Detroit would like to deal Josh Smith, keep Monroe? - Page 2
Old 02-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
We going to the 2nd rd!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,791
Representing:
Default

If Dumar isn't let go after this season, then DETs organization is just as bad as the Knicks when Isiah was in charge and he got continued support from the organization. Dumars should have been fired after CV/BG signings.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 3,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Don't know who's worse - Detroit when FA opens/starts or Cleveland on draft day.
That for me would easily be Detroit. While some of Cleveland's picks deserved to be questioned, Detroit have handcuffed themselves so many times with horrible contracts, resulting in a longer period of achieving no success. Cleveland could easily be a 7th or 8th seed in the conference, as the players they drafted do have talent. The issue for Cleveland comes with no strong development of team chemistry and their coaching staff/management not holding players accountable.
Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
believin' in Masai.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 601
Representing:
Default

Why are they forcing him/Monroe into the starting line-up?
Have one of their big three come off the bench. It's the only way.
Owned is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 3,990
Representing:
Default

In regards to the possible trades mentioned for Smith in the quotes of jeff's starting post, I think that both the trades for either Bargs or Gerald Wallace + Bogans should seriously be considered by Detroit because no other teams are going to touch Smith's new contract.

I can see Boston being intrigued because the need a good post defender which Smith is and more importantly Smith and Rondo are really good friends which might help Boston's chances of possibly extending/resign Rondo (if he were to hit free agency in the coming years).

The Knicks should also be intrigued as a Josh Smith and Chandler combo down low means 2 solid post defenders that will control the paint and protect the rim, something which they don't have now because of Bargs and Stoudemire's horrible defensive play.

Both trades make sense for Detroit too. If they pull of the Bargs trade he will come of the bench as a scoring big man that will spread the floor and open up the paint for Monroe and Drummond to operate on the offensive end. Plus, with his contract coming off the books after next season it will free up some cap space. Once this cap is open though the Pistons need to leave it alone. Worry about the development of Monroe and Drummond and pick solid pieces up through the trade.

The Wallace + Bogans deal works as well, since Detriot will shed some cap as Bogans contract next year is non-guaranteed with a buyout option. Wallace can fill in as the vet SF off the bench behind Singler. Now the don't get the luxury of shedding all that cap like the Brags deal (Bargs 1 1/2 left vs Wallace 2 1/2), but at least the focus will be one their 2 young big men, which is what should have been done and followed since day one.
Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 3,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owned View Post
Why are they forcing him/Monroe into the starting line-up?
Have one of their big three come off the bench. It's the only way.
Monroe and Drummond have to play large minutes for development purposes. Smith will not agree to come off the bench and by forcing him to come off the bench you are only doing a disservice to your team. I say that because if they want to trade him they have to at least showcase him and hope he performs. By having him coming off the bench and playing limited minutes, it makes not only his contract but his playing value look horrible. Even though I say this, I still feel they should start both Monroe and Drummond over Smith. Detroit are really in a horrible predickament and they best hope that another idiotic GM like Dumars (cough Dolan cough) will bail them out.
Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,484
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diamond Scorpion View Post
Monroe and Drummond have to play large minutes for development purposes. Smith will not agree to come off the bench and by forcing him to come off the bench you are only doing a disservice to your team. I say that because if they want to trade him they have to at least showcase him and hope he performs. By having him coming off the bench and playing limited minutes, it makes not only his contract but his playing value look horrible. Even though I say this, I still feel they should start both Monroe and Drummond over Smith. Detroit are really in a horrible predickament and they best hope that another idiotic GM like Dumars (cough Dolan cough) will bail them out.
He's doing them a disservice right now with the way he's playing as part of the starting unit.

He could still be showcased coming off the bench as long as the minutes were there overall. He just shouldn't be on the floor with both Monroe and Drummond at the same time.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
I Get my Energy from my inner G

Senior Member
 
JJ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge Ontario
Posts: 645
Representing:
Default

Maaann I would love for us to get Manroe on our squad
JJ28 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,484
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj0786 View Post
Maaann I would love for us to get Manroe on our squad
He's actually a guy that I would consider dealing DD for.

A Monroe/JV tandem would be pretty damn good up front.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
I Get my Energy from my inner G

Senior Member
 
JJ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge Ontario
Posts: 645
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
He's actually a guy that I would consider dealing DD for.

A Monroe/JV tandem would be pretty damn good up front.
I think DD is moving into an untouchable role, I think we could even low ball Detroit and I think they will trade him hansbrough ross? Hansbrough/ Vaszquez.. It is a long stretch but it would be nice
JJ28 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
He's actually a guy that I would consider dealing DD for.

A Monroe/JV tandem would be pretty damn good up front.
As much as I'd be intrigued by that frontcourt - neither is a defensive 1st type of guy. Maybe JV can become one but both of their strengths lie moreso on the offensive end. Also - Monroe has fallen off a bit this year and last year. Not saying it can't work but the wing defenders at SG and SF have to play some pretty good d.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:12 AM   #31 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,814
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
He's actually a guy that I would consider dealing DD for.

A Monroe/JV tandem would be pretty damn good up front.
Might be the two bigs who play the shittiest D and form the most un-athletic pair of bigs ever.
Just my opinion.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,484
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
As much as I'd be intrigued by that frontcourt - neither is a defensive 1st type of guy. Maybe JV can become one but both of their strengths lie moreso on the offensive end. Also - Monroe has fallen off a bit this year and last year. Not saying it can't work but the wing defenders at SG and SF have to play some pretty good d.
I'd assume that JV would become more of a defensive force in that scenario while Monroe carried the offense.

His (Monroe's) touches and minutes have been down this season with Smith in the rotation. He's still a 20/10 threat when given the chance to shine.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #33 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,055
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Might be the two bigs who play the shittiest D and form the most un-athletic pair of bigs ever.
Just my opinion.
Really?
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,576
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Might be the two bigs who play the shittiest D and form the most un-athletic pair of bigs ever.
Just my opinion.
I so agree with this...
but then again we would probably be built like Indiana

Last edited by creative1mm; 02-04-2014 at 12:04 PM.
creative1mm is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'd assume that JV would become more of a defensive force in that scenario while Monroe carried the offense.

His (Monroe's) touches and minutes have been down this season with Smith in the rotation. He's still a 20/10 threat when given the chance to shine.
Naturally though he's more adept offensively.

It's not just this season it's last season as well where he's taken a dip.

We'd need damn good wing defenders.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #36 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,877
Representing:
Default

Smith for Novak and Fields
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 3,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
Smith for Novak and Fields
I know that trade offer was sarcasm, but please don't tell me you would honestly want Smith on our team? The dude is overpaid and has a horrible attitude.
Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,814
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative1mm View Post
I so agree with this...
but then again we would probably be built like Indiana
Hibbert and West can play D.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,814
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Really?
Unless JV turns into something else, it really would look awful. Monroe is not a good compliment to what JV is supposed to grow into.

In fact, I hate Monroe.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #40 (permalink)
Is The:

Chairman of the Boards
 
gdaytday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,631
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Unless JV turns into something else, it really would look awful. Monroe is not a good compliment to what JV is supposed to grow into.

In fact, I hate Monroe.
Hate is such a strong word.
gdaytday is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24