DeRozan
Old 01-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,791
Representing:
Default DeRozan

Will he continue to struggle?

or

Will he get back to his old form from last season?

or

Will he be traded because of his struggles?
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

I believe Emar will continue to struggle untli the second half, at which point we'll see an offensive bump but only marginal defensive growth.... hopefully we'll also see a bump in rebounding, steals, blocks and off-ball movement but I think all of that might be too much to ask.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,791
Representing:
Default

What has happened? Why is he struggling?

I know there are slumps in sports & he isn't even injured.(that we know)

It's almost like he isn't trying.
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,347
Representing:
Default

He needs to come of the bench tonight and maybe a couple games as a wake up call. Send a message DC!
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
from Italy

Senior Member
 
shenmui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pescara, Italy
Posts: 522
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
Will he continue to struggle?

or

Will he get back to his old form from last season?

or

Will he be traded because of his struggles?
He can't be traded because he's our future. Also, l can't understand all this criticism: judging by just two games ago (against the Clippers) he's turning into a second-generation LeBron James. or I'm the only one who saw his strong effort during the last quarter with no failed attempts?

Last edited by shenmui; 01-25-2012 at 02:44 PM.
shenmui is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,412
Representing:
Default

well.. if Derozan can ball like he did last year.. the raps would be way better then a tank team
creative1mm is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

seems like his confidence is pretty shot right now and i don't blame the guy. I think sometimes people forget how young he actually. Still i gotta say i'm a bit dissapointed how things are shaping up for him this year.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,717
Representing:
Default

Who knows?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,008
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative1mm View Post
well.. if Derozan can ball like he did last year.. the raps would be way better then a tank team
Agreed, If he can just be a consistent 17-18ppg player and Barbosa continued to play the way he has the last couple weeks, add that to Bargs offense and offense would no longer be much of an issue. Especially if Jose could look for his a little more when needed. Offense shouldn't really be this much of a problem for this team.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,657
Representing:
Default

maybe he bought into the idea of the tank and is waiting for next year when we win a championship
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
cool

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 819
Representing:
Default

We struggle against teams that can play some d but can win against teams that play no d at all (ny, phx, cavs)
neojiphre is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

He has struggled every single game, if he continues like this all year he'll get traded.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
He has struggled every single game, if he continues like this all year he'll get traded.
That would be the worst time to trade him... in that case, might as well keep him, let him improve over the offseason and hope that he does.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,218
Representing:
Default

i have seen glimpses of improvement throughout his play this season. His 3 point shot, shot selection, his passing, use of the bank shot in good situations. He HAS improved over last year(mostly offensively). Problems come everywhere like new coach, scared to be benched because of poor D (leads to nervous offense), no plays called for him, half court sets, list goes on.
I think he will snap out of it once he gets comfortable with the coach and his lesser role. Look at James Johnson, he is putting it all together and playing within himself.
0nekhmer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Let's get this win, Raptors!

Senior Member
 
rockthetdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,152
Representing:
Default

Agreed, you don't trade your assets when you're down unless you plan on going out, so hold on to him for now. I personally don't think he's struggling as much as I think he's being a beach. I buy more into the fact that he's losing the will to play for Toronto right now with all these downer tweets and facebookings. Who knows, hopefully he grows some, dumps his chick and picks up his game.

He could trouble me for a warm glass of shut the hell up.

http://youtu.be/owNO5s3eln4

Last edited by rockthetdot; 01-25-2012 at 06:17 PM.
rockthetdot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthetdot View Post
Agreed, you don't trade your assets when you're down unless you plan on going out, so hold on to him for now. I personally don't think he's struggling as much as I think he's being a beach. I buy more into the fact that he's losing the will to play for Toronto right now with all these downer tweets and facebookings. Who knows, hopefully he grows some, dumps his chick and picks up his game.

He could trouble me for a warm glass of shut the hell up.

A Warm Glass Of Shut the hell up - YouTube
hahahaha.... that was funny!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nekhmer View Post
i have seen glimpses of improvement throughout his play this season. His 3 point shot, shot selection, his passing, use of the bank shot in good situations. He HAS improved over last year(mostly offensively). Problems come everywhere like new coach, scared to be benched because of poor D (leads to nervous offense), no plays called for him, half court sets, list goes on.
I think he will snap out of it once he gets comfortable with the coach and his lesser role. Look at James Johnson, he is putting it all together and playing within himself.
I haven't noticed those improvements at all.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Scouting Specialist
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,760
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I believe Emar will continue to struggle untli the second half, at which point we'll see an offensive bump but only marginal defensive growth.... hopefully we'll also see a bump in rebounding, steals, blocks and off-ball movement but I think all of that might be too much to ask.
I really want to believe that this was just a typo, but the fact that you capitalized the E is very troubling.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,218
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I haven't noticed those improvements at all.
Hard to notice, but I have seen glimpses of said improvements, not consistent improvements though. He has been missing the majority of them but the shots he takes are usually good open shots within the team offense. I have watched him very closely even when he disappears in game..
0nekhmer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
I really want to believe that this was just a typo, but the fact that you capitalized the E is very troubling.
I've never seen his D. Don't fret over it, t'was intentional.

carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24