Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   DeMar DeRozan Invited to USA Basketball Training Camp? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/demar-derozan-invited-usa-basketball-training-camp-22896.html)

MrClutch 05-07-2012 07:30 PM

DeMar DeRozan Invited to USA Basketball Training Camp?
 
Looks like he's been added to the USA Olympic Selection Roster which is kinda surprising but none the less, congrats to Derozan

Kirby 05-07-2012 07:31 PM

bwahahahahahahahaha clearly Team USA does not want to win.

MrClutch 05-07-2012 07:36 PM

honestly this only benefits derozan plus the raptors for next season so i like it

KoolAid 05-07-2012 07:38 PM

Good luck with getting selected.

I see Anthony Davis being picked before Harden and him.

Kirby 05-07-2012 07:40 PM

jokes aside, of course it's a privilege. yeah, the experience will only be good for him so I also support this.

I just don't see him making it.

MrClutch 05-07-2012 08:49 PM

who knows, someone may banged up and he becomes the 15th man on the team

jeffb 05-07-2012 08:53 PM

He, much like Triano enjoying his ties to a Colangelo. lol

Grizz 05-07-2012 09:09 PM

I assume this just means he'll be on the alternate team they use for scrimmages and what not? If so, great experience for him. Hope it pays off.

Dark Knight 05-07-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolAid (Post 641930)
Good luck with getting selected.

I see Anthony Davis being picked before Harden and him.

Harden is basically a lock for the team. No way Anthony Davis gets selected over a guy like him. :cookie:

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 05-07-2012 09:39 PM

Jerry Colangelo's doing his son a favour

jeffb 05-07-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! (Post 641952)
Jerry Colangelo's doing his son a favour

Of course, and it's not the first time.

fk24 05-07-2012 10:05 PM

much better than playing in those disorganized drew league games.

Dark Knight 05-07-2012 10:08 PM

Hopefully he picks up a thing or two from Kobe. :dancing:

fk24 05-07-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 641962)
Hopefully he picks up a thing or two from Kobe. :dancing:

The only thing you learn from Kobe is bad shot selection. Thats why he's always trying these crazy fadeaways.

If he wants to be better he should try to pick up things from D. Wade

d00little 05-07-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fk24 (Post 641963)
The only thing you learn from Kobe is bad shot selection. Thats why he's always trying these crazy fadeaways.

If he wants to be better he should try to pick up things from D. Wade

Lebron, Carmelo, etc. all learned about work ethic from Kobe during the last Olympics. When they met to review tape in the early morning, Kobe would already be covered in sweat from having lifted weights and taking shots when other guys had just woken up.

I remember hearing a story from Kevin Durant who was playing with the Team USA Select team. When they made a stop in Las Vegas the coaches said they could all have an off day, but the bus would take anybody who wanted to go to the gym. Durant convinced Westbrook to come to the gym with him and when they got on the bus the only person inside was Kobe.

Sean 05-07-2012 10:39 PM

Good for him.

Should be good for his development to practice and scrimmage against the best players in the world in a competitive forum, not these glorified pick up games like the Drew League.

Obviously he has no chance of making the team and this is more of Jerry doing a favour for Bryan, but who cares? It will be good for DeRozan.

fk24 05-07-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d00little (Post 641964)
Lebron, Carmelo, etc. all learned about work ethic from Kobe during the last Olympics. When they met to review tape in the early morning, Kobe would already be covered in sweat from having lifted weights and taking shots when other guys had just woken up.

I remember hearing a story from Kevin Durant who was playing with the Team USA Select team. When they made a stop in Las Vegas the coaches said they could all have an off day, but the bus would take anybody who wanted to go to the gym. Durant convinced Westbrook to come to the gym with him and when they got on the bus the only person inside was Kobe.

Kobe is a hard worker no doubt. But the shots he takes for any other player are bad shots.

He's probably learned enough from Kobe considering they practiced a lot in the summer, always playing in his camps and trying to emulate his game all the time.

He should instead try to learn things from his buddy Lebron who's work ethic is just as good if not better than Kobe and also Wade and add those components to his game. A more playmaking aspect to the game.

Nites 05-07-2012 10:49 PM

He'll be on the B-Team

Torontosaurus 05-07-2012 10:55 PM

Good on him :yeah:

The experience will do him good for sure!

neojiphre 05-08-2012 06:38 AM

Good for DeMar, make sure those balls are clean (no pun intended) and everybody is not dehydrated. I think he will play the GST position (Gatorade Supply Technician)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24