Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Defense? I'll say it again... (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/defense-ill-say-again-24130.html)

just4_raps 11-27-2012 10:04 PM

Defense? I'll say it again...
 
Among other factors, James Johnson was one of the biggest keys to our defensive improvement last year.

Look at this squad struggle without a guy that gives his sort of defensive hustle. And he wasn't a huge liability on the offensive end (...McGuire)

We need to find a real glue guy like him again (not named Fields). I'm not saying we need literally need James Johnson, because he's turned sour recently.

I'm saying that we need to find someone to provide what he did last year for us.

jeffb 11-27-2012 10:07 PM

How is James Johnson doing this season?

Bankiz 11-27-2012 10:10 PM

he is burn in sac town !

but i agree we miss him very much. his D and his energy was off the chart for us last year.
we really a guy whom can do that again.

Tommy C 11-27-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahhhnth (Post 710439)
Among other factors, James Johnson was one of the biggest keys to our defensive improvement last year.

Look at this squad struggle without a guy that gives his sort of defensive hustle. And he wasn't a huge liability on the offensive end (...McGuire)

We need to find a real glue guy like him again (not named Fields). That is all.

our D sucks.... I just started a thread while watching the 2nd Q.
Remind me what did we get for him when BC traded him? :cookie:

just4_raps 11-27-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 710447)
How is James Johnson doing this season?

i have no idea. probably the worst season ever. im not saying we literally need james johnson.

im saying we need someone to bring what he provided last year.

Thug 11-27-2012 10:57 PM

What the fuck is wrong with this teams defense..like what the absolute fuck...

Isn't Dwane Casey supposed to be some sort of defensive coach? I don't see ANY defensive improvements from this team on a nightly basis.

BigMan93 11-27-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thug (Post 710582)
What the fuck is wrong with this teams defense..like what the absolute fuck...

Isn't Dwane Casey supposed to be some sort of defensive coach? I don't see ANY defensive improvements from this team on a nightly basis.

Can someone tell me how Dwane Casey can actually smile in a press conference do they have some secret scheme up their sleeves or am i not seeing something because i really don't find this funny at all. Yea i guess we won with JV in the draft but still we look even worst. Also love his new gimmick about having fun lets just try to have fun while taking another loss yah.:dead:

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 11-27-2012 11:42 PM

Maybe Casey has been hanging out with Triano lately :reporter:

Metallikid 11-28-2012 01:48 AM

We played better defense last year because Bargnani wasn't playing. That's the magic answer, guys.

Also, how Casey and the rest of the team hasn't gotten it through their heads that they need to stop over-helping and giving up the corner three is beyond me.

pzabby 11-28-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallikid (Post 710807)
We played better defense last year because Bargnani wasn't playing. That's the magic answer, guys.

Also, how Casey and the rest of the team hasn't gotten it through their heads that they need to stop over-helping and giving up the corner three is beyond me.

absurd

Metallikid 11-28-2012 03:41 AM

Please, enlighten me. :reporter:

Dario 11-28-2012 04:05 AM

oooo. :reporter: investigation time

halphbreedballer 11-28-2012 09:00 AM

Seriously Bargnani has to be traded.
This team has been trying to build around his horrible defensive court awareness & Rebounding, in the hopes he gets better.
Well he isn't.

Who can we trade him for?

That play last night where Ed Davis got completely crowned by Patrick Patterson was completely AB fault because once again he stopped guarding his man & Davis rotated to late for help & got postered.
I WOULD BE PISSED!

carp 11-28-2012 09:11 AM

Everybody is panicking... it's gross. Relax. Teams need time to gel, to learn and trust the system. The exact same reason why teams that make a huge trade midseason often struggle. The NBA is a game where stability equates to consistency. We're so impatient it's absurd. It's not just Bargnani, others have looked horrible as well. Even your precious ones. This team needs time. One lacklustre blowout game isn't the end of the world..... chalk it up to Hardlinparsanity and regroup. Bargnani needs to come back and back up that last game and others need to step up around him. Ed Davis has really looked good these last two games too.. The rest now have to bring it.

moujik 11-28-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 710447)
How is James Johnson doing this season?

Spectacular plays and effort on D, TOs on O just like he did for Toronto in the beginning.
But does come up with LeBron like plays, where he gets the defensive RB and bulldozers all the way to the other basket. Once he learned the team mates he became much less TOprone here. Now he has to do it all over. I'm really feeling for him.
JJ was amazing defending red hot Kobe

I'm glad someone else recognizes JJ's absence. and I would swap him for Bargnani in a sec.

Claudius 11-28-2012 09:36 AM

We sacrificed defence for offence. It's evident in the starting group and in the bench. The obsession to be a running team has cost this team far more dearly right now then I ever thought it would.

carp 11-28-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 710846)
We sacrificed defence for offence. It's evident in the starting group and in the bench. The obsession to be a running team has cost this team far more dearly right now then I ever thought it would.

Are we really a running team anymore? The only guy getting runouts is TRoss... and that's been one game.

just4_raps 11-28-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moujik (Post 710844)
I'm glad someone else recognizes JJ's absence. and I would swap him for Bargnani in a sec.

whoa whoa...i wouldn't go that far. we can get a bit more for Bargs. more like Fields for James Johnson :)

moujik 11-28-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahhhnth (Post 710852)
whoa whoa...i wouldn't go that far. we can get a bit more for Bargs. more like Fields for James Johnson :)

How would you like JJx3 for Fields?

carp 11-28-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahhhnth (Post 710852)
whoa whoa...i wouldn't go that far. we can get a bit more for Bargs. more like Fields for James Johnson :)

Fields and 3M cash for JJ.... I do it in a heartbeat. If they need Acy to chauffeur him, then by all means, throw him in too.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24