Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Did we lose yesterdays (NYK) game on purpose? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/did-we-lose-yesterdays-nyk-game-purpose-26897.html)

m5racer 04-17-2014 01:41 PM

Did we lose yesterdays (NYK) game on purpose?
 
So after watching yesterdays game, I was left wondering.....Did Casey intentionally let us lose the game yesterday? I mean, we basicly played out our 3ed stringers in the entire 4th quarter, and for some ungodly reason byucks was just chucking up missed shot after missed shot. Our starting 5 was pretty much benched the entire second half, and even when it came down to the wire at the end, out benches bench was on the court. We could have easily of won that game, but for some some reason I feel like Casey kind of wanted to lose to go play BKN......

:dc: Thoughts?

moremilk 04-17-2014 01:42 PM

No point

m5racer 04-17-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 885977)
No point

Its a valid question, cause it completely looked like a less obvious tank then what BKN did yesterday.

elT 04-17-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5racer (Post 885976)
So after watching yesterdays game, I was left wondering.....Did Casey intentionally let us lose the game yesterday? I mean, we basicly played out our 3ed stringers in the entire 4th quarter, and for some ungodly reason byucks was just chucking up missed shot after missed shot. Our starting 5 was pretty much benched the entire second half, and even when it came down to the wire at the end, out benches bench was on the court. We could have easily of won that game, but for some some reason I feel like Casey kind of wanted to lose to go play BKN......

:dc: Thoughts?

I'm sorry but, your post does not make sense.
The Bulls lost midway through 3rd quarter of Raptors @ Knicks game. That meant we were locked in the 3rd post no matter what happens in our game. Casey benched all the key players to give them rest and avoid any stupid injury. Win or lose, the game didn't matter at all after the Bulls lost.

thought 04-17-2014 01:53 PM

Once they found out Chicago had lost, it didn't make a difference whether we won or lost.

m5racer 04-17-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thought (Post 885983)
Once they found out Chicago had lost, it didn't make a difference whether we won or lost.

What an idiot I am, I could have sworn I heard leo mention that Chicago had a blow out win yesterday.....must of been his general boring style of analysis that had me in a half way coma......my bad :mu:

MikeToronto 04-17-2014 02:01 PM

It wasn't a blowout, rather an OT loss for Chicago.

m5racer 04-17-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 885987)
It wasn't a blowout, rather an OT loss for Chicago.

Man, what heavy drugs was I on yesterday....did someone dose me, I was in another dimension then cause that's just crazy

thought 04-17-2014 02:07 PM

this thread is 10/10

andris213 04-17-2014 02:42 PM

He said Washington had a blow out win vs Boston

Alex 04-17-2014 03:04 PM

As much rest as you can get for the key pieces.

lankganglia 04-17-2014 06:50 PM

casey actually made a good move for once:cookie:

LX 04-17-2014 07:01 PM

I was really impressed with how intense Casey remained all the same. He doesn't stop coaching. The team really does reflect his personality. And Lowry matches up nicely with that never say die approach as well.

lankganglia 04-17-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elT (Post 885982)
Win or lose, the game didn't matter at all

for playoffs, best road record in the east was on the line

LX 04-17-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lankganglia (Post 886093)
for playoffs, best road record in the east was on the line

Yeah - that wasn't worth risking an injury.

lankganglia 04-17-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 886094)
Yeah - that wasn't worth risking an injury.

i am very happy they didnt, just heard matt say that b4 CHI lost and never again

Ammo 04-17-2014 08:22 PM

Um.....

People do realize that with the late season maneuvering, the Bulls now have 2 picks before we get one, the Nets got the Celtics a 2nd pick before we pick once, so does Philly pick twice before us, and so does Orlando pick twice. And 12 of the 18 picks are to land in the east before we pick.

:jack::aj::kadri::jv::klow::dc:

Well, at least there will be several Canadians visiting Toronto all season from now on. :lol:

TheSpider 04-17-2014 08:38 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong. But with the loss yesterday we remain tied with CHI record wise, which mean we will get a chance to flip a coin or something to determine the 19th and 20th pick draft order.

So that could be one reason why we wanted the L yesterday.

Ammo 04-17-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSpider (Post 886113)
Correct me if I'm wrong. But with the loss yesterday we remain tied with CHI record wise, which mean we will get a chance to flip a coin or something to determine the 19th and 20th pick draft order.

So that could be one reason why we wanted the L yesterday.

Don't know. What is the tiebreaker? Or do the ignore head-to-head?

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 04-17-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 886114)
Don't know. What is the tiebreaker? Or do the ignore head-to-head?

Pretty sure it is just a random drawing or coin flip.

So like TheSpider said, Raptors now have a chance to get the 19th NBA pick instead of the 20th.

Last year LA Clippers won the tie breaker over Memphis & Houston won the tie breaker against Lakers(All playoff teams).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24