Do we have one more slot open still? Pops?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bang Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet Skeet, She do that thing for 3 retweets...

Blunted Member
 
Dutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 993
Representing:
Question Do we have one more slot open still? Pops?

From what I can see we still have one roster spot open.
Do we have any $ left?
Don't we also have Pops' bird rights or no?
Dutches is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
In cleveland stalking Anthony Parker

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Malton
Posts: 190
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutches View Post
From what I can see we still have one roster spot open.
Do we have any $ left?
Don't we also have Pops' bird rights or no?
We dont have Pops on Bird rights only Delfino.
I think we have money left, but I dont think it will be enough for him. We are probably going to get someone on the vet min.
AP we miss you!!!!!!!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutches View Post
From what I can see we still have one roster spot open.
Do we have any $ left?
Don't we also have Pops' bird rights or no?
A player needs to be playing for you(or his current contract you traded for) for 3 years for Bird rights to be in effect.

We have enough money under the cap to sign Pops though likely considering he hasn't signed any other offers...he'll likely come back for under 2 mil.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
brown on the outside

Junior Member
 
Sadakat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaytday View Post
I think we're pretty close to the cap. We should have a small amount of the MLE left. Does anyone have the current state of our proximity to the cap?
We used up all our BAE 1.9 mil on Rasho and 500 to 700 k left of the MLE. However, any team can sign as many minimum contract players as long as there are roster spots, therefore signing pops should be okay as IMO he is a minimum contract player right now. Plus Quincy Douby's contract is not guaranteed and can be revoked i believe before December, which would let us get Pops at the minimum and Delfino with bird rights if we want.
Sadakat is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Is The:

Chairman of the Boards
 
gdaytday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,252
Representing:
Default

Quote:
We have enough money under the cap to sign Pops though likely considering he hasn't signed any other offers...he'll likely come back for under 2 mil.
We're already well over the cap...We signed and traded for Hedo to stay over and keep our MLE.
gdaytday is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaytday View Post
We're already well over the cap...We signed and traded for Hedo to stay over and keep our MLE.
Sorry you are correct, i was mistaken.

We have enough of the MLE left to sign him.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
all right

Member
 
sixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 268
Representing:
Default

why do you want Pops
he only had 2-3 games that he was good
at the end of the year he was missing open dunks
sixel is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Joey G is a better option than Pops
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,276
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Joey G is a better option than Pops
No he isn't.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Humpy's #1 fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 600
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Joey G is a better option than Pops
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahaahhahha
dmbphan041 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member

 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,494
Representing:
Default

i'm really , really hoping they resign pops

they still need more players that go after it, players that leave it all on the court. pops like jyd could play a little the 3/4 . when you have bigs with perimeter skills you can mix and match a guy with no offensive skill in at the 3 so long as he can defend the position. pops is pretty athletic so i would thinks he's capable of that

so we'll have evans pf/c, our grunt hacker used to keep people off the block with his strengh and commit some hard fouls when KG starts bullying Calderon again
and we'll have pops, sf/pf another hustling grunt but much more suited to step out to guard the perimeter, plus can run the floor and gets to hustle boards that the unmobile evans wouldn't get. he's also quite the weapon vs teams with no frontcourt, he's transforms into amare stoudamire

i have no problem with them both on the team
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Jesus.

Trust, having another banger like Pops off ther pine is a great thing. I'd llove to see a combo of he and Evans to close out quarters and halves when you're looking to conserve minutes and fouls for the big guys. They wouyld bang the shit outta teams and if there was ANY fall off on the offence, they would more than make up with it with enthusiasm and enrgy.

Its all about momentum and energy, close out every quarter hard.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Is The:

Chairman of the Boards
 
gdaytday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,252
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Jesus.

Trust, having another banger like Pops off ther pine is a great thing. I'd llove to see a combo of he and Evans to close out quarters and halves when you're looking to conserve minutes and fouls for the big guys. They wouyld bang the shit outta teams and if there was ANY fall off on the offence, they would more than make up with it with enthusiasm and enrgy.

Its all about momentum and energy, close out every quarter hard.
Totally agree...A guy who can bring some energy, grab boards and make things difficult for opposing players so that we don't lose leads/get run off the floor when our starters are getting a breather at the end of quarters. He's a guy that can use up his fouls because he won't be needed to close out games.
gdaytday is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,056
Representing:
Default

We have Pops bird rights so we can sign him. And yes we do have a spot open. It will be a good desicion to sign him or a SF for the minimum for security
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
We have Pops bird rights so we can sign him. And yes we do have a spot open. It will be a good desicion to sign him or a SF for the minimum for security
I'm sorry..did you say Pops' bird rights? He hasn't been under contract long enough for any team to have such rights to him

...which was mentioned earlier in the thread if you would have bothered to read
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,056
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
I'm sorry..did you say Pops' bird rights? He hasn't been under contract long enough for any team to have such rights to him

...which was mentioned earlier in the thread if you would have bothered to read
I see very interesting...
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyFro View Post
i'm really , really hoping they resign pops

they still need more players that go after it, players that leave it all on the court. pops like jyd could play a little the 3/4 . when you have bigs with perimeter skills you can mix and match a guy with no offensive skill in at the 3 so long as he can defend the position. pops is pretty athletic so i would thinks he's capable of that

so we'll have evans pf/c, our grunt hacker used to keep people off the block with his strengh and commit some hard fouls when KG starts bullying Calderon again
and we'll have pops, sf/pf another hustling grunt but much more suited to step out to guard the perimeter, plus can run the floor and gets to hustle boards that the unmobile evans wouldn't get. he's also quite the weapon vs teams with no frontcourt, he's transforms into amare stoudamire

i have no problem with them both on the team
Co-sign.

Well put granny. I was thinking exactly the same thing. We need to have a guy like Pops on this team! Doesn't hurt to have another tough banger on the roster, especially that we can get him 4 cheap.
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

I agree we need a banger, but try not to mistake JYD for a guy that knew how to play defence. He knew how to try hard physically, but he wasn't much usefull for anything more than that.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18
Representing:
Default Pops A Raptors

Pops Mensa Bonsu told someone on his twitter page that he is gonna be in a Raptors uniforum for sure. Not sure what to make of that. comments!!!
juiced is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,940
Representing:
Default

i dont know man.....you got a link?
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
British Open. TORaptor4Ever Other Sports 13 07-19-2009 03:37 PM
US Open Acie Other Sports 76 06-23-2009 08:40 AM
US Open Belsius Other Sports 19 09-09-2008 09:55 PM
The Open Superjudge Other Sports 21 07-19-2008 09:06 AM
Wie playing the Open!!!! Superjudge Entertainment Lounge 3 07-04-2008 11:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24