drummond ... - Page 7
Old 10-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #121 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Chris Bosh sucks.
+1.

Should give that ring back.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #122 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

and cut off the finger he wore it on as that finger is now shamed.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #123 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Heat should cut him and sign Yogi Stewart... now THAT dude could ball!
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #124 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,907
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
What am I seeing?

Basically, a kid who's almost 7ft tall and close to 300lbs who's athletic and not "fat". Also seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is an intimidating force around the basket.

In case you hadn't noticed... those don't really grow on trees.

Honestly... at this point... he's looking like everything Oden was SUPPOSED to be if he didn't get injured.
You're comparing Drummond to Oden? LOL... that shows how much you really know about both of them. Before you make these crazy comparisons let the guy play a real game. Oden was drafted before Kevin Durant... that's gotta tell you what people thought of Oden back then. Drummond drafted 9th... he isn't anything close to Greg Oden.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #125 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
You're comparing Drummond to Oden? LOL... that shows how much you really know about both of them. Before you make these crazy comparisons let the guy play a real game. Oden was drafted before Kevin Durant... that's gotta tell you what people thought of Oden back then. Drummond drafted 9th... he isn't anything close to Greg Oden.
You're right... how DARE I compare Drummond to Oden's career 9 & 7 avg!!
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #126 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

he said drummond might be everything Oden was supposed to be. Please try harder to have a clue what people are saying before you rip them... it's a big issue here sometimes.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #127 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Oden was a very skilled big. This guy might never be as skilled, but he looks far more athletic, and skilled enough to set him apart from a McGee.

It's too soon, but it's still hard not to envision what two bigs that can run the floor like this guy and Valančiūnas could have managed to do.

And oden being drafted before Durant tells me how valuable size can be. It was no secret how good Durant was. Oden was not picked first because he was clearly better. He was clearly bigger.

Last edited by LX; 10-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #128 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Oden was a very skilled big. This guy might never be as skilled, but he looks far more athletic, and skilled enough to set him apart from a McGee.

It's too soon, but it's still hard not to envision what two bigs that can run the floor like this guy and Valančiūnas could have managed to do.

And oden being drafted before Durant tells me how valuable size can be. It was no secret how good Durant was. Oden was not picked first because he was clearly better. He was clearly bigger.
Yes.... which just makes our passing Drummond even more curious (and frankly, disappointing).

EVERYONE knew that Durant was going to be a stud. You could have forgiven POR if they had decided to take him #1.

Did anyone even know who Ross was before draft night?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #129 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,907
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
he said drummond might be everything Oden was supposed to be. Please try harder to have a clue what people are saying before you rip them... it's a big issue here sometimes.
Which is why I compared Drummond to what Oden was supposed to be...
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #130 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

a lot of could be / supposed to be going here in all or posts hahaha
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #131 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,055
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
a lot of could be / supposed to be going here in all or posts hahaha
thankyou, some common sense. I repeat, PRESEASON.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #132 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,952
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
a lot of could be / supposed to be going here in all or posts hahaha
yup, a lot of woulda/coulda/shoulda if you ask me...just spilt milk at this point and a massive "who cares" for me

i love Ross' game and i think he's going to be an excellent addition to this club
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #133 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

I hope so, that 17 foot elbow shot off the pick is a thing of beauty, but then I was always a sucked for great shooting form.... Brandon Roy made me feel good.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #134 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Yes.... which just makes our passing Drummond even more curious (and frankly, disappointing).

EVERYONE knew that Durant was going to be a stud. You could have forgiven POR if they had decided to take him #1.

Did anyone even know who Ross was before draft night?
To answer your last question. Yes. If you watch college basketball and especially the PAC 12, you would know that they would sometimes not shut up about the kid. I remember watching a Washington/Washington St. game last season and all I heard about was how even though Wroten was getting more publicity, Ross was the all around better player. Heck I remember him playing a great game against Colorado in Colorado (who last year, were a really good home team and crappy road team).

I personally, didn't think he would go that high, however I can understand it. If Washington didn't go to the NIT and went to the dance, he wouldn't have been such a secret. Fact is, no one really pays attention to Pac-12 teams save for UCLA and maybe USC.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #135 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I hope so, that 17 foot elbow shot off the pick is a thing of beauty, but then I was always a sucked for great shooting form.... Brandon Roy made me feel good.
........we never knew.....:cookie:
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #136 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default



I was a SG when I played, worked hard on my shot and was a bit of a technical shooting nerd..can't help it man, I just really love great shooters.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #137 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,055
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post


I was a SG when I played, worked hard on my shot and was a bit of a technical shooting nerd..can't help it man, I just really love great shooters.
sg for the win!
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #138 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

ya, I wasn't good enough to be a point guard, and not big enough to make it in college as a decent 2.... still loved it though...... shooting a basketball is very Zen for me.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #139 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,055
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
ya, I wasn't good enough to be a point guard, and not big enough to make it in college as a decent 2.... still loved it though...... shooting a basketball is very Zen for me.
that's.. wierd

they involve different skills. A sg job is mostly to score, move well without the ball so as to get into positions to score and create space for others.

a pg's job is more hands-on with the ball, with less focus on scoring, and more on creating and distributing.

saying sg are sg because they aren't good enough to be pg is absurd. My ball handling was never good enough for me to be a pg, so I had to adapt my game in middle school. When I grew and as a result got stronger, I had to adapt my game again to play more in the post. It was just a plus having been a pg, sg, sf, and pf because I earned many traits which allowed me to exploit my opponent based on what I had on him, i.e quickness, size, shooting...





but I agree, shooting is an art.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #140 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
ya, I wasn't good enough to be a point guard, and not big enough to make it in college as a decent 2.... still loved it though...... shooting a basketball is very Zen for me.
I get that

Ross.....defense and great form on his shot - very natural...easier to teach Ross to drive than to teach DD that form...
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24