all very reputable and successful. So where is the downside here?

Morons.
Renihan_00 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,224
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renihan_00 View Post
It's hilarious that the make it seem like a horrible thing they are for sale. They are for sale as part of a package with one of the most valuable franchises in sports history for 1.5 BILLION dollars.

Are you serious?

The companies in the running to buy them are also all very reputable and successful. So where is the downside here?

Morons.
But why would anyone buy a team in canada? xD
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

being for sale speaks to a certain instability in the present, but shouldn't really translate into a negative for the future. I can't argue with the assessment of the players and management.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
tired of shitty Toronto teams

Senior Member
 
Yuksek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 571
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
being for sale speaks to a certain instability in the present, but shouldn't really translate into a negative for the future. I can't argue with the assessment of the players and management.
What kind of instability? Are the Leafs also feeling this instability? Do you also think your version of "instability" is the same as the articles?

The rest is fine. The talent isn't very good and I'm not confident in Colangelo at the moment.
Yuksek is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
tired of shitty Toronto teams

Senior Member
 
Yuksek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 571
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
But why would anyone buy a team in canada? xD
A team that actually has profits?
Yuksek is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuksek View Post
What kind of instability? Are the Leafs also feeling this instability? Do you also think your version of "instability" is the same as the articles?

The rest is fine. The talent isn't very good and I'm not confident in Colangelo at the moment.
a perceived instability - as in much being up in the air, and no firm hand on the wheel.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Power and Stability are two different things.
The Raptors have very little power in the NBA.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
In cleveland stalking Anthony Parker

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Malton
Posts: 190
Representing:
Default

I think if we brought some veterans into the team, the young fellas will start to improve.
AP we miss you!!!!!!!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
tired of shitty Toronto teams

Senior Member
 
Yuksek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 571
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
a perceived instability - as in much being up in the air, and no firm hand on the wheel.
That's an interesting take. Usually that perceived instability is left to teams who are struggling financially, their owner has gone bankrupt or there is no clear successor. Never seen it for teams that do well financially and are going to be potentially 60 % sold to an owner who is fiscally stable as the current 60 % owner. On top of everything just being a rumor and the current owner not actually putting the team for sale. Just saying...
Yuksek is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,896
Representing:
Default

I was about to post something about how stupid these Americans are when they talk about Canadian teams....as if we are in rural Pakistan or something.......but then I saw everyone else and said fuck it
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuksek View Post
That's an interesting take. Usually that perceived instability is left to teams who are struggling financially, their owner has gone bankrupt or there is no clear successor. Never seen it for teams that do well financially and are going to be potentially 60 % sold to an owner who is fiscally stable as the current 60 % owner. On top of everything just being a rumor and the current owner not actually putting the team for sale. Just saying...
I don't disagree. Is it really hard to see where there could be a perceived instability currently? And yet that shouldn't apply to an assessment of the future - which should look at all the stuff you bring up. Right?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
I was about to post something about how stupid these Americans are when they talk about Canadian teams....as if we are in rural Pakistan or something.......but then I saw everyone else and said fuck it
rural Pakistan... lol
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24