Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Does Andrea make his first all star team this year? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/does-andrea-make-his-first-all-star-team-year-18199.html)

Claudius 11-26-2010 11:02 AM

Does Andrea make his first all star team this year?
 
If he sustains his play and the team say has a .500 record does he get the nod?

Yes or no?

Windex 11-26-2010 11:08 AM

Dwight, Shaq, Noah, Horford, KG, Bosh
all get in before him

Ligeia 11-26-2010 11:13 AM

There are a few centers ahead of him (D12, Noah, Horford, B. Lopez) and that says nothing of the previous tendency to vote in another forward instead of a reserve 5. I don't think it is very likely unless he is averaging over 25+ per game to make up for his other deficiencies.

carp 11-26-2010 11:21 AM

I think the hype has come down just a bit on Lopez.... but Noah, Dwight and Horford all stand in his way this year..... Not to mention Amare, KG, J.Smith, clog the PF spot.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 11-26-2010 11:54 AM

I thnk for the first year he garners consideration but 20 ppg and 4 rebounds isn't really all that much.

MikeToronto 11-26-2010 12:03 PM

No way he gets enough votes, either from fans or from coaches. Another season or so at this level would probably make a difference.

carp 11-26-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 467037)
I thnk for the first year he garners consideration but 20 ppg and 4 rebounds isn't really all that much.

21.9 and 4.8.... still not a great looking line, but better than 20 and 4.

archie63 11-26-2010 12:56 PM

21.9 in the NBA are a lot of points..

Shadowfax 11-26-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 466991)
does he get the nod?

Yes or no?

not unless he starts making some videos ;)

and for the record...i hate All-Star games (any sport)...they're a fucking joke

jeffb 11-26-2010 01:03 PM

NOPE! He's behind too many Centers in the league. And he won't be an All-star until he averages at least 7reb +20+ppg

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 11-26-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 467065)
21.9 and 4.8.... still not a great looking line, but better than 20 and 4.

Really? You went there? :facepalm:

carp 11-26-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 467091)
Really? You went there? :facepalm:

I just clarified... you can't undersell facts to make your point seem better.... I didn't "go there" to make you look bad, as should have been obvious from my post. There was no need to facepalm.

22 and 5 looks better than 20 and 4... but I said it doesn't look great either.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 11-26-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 467099)
I just clarified... you can't undersell facts to make your point seem better.... I didn't "go there" to make you look bad, as should have been obvious from my post. There was no need to facepalm.

22 and 5 looks better than 20 and 4... but I said it doesn't look great either.

Semantics. Trust me if 21.9 and 4.8 made him any better in allstar eyes I would have been specific..so yes need to facepalm. :facepalm: And another for have to explain I wasn't underselling :facepalm: And a third because you felt the need to clarify your clarification that wasn't necessary in the first place :facepalm: Since i'm on a roll, a 4th facepalm for admitting that 22 and 5 (fictional numbers) aren't any better in the first place...making your post a total waste of energy :facepalm:

:yeah:

carp 11-26-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 467106)
Semantics. Trust me if 21.9 and 4.8 made him any better in allstar eyes I would have been specific..so yes need to facepalm. :facepalm: And another for have to explain I wasn't underselling :facepalm: And a third because you felt the need to clarify your clarification that wasn't necessary in the first place :facepalm: Since i'm on a roll, a 4th facepalm for admitting that 22 and 5 (fictional numbers) aren't any better in the first place...making your post a total waste of energy :facepalm:

:yeah:

you're on a roll down hill....:facepalm:
22 and 5 is better, though only marginal when discussing allstar consideration... underselling to sell your point is marginal too :facepalm:
fictional numbers? Math lesson anyone?

well played

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 11-26-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 467108)
you're on a roll down hill....:facepalm:
22 and 5 is better, though only marginal when discussing allstar consideration... underselling to sell your point is marginal too :facepalm:
fictional numbers? Math lesson anyone?

well played

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

It's a good thing I'm not dyslexic because when I look at your name all I'd see is CRAP :police:

Anyways, i'm just having fun now. I got the first facepalm out and I can live with that :)

Acie 11-26-2010 02:12 PM

Even if Andrea was averaging 24.7678432 and 6.7473739 he would still not make it.

He will not be voted in and the coaches won't select him over guys on winning teams with more complete games. Unless of course someone gets hurt.

carp 11-26-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 467114)
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

It's a good thing I'm not dyslexic because when I look at your name all I'd see is CRAP :police:

Anyways, i'm just having fun now. I got the first facepalm out and I can live with that :)

:dancing: clever. we both win now.

finstock 11-26-2010 02:32 PM

he'll have to increase both his scoring and rebounding input for that to happen. 25 and 7 perhaps.

RAPMAN 11-26-2010 03:00 PM

No way. Unless his putting up Dirk numbers and the Raptors are a top 4 team in the east. But coaches prefer players who play both sides of the ball and play hard every game, so unless D12, Noah, Horford, Bogut fall prey to injury, Andrea will never make the all-star in his career.

creative1mm 11-26-2010 03:31 PM

I wouldn't say noway, but if raps were to have a above .500 record and bargs is still playing nice, then he would be considered


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24