ESPN Insider: Lowry ranked 8th among PG's, by WARP - Page 3
Old 07-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
When that article came out a couple weeks that stated the starting 5 of Lowry/DD/Gay/Amir/JV was the 5th best starting 5 in point differential did anyone think that it meant we were the 5th best starting unit, no.
I saw one guy on this board who did not gonna name any names.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
Unless you place more value in rebounding than in scoring, effiency, playmaking combined, he shouldn't be.
Now what if Kyle could play with a Tim and a Manu? For a few seasons, eh.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
Now what if Kyle could play with a Tim and a Manu? For a few seasons, eh.
Tony Parker runs the spurs. Lowry would not have an impact even to that of Parker if he was a spur.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
Tony Parker runs the spurs. Lowry would not have an impact even to that of Parker if he was a spur.
You just ignore the point of the comment so you can argue stubbornly. Nowhere have I said he would be even with Parker, but you just have tunnel vision about Lowry. Mule.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,298
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
Tony Parker runs the spurs. Lowry would not have an impact even to that of Parker if he was a spur.
Can I borrow your Crystal Ball?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #46 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Can I borrow your Crystal Ball?
Even with the cracks?
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #47 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
You just ignore the point of the comment so you can argue stubbornly. Nowhere have I said he would be even with Parker, but you just have tunnel vision about Lowry. Mule.
No need for namecalling. If the point of that post was not to justify having Lowry over Parker, which the consensus seems to be that its ridiculous, what was it?
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
No need for namecalling. If the point of that post was not to justify having Lowry over Parker, which the consensus seems to be that its ridiculous, what was it?
The point was that Lowry has not had the benefit of playing with 2 Hall of Famers for 11 years and growing together and the benefit's of that chemistry. It was not justifying Lowry over Parker, if you take your blinders off.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #49 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
The point was that Lowry has not had the benefit of playing with 2 Hall of Famers for 11 years and growing together and the benefit's of that chemistry. It was not justifying Lowry over Parker, if you take your blinders off.
That's irrelevant. You don't know if lowry would have become the player parker is. He could have been the next Avery Johnson. Anyway, what does it matter if parker was with 2 HOF guys? It may have helped him but it's the NBA, guys end up in different situations, some better than others. What matters is what they do in that situation.

And I'm noticing a recurring theme with your posts: you always gotta take a shot at someone at the end of one...
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
That's irrelevant. You don't know if lowry would have become the player parker is. He could have been the next Avery Johnson. Anyway, what does it matter if parker was with 2 HOF guys? It may have helped him but it's the NBA, guys end up in different situations, some better than others. What matters is what they do in that situation.

And I'm noticing a recurring theme with your posts: you always gotta take a shot at someone at the end of one...
The point is totally relevant. At the risk of repeating myself, THIS IS NOT SAYING THAT LOWRY WOULD BE THE SAME PLAYER THAT PARKER IS And if necessary I can repeat it again and again until your comprehension catches up. And your wrong. The world doesn't always subscribe to your point of view, no matter how often you state it and restate it and reword it and restate it again and it seems that a number of posters take issue with your arguments.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #51 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,800
Representing:
Default

If this article is all BS so what's the point of even posting it?
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #52 (permalink)
grabbin boards, droppin dimes, and lightin them up

Senior Member
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,215
Representing:
Default

Lowry is Lowry, no ranking changes anything. People need to stop getting worked up about these stats. Fuck the offseason is painful with this BS
Alex is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #53 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,617
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
The point is totally relevant. At the risk of repeating myself, THIS IS NOT SAYING THAT LOWRY WOULD BE THE SAME PLAYER THAT PARKER IS And if necessary I can repeat it again and again until your comprehension catches up. And your wrong. The world doesn't always subscribe to your point of view, no matter how often you state it and restate it and reword it and restate it again and it seems that a number of posters take issue with your arguments.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. My point was that when comparing players, you should focus on the players' abilities, not how they acquired those abilities.

You complain that all I'm doing is repeating the same thing over and over again, and yet you're doing the same. The only point of view I brought into this discussion is that Parker is better than Lowry, which I'd say the world does in fact agree with.

You switched it up with the personal shot this time, though, now its in the middle!
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #54 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,800
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Lowry is Lowry, no ranking changes anything. People need to stop getting worked up about these stats. Fuck the offseason is painful with this BS
Hold on, you want to tell me he isn't better than Parker and Rondo?
We tend to overvalue our players which haunts us down i.e. = Dirk
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #55 (permalink)
grabbin boards, droppin dimes, and lightin them up

Senior Member
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,215
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
Hold on, you want to tell me he isn't better than Parker and Rondo?
We tend to overvalue our players which haunts us down i.e. = Dirk
It's one thing to overvalue but another to bring irrelevant stats to try and find validation
Alex is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #56 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Alot of people putting Lowry down. Its was his first year playing with a whole different team. With Bargnani gone, there is a much better cast with Rudy Gay and Jonas entering his sophmore year. Evaluate him this year.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #57 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. My point was that when comparing players, you should focus on the players' abilities, not how they acquired those abilities.

You complain that all I'm doing is repeating the same thing over and over again, and yet you're doing the same. The only point of view I brought into this discussion is that Parker is better than Lowry, which I'd say the world does in fact agree with.

You switched it up with the personal shot this time, though, now its in the middle!
Please show me where I state that Lowry is an equal player to Parker.

Please show me where I wonder how Lowry's abilties might have developed if he was able to play with 2 HOF's for 11 consecutive seasons.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #58 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,298
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post

Please show me where I wonder how Lowry's abilties might have developed if he was able to play with 2 HOF's for 11 consecutive seasons.
+ HOF coach
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #59 (permalink)
On T-Ross Flight 31

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,718
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
I saw one guy on this board who did not gonna name any names.
I saw someone misunderstand what "one of the best" starters meant not gonna name any names.
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #60 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,296
Representing:
Default

Lowry is an all around guy, think Chauncey billups. He will never have that kind of offensive impact that parker has, but in a proper scenario, if he's playing right and playing hard, he could conceivably have a somewhat similar impact on the overall game. When he's not though, he's hard on the eye because much of what he does good is hidden somewhat.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24