drummond ... - Page 12
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #221 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

To clarify, were you referring to Ed Davis or Anthony Davis.

....
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #222 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
To clarify, were you referring to Ed Davis or Anthony Davis.

....
I don't think it's a stretch to claim Drummond could be better than Anthony Davis. Just saying.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #223 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,301
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I don't think it's a stretch to claim Drummond could be better than Anthony Davis. Just saying.
Sure it is.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #224 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I don't think it's a stretch to claim Drummond could be better than Anthony Davis. Just saying.
Insanity. Am I in the NBA.com comment section lol?
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #225 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

why?
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #226 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Because there's always ridiculous comments like that on there
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #227 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,357
Representing:
Default

Why would it be "insane" to think that Drummond could end up being a better pro than Davis?

Davis has some skill.... but so does Drummond... and he has size and mass that Davis will never have.

Just to be clear I'm not saying the Drummond > Davis RIGHT NOW... but it could happen. It's not like suggesting that Jose would be better than Paul or Rondo or something.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #228 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Because there's always ridiculous comments like that on there
For years people on here were talking about how amazing Oden was going to be.... truth is, nothing is certain. There are many examples of the best player from the draft not being the number one overall pick.... It's foolish to say that it's guaranteed that Davis will be the consensus best player from this draft when all is said and done.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #229 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
For years people on here were talking about how amazing Oden was going to be.... truth is, nothing is certain. There are many examples of the best player from the draft not being the number one overall pick.... It's foolish to say that it's guaranteed that Davis will be the consensus best player from this draft when all is said and done.
Oden is plagued by knee problems. Different.
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #230 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Oden is plagued by knee problems. Different.
Want me to name other players? Davis has issues and concerns as well, you're just choosing to overlook them. He's not some demigod. They guy is skinny as fuck and if he tries that fancy guard skill shit in the bigs he's going to get abused. He's far from a polished player and his offense is rudimentary... which is justified cause he's only played against kids.

This annointing of Davis baffles me. Everybody is just waiting for the next one.... no wonder Stern and the league is always trying to fabricate stars and personalities.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #231 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

dont worry, they will make sure he succeeds...the refs control all that, stern control the refs.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #232 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,895
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
dont worry, they will make sure he succeeds...the refs control all that, stern control the refs.
Nice, something we can both agree on in this redundant thread....

Refs speaking in a group after a tough call that none of them saw "hey, did he just get elbowed for real there?" second ref "who cares, the kids a star so he must have been fouled"
m5racer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #233 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,207
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

stern will give calls to an insanely bat winged drummond.
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #234 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

hahaha sad that its true
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #235 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristTrip View Post
stern will give calls to an insanely bat winged drummond.
the way he fights for position, he will earn his calls too
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #236 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Want me to name other players? Davis has issues and concerns as well, you're just choosing to overlook them. He's not some demigod. They guy is skinny as fuck and if he tries that fancy guard skill shit in the bigs he's going to get abused. He's far from a polished player and his offense is rudimentary... which is justified cause he's only played against kids.

This annointing of Davis baffles me. Everybody is just waiting for the next one.... no wonder Stern and the league is always trying to fabricate stars and personalities.
You're annointing Drummond after a few preseason games as the next big thing. Taking big conclusions from a small sample.
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #237 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,897
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
For years people on here were talking about how amazing Oden was going to be.... truth is, nothing is certain. There are many examples of the best player from the draft not being the number one overall pick.... It's foolish to say that it's guaranteed that Davis will be the consensus best player from this draft when all is said and done.
you're right. In all honesty, watching ross play, with the little I have seen, he has the tools to be the best player from this draft. incredible shot and technique, good defender, can be a great defender. distributes decently but more importantly has the vision to be very good. if he can add a post game, or a driving to the post game (which he can with his handles and athletisicm) or both, it's not a reach to say this kid can be a top 10-15 player in the league at one point.




but then again, this is all speculation.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #238 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

meh...you guys are going on tangents now.... Im sticking with my original thoughts...drummond at 5, Sweet V at 4 and man o man, couple years and toronto is a force
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #239 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You're annointing Drummond after a few preseason games as the next big thing. Taking big conclusions from a small sample.
No, I'm suggesting that a guy that was heralded as possibly having the most upside during the draft process could end up being the best player from this draft, or simply possibly better than Davis, who might not end up being the best either. I'm suggesting it's possible, while you're stating that there is simply no way that it could happen. Big difference.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #240 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
you're right. In all honesty, watching ross play, with the little I have seen, he has the tools to be the best player from this draft. incredible shot and technique, good defender, can be a great defender. distributes decently but more importantly has the vision to be very good. if he can add a post game, or a driving to the post game (which he can with his handles and athletisicm) or both, it's not a reach to say this kid can be a top 10-15 player in the league at one point.




but then again, this is all speculation.
he may be, I admit that, I really didnt watch him much, and when I did the other guy on his team played better...jones. even if he is, and drummond was a close second....keeping in mind were talking about a center....jesus man, they dont come around often.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24