derozan ? - Page 5
Old 12-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #81 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,246
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

It really depends on how well derozan does this season, I could see him getting up to 10 mill, we all have to wait.
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #82 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
rot on the bench? No, they get to play.... there are plenty of minutes. When JV comes over, maybe then there is a decision made....

also, Amir has been in the league for a long time.... why is it assumed that the sky is his limit?

This belief that guys can't continue to battle for minutes is absurd. To treat our young players as stars prematurely is a bad habit. Let them earn it. Neither have yet.
The only way they ever significantly improve is by starting them. You can't tell me you don't learn bad habits by playing on the bench. You don't develop good young players by putting them on the bench.

You need to give them starters minutes and let them build better confidence. That way they want to continue to keep getting better and learn much more .

Look at James Johnson, you don't think those starters minutes @ the 3 got him to work much harder on his game and gave him a lot more confidence?

Thats just the nature of the game. If you keep playing vets more in favour over young talent, you're screwing up the development of the young talent.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #83 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
The only way they ever significantly improve is by starting them. You can't tell me you don't learn bad habits by playing on the bench. You don't develop good young players by putting them on the bench.

You need to give them starters minutes and let them build better confidence. That way they want to continue to keep getting better and learn much more .

Look at James Johnson, you don't think those starters minutes @ the 3 got him to work much harder on his game and gave him a lot more confidence?

Thats just the nature of the game. If you keep playing vets more in favour over young talent, you're screwing up the development of the young talent.
I totally disagree. I can think of many bigs that learned on the bench and became very good players down the road. It's not all about playing time, it's about effort put in during practice and offseason, and sometimes too much given too soon takes away from what they can do in between games.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #84 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,569
Representing:
Default

i'll be shocked if derozan gets less than $12-13 mil per season for 5 seasons, when the time comes.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #85 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I totally disagree. I can think of many bigs that learned on the bench and became very good players down the road. It's not all about playing time, it's about effort put in during practice and offseason, and sometimes too much given too soon takes away from what they can do in between games.
Sometimes you just have to throw them out to the Wolves and let them play.

Bargnani is a vet now. he's not some 19, 20 year old prospect. Davis should start.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #86 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i'll be shocked if derozan gets less than $12-13 mil per season for 5 seasons, when the time comes.
I think an Afflalo sized contract is good.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #87 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Sometimes you just have to throw them out to the Wolves and let them play.

Bargnani is a vet now. he's not some 19, 20 year old prospect. Davis should start.
If they get 25-35 mins regardless of starting, that is throwing them out to the wolves. People overvalue starting jobs in the NBA.

Johnson isn't a 19, 20 year old prospect and neither is Davis either.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24