Does anyone miss Chris Bosh - Page 7
Old 04-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #121 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

I knew this was gonna end up becoming an everyone vs. ToRap thread.

Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #122 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 561
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
I knew this was gonna end up becoming an everyone vs. ToRap thread.

thats what happens when you defend Bosh on a forum about the toronto Raptors lol
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #123 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
thats what happens when you defend Bosh on a forum about the toronto Raptors lol
Well, really... that's the only place he CAN defend him.

We all like who we like. No use arguing that. I admire ToRap's tenacity when it comes to his Bosh love. He's committed!
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #124 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,093
Representing:
Default

From 10-15 feet
-----------------------
Bosh - 43.4%
Bargnani - 45.2%

From 16-23 feet
-----------------------
Bosh - 45.0%
Bargnani - 44.0%
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #125 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

source?

not that it changes the fact that Bosh is way better the bargs.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #126 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 561
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Well, really... that's the only place he CAN defend him.

We all like who we like. No use arguing that. I admire ToRap's tenacity when it comes to his Bosh love. He's committed!
ya well atleast it makes for good debate i guess..
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #127 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 561
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
From 10-15 feet
-----------------------
Bosh - 43.4%
Bargnani - 45.2%

From 16-23 feet
-----------------------
Bosh - 45.0%
Bargnani - 44.0%
lol not really surpised about the 10-15 range, thats Bargs bread and butter...as for 16-23 feet, that is interesting.... perhaps Bargs attempts way more shots from the range? i think so anyway
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #128 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,093
Representing:
Default

Sorry for not adding this earlier:

Hoopdata - NBA Statistics and Analysis

Hoopdata Player Stats - Andrea Bargnani
Hoopdata Player Stats - Chris Bosh
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #129 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
lol not really surpised about the 10-15 range, thats Bargs bread and butter...
Yeah but unfortuantely he likes his bread and butter with a side order of Primo Pasta.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #130 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Yeah but unfortuantely he likes his bread and butter with a side order of Primo Pasta.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #131 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
the thing is I defend over exaggerated hate for him, people make him out to be worse than he actually is.....diff between me defending barg and you defending Bosh is, I admit Bargs faults, I dont think hes an allstar, i just think he is what he is and don't treat him like hes the worst player to ever wear a raps uniform like some people do on this forum...some of the things I hear you say about Bosh, you make him look like hes the second coming of christ, the guy was good for us, but man you just overrate him too much imo...thats all..
"Second coming of Christ"?

I've NEVER said that Bosh is a lock for the HOF.

I've NEVER said that Bosh is a top 5 player.

I've NEVER said that Bosh is the best PF in the NBA.

I've ALWAYS admitted that Bosh could be better defensively.

So I really don't get where this "overrating" thing is coming from.

He is what he is.... a star big man who was a damn good player for us.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #132 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,506
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Yeah but unfortuantely he likes his bread and butter with a side order of Primo Pasta.
get some good bread and you don't need butter.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #133 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
thats what happens when you defend Bosh on a forum about the toronto Raptors lol
LOL... and now we finally get to the root of the matter.

Loving the Raptors shouldn't make you so unrealistic that you can't realize talent on another team.

I HATED VC when he left T.O..... still do. But I could always admit that he was a great player (when motivated). I despise Kobe too... but that doesn't change the fact that he's one of the top 3 players in the league... and has been for the past 10 years.

@ cuda... lol... don't worry chickie... I'm used to bangin' my own drum. I'm not alone though. I know that there are others who feel the same way (bjjs, SJ, LX). I'm just the most vocal... or pig-headed... whichever. ha!
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #134 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
get some good bread and you don't need butter.
Don't tell me, tell the big Italian.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #135 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
"Second coming of Christ"?

I've NEVER said that Bosh is a lock for the HOF.

I've NEVER said that Bosh is a top 5 player.

I've NEVER said that Bosh is the best PF in the NBA.

I've ALWAYS admitted that Bosh could be better defensively.

So I really don't get where this "overrating" thing is coming from.

He is what he is.... a star big man who was a damn good player for us.

Completely agree.

Anyone who thinks we couldn't use him this year or going forward, I'm sorry, you may need your head examined.

As a basketball player, he allows alot of things to happen on offense. Is he perfect? No. But he's the prototypical pick and roll player imo and if you had a good offensive system with a good PG with him (thinking Utah) you'd have an unstoppable (nearly) combo there. We had some success with Calderon (when he was aggressive) and with TJ as well. We moved away from that though.

Factor in now a slashing player with a good mid-range game with DeRozan, a prototypical sixth man in Bargs, who if used properly, could've provided Bosh the necessary rest in games and essentially have you play Bosh 28-32 min./game and couple that with some toughness in Reggie and Davis, then this team would really be imo a 45 win team in the East and probably better than Orlando right now. Add in a PG (and who knows who could've been available, maybe even make a play with Deron by giving away Davis + expirings + picks) and who knows where this team could be.

So to answer the question, yes, I miss Bosh, because we could've been damn close even with LeBron and Wade together and COULD'VE potentially been there in 2-3 years time with shrewd moves. Now, who knows.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #136 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Completely agree.

Anyone who thinks we couldn't use him this year or going forward, I'm sorry, you may need your head examined.

As a basketball player, he allows alot of things to happen on offense. Is he perfect? No. But he's the prototypical pick and roll player imo and if you had a good offensive system with a good PG with him (thinking Utah) you'd have an unstoppable (nearly) combo there. We had some success with Calderon (when he was aggressive) and with TJ as well. We moved away from that though.

Factor in now a slashing player with a good mid-range game with DeRozan, a prototypical sixth man in Bargs, who if used properly, could've provided Bosh the necessary rest in games and essentially have you play Bosh 28-32 min./game and couple that with some toughness in Reggie and Davis, then this team would really be imo a 45 win team in the East and probably better than Orlando right now. Add in a PG (and who knows who could've been available, maybe even make a play with Deron by giving away Davis + expirings + picks) and who knows where this team could be.

So to answer the question, yes, I miss Bosh, because we could've been damn close even with LeBron and Wade together and COULD'VE potentially been there in 2-3 years time with shrewd moves. Now, who knows.
Seriously... you're making me tear up right now C.... lol...

Guess I'm NOT entirely alone in my thinking.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #137 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

I think it could've happened had we not had a GM, solely focused on running an up-tempo team.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #138 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Oh come on.

First Torap you do defend him like he is the "second coming" all that stuff you listed are empty claims, fact but irrelevant to the vehement in which you defend him.

How quickly we forget him clanking up shot after shot, refusing to go inside. The frustration of the offence hitting a screeching halt every time he got the ball.

Do I miss Chris on this team absolutely not.

That being said I am not dumb enough to think that losing a player of Bosh's skill set, is by any stretch addition by subtraction, of course we would be better with him, I am not sure if it would have translated into many more wins but he has skill.

Fact is he will never be able to carry a team, and I think he knows that, or he wouldn't have made the decision he did.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #139 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Oh come on.

First Torap you do defend him like he is the "second coming" all that stuff you listed are empty claims, fact but irrelevant to the vehement in which you defend him.

How quickly we forget him clanking up shot after shot, refusing to go inside. The frustration of the offence hitting a screeching halt every time he got the ball.

Do I miss Chris on this team absolutely not.

That being said I am not dumb enough to think that losing a player of Bosh's skill set, is by any stretch addition by subtraction, of course we would be better with him, I am not sure if it would have translated into many more wins but he has skill.

Fact is he will never be able to carry a team, and I think he knows that, or he wouldn't have made the decision he did.
I think alot of that falls on the coaching staff tbh. Mitchell force fed him and so did Triano. Have a smooth flowing offence and you implement that when he's younger and I guarantee things would be different.

But that's in the past.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #140 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Oh come on.

First Torap you do defend him like he is the "second coming" all that stuff you listed are empty claims, fact but irrelevant to the vehement in which you defend him.

How quickly we forget him clanking up shot after shot, refusing to go inside. The frustration of the offence hitting a screeching halt every time he got the ball.

Do I miss Chris on this team absolutely not.

That being said I am not dumb enough to think that losing a player of Bosh's skill set, is by any stretch addition by subtraction, of course we would be better with him, I am not sure if it would have translated into many more wins but he has skill.

Fact is he will never be able to carry a team, and I think he knows that, or he wouldn't have made the decision he did.
Gimme a break Benzo. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you simply want me to keep arguing for fun because you and I both know that everything you've said in bold in absolute crap lol.

I'd love for you to explain to me how a player who was always near the top of the league in FTAs (and avgd 10+ rebs/gm) "refused to go inside".

And expecting any ONE player to carry a team is the height of idiocy. Great teams aren't built that way.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24