Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   derozan ? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/derozan-21598.html)

Bankiz 12-19-2011 06:34 AM

derozan ?
 
i was thinking about the capspace for next season, but don't we have to sign derozan to keep him next season ?
he elligible for an extansion contract, no ?

between 7M and 10M i presume !

jeffb 12-19-2011 07:05 AM

As far as I can tell:

Derozan
2011-12 *making 2.6Mil
2012-13 *he's owed 3.4Mil
2013-14 *4.5Mil Qualifying Offer

So unless he can opt out after this season he's controlable until after next season. Colangelo said we have 10Mil capspace next season and also hinted at the possibilty of using our amnesty and if so we could have as much as 20Mil. He said he wouldn't use the amnesty unless they have the opportunity to sign a big name.

DanH 12-19-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 588618)
As far as I can tell:

Derozan
2011-12 *making 2.6Mil
2012-13 *he's owed 3.4Mil
2013-14 *4.5Mil Qualifying Offer

So unless he can opt out after this season he's controlable until after next season. Colangelo said we have 10Mil capspace next season and also hinted at the possibilty of using our amnesty and if so we could have as much as 20Mil. He said he wouldn't use the amnesty unless they have the opportunity to sign a big name.

Yeah. Next year is a team option, which the team will pick up before this season starts (they have to, or he's a FA). The year after is his QO year, so even if we wanted cap space THAT year (unlikely), we could still just make him restricted, sign other free agents, then give him the raise we all know he's getting.

Superjudge 12-19-2011 10:12 AM

I dunno...he reminds me a lot of Mo Pete.

I really think thats Derozans best comparison...

TORaptor4Ever 12-19-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 588645)
I dunno...he reminds me a lot of Mo Pete.

I really think thats Derozans best comparison...

I wish that he could play defense and shoot the 3 like a healthy Mo Pete could. :sigh:

I do think that his handle is a lot better though.

We'll see how things go. Still young.

carp 12-19-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 588645)
I dunno...he reminds me a lot of Mo Pete.

I really think thats Derozans best comparison...

He's more athletic than Mo Pete, but definitely is very mechanical in his movements..... it could just be age..... he's definitely not ready for a breakout this year though.

jeffb 12-19-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 588645)
I dunno...he reminds me a lot of Mo Pete.

I really think thats Derozans best comparison...

Really? Mopete can shoot the 3, was a better defender and wasn't nearly as athletic.

RAPMAN 12-19-2011 11:14 AM

Derozan will not break you off the dribble. He does not have the handle of a Brandon Roy or Tracy McGrady, but he is much better than MoPete. With his strong work ethic and positive attitude, he can be a Jason Richardson type of player.

Superjudge 12-19-2011 11:21 AM

"athletic"

Yep. he can dunk. He doesn't seem to get out on the break that great, not bad, but not great. When you think of young guys that got out and finished that ended up stars... they got most of their great big plays done in the first few years.... I love the guy but honestly, his high-lite reel is good. Average Good. Not star good.

Totally my opinion I know that, but honestly, he ain't giving me feelings of delight. I just like him.

jeffb 12-19-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 588685)
"athletic"

Yep. he can dunk. He doesn't seem to get out on the break that great, not bad, but not great. When you think of young guys that got out and finished that ended up stars... they got most of their great big plays done in the first few years.... I love the guy but honestly, his high-lite reel is good. Average Good. Not star good.

Totally my opinion I know that, but honestly, he ain't giving me feelings of delight. I just like him.

Yeah for the most part I agree about that. Is it just me or does he seem a little flat footed when he runs? Lol

carp 12-19-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 588685)
"athletic"

Yep. he can dunk. He doesn't seem to get out on the break that great, not bad, but not great. When you think of young guys that got out and finished that ended up stars... they got most of their great big plays done in the first few years.... I love the guy but honestly, his high-lite reel is good. Average Good. Not star good.

Totally my opinion I know that, but honestly, he ain't giving me feelings of delight. I just like him.

I totally agree... but I think he's still got another jump in him... he's real young and likely could have used one more year in college before hitting the NBA grind.... his game and body needed the time more than anything. I think next year we see a caron butler type player... not a stud, but a solid player. Offensively he needs to move beyond his rigidity and on D he needs to put a lot more effort in.

Bankiz 12-19-2011 11:30 AM

he need to do some yoga ! LOL !
and stop being in waiting in the wing ! move ! move !

halphbreedballer 12-19-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPMAN (Post 588677)
Derozan will not break you off the dribble. He does not have the handle of a Brandon Roy or Tracy McGrady, but he is much better than MoPete. With his strong work ethic and positive attitude, he can be a Jason Richardson type of player.

That is a much better comparison! :yeah:

0nekhmer 12-19-2011 11:54 AM

The offense I saw from him I can live with.. the defense however.. Did not seem to improve much

Superjudge 12-19-2011 11:56 AM

Well one thing we can all agree on is that he SEEMS, I say seems as we don't really know as we aren't there, but he seems to be determined to work hard to improve. I respect that above all.

I'm just tired of hearing people say he's athletic..like honestly, we had VC15 here. Thats athletic.

:)

carp 12-19-2011 11:59 AM


Superjudge 12-19-2011 12:01 PM

Derozan has not once made me jump out of me seat.

Mind you, he had the Dunk of the competition last year.

Renihan_00 12-19-2011 01:13 PM

I'm not on the Derozan bandwagon at all. He just isn't progressing quickly enough for a guard to be end up being an all-star in the league.

Solid player but I think the time has come to revise expectations downwards. I would be looking to shop him personally because I think he is overvalued in the market.

And don't get me wrong, if we can keep him for a reasonable price that sounds great because I like his attitude and hustle ... I have a feeling he will be overpaid and I don't want it to be by us.

Sell high.

carp 12-19-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renihan_00 (Post 588717)
I'm not on the Derozan bandwagon at all. He just isn't progressing quickly enough for a guard to be end up being an all-star in the league.

Solid player but I think the time has come to revise expectations downwards. I would be looking to shop him personally because I think he is overvalued in the market.

And don't get me wrong, if we can keep him for a reasonable price that sounds great because I like his attitude and hustle ... I have a feeling he will be overpaid and I don't want it to be by us.

Sell high.

he's overvalued by us... no throughout the league.

Renihan_00 12-19-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 588719)
he's overvalued by us... no throughout the league.

I think we overvalue him MORE than others but I think other still overvalue him. If you look at it, many publications have him as a budding star.

After this season I don't think they will.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24